Am I Supposed To Be...

Notifications
Clear all

Am I Supposed To Be Itchy When I Put On The Moisturizer?

MemberMember
(@sirgiggles)

Posted : 01/17/2013 10:47 pm

The benzoyl Peroxide is pretty drying but I don't feel itchy, just dry. Whenever I put on the Cetaphil Daily Advance Ultra Hydrating Lotion to fix that drying, it gets really really REALLY itchy. I'm kinda confused because I've used the moisturizer before and it never caused the itchiness this is my second day.

Is there some reaction its having with the BP? Can I just switch the whole moisturizer with jojoba oil instead or do I have to have a dedicated moisturizer?

MemberMember
(@ayeaye)

Posted : 01/17/2013 11:31 pm

I found that in the first few weeks of starting the regimen my faced started to have a burning sensation once I applied the moisturiser and also some days felt very itchy, so I think its pretty normal.

I used cetaphil which used to really burn when I applied it after BP and then I switched to Dan's moisturiser and that was really itchy. After 5 weeks of following the regimen both sensations went away.

If you want the regimen to work as well as it can do, don't change any of the steps. Which means that yes, absolutely moisturise with added jojoba if you need extra hydration, but jojoba oil by itself does not hydrate your skin as successfully as moisturiser and jojoba oil.

Good luck with it all, and remember no matter how itchy your skin gets try and avoid scratching it at all costs as it just adds irritation.