Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
SlimShady

Oily Skin is good for you...means u have very healthy skin

hey guys, dont know if u know this but i think its important i tell you cos this is a fact, if u have oily skin, this is healthy, it reflects ur health. no messing. if u have oily skin, it means ur skin is healthy, however for some, too much oil causes acne. But if ur recovering from acne, and its constantly improoving, then oily skin is good in this process. if ur skin is constantly dry and tight, it will be very awkward and u will peel big time. this never happened to me, because as i said in many of my previous posts...im clear and never had bad acne, but this is 100% true. oily skin is very healthy and once ur acne is under control then ur skin will be very healthy...i dont know why people with clear skin worry about oily skin...it doesnt look bad and it simply means ur healthy. all u have to do if u want to get rid of the sheen it leaves which i personally like however all u gotta do is wipe it off! cept dont rub and cause irritation...as this damages skin and cells! so there u go, if u have healthy skin, it will be oily, regardless of whether or not u have acne!!! but acne aint good, so once u get it under control, dont worry bout the oily skin cos it just means good as far as skin goes!

10-4, I also disagree. So all these people I see with perfect skin (a few being my own brothers) who have non-oily skin and blemish free skin actually isn't good? Hrmmm.......like one of my brothers.....he says he never washes his face when he showers, he just puts on a moisturizer, NEVER CLEANSES.....yet he has no acne and his skin is so perfect and non-oily throughout the day.

-Shawn-

According to acne texts from the medical library, oiliness of the skin has little to do with who gets acne. Some people with dry skin get it, some people with oily skin never do. The only prerequisite is that people have post-pubescent levels of oil in the glands.

-Dan

im sticking to what im saying. however i will change one thing...that is i said that oily skin causes acne. this isnt true and was a mistake. i meant to say oily skin influences acne. and it does....it definitely does.

Ok take for example two people...two people who are completely clear. However one has oily skin and the other doesnt. The person with the oily skin has better skin. im not talking bout ur going round with oil dripping off ur face or anything...im tlkin bout oily skin is better than not having oily skin. People with oily skin age a lot slower than people without oily skin. THATS A FACT! look oily skin causes acne and breakouts if its not looked after properly. meaning dont wash it more than twice a day as this will encourage more oil. but to have oily skin is better than not having it if its not over producing and causing ur pores to be blocked. Get me now?