Notifications
Clear all

Extractions For Under The Skin Bumps/pimples?

MemberMember
(@reyrey)

Posted : 01/16/2013 4:22 pm

Hi guys!

So I'm getting an extraction done tomorrow. Although I don't have acne or even mild, I have these under the skin bumps/pimples that have been there for months The kind that you can't see unless you're in visible light or you stretch the skin. Even though they're not that noticeable, they really bother me. Most parts of my face are really smooth, but then we have these(on my cheeks) that are somewhat bumpy. I can feel them if I push lightly on my skin, I want them gone! If I stretch my skin and pick at them, a little bit of junk comes out. Not sure if these are pimples that I never picked and started to decrease in size, but still under the skin, or pimples I picked in which I did not get all the junk out? I could probably take these out myself, but I rather leave it to a professional to take the proper steps. Have any of you have a similar issue and how did you go about getting rid of them? Are extractions a good idea? I've been try using tea tree oil on them but no luck, tea tree oil works best of active pimples, but these seem to be dormant. Any advice will help, thanks in advance!

MemberMember
(@sirgiggles)

Posted : 01/16/2013 11:13 pm

I think I know what you mean, though to be honest I'm not sure what they are. I have them to, for a long time actually. They don't erupt or seem active but you can still see them and feel that they're there. Nothing has seem to work and I've tried tea tree as well but I think I found how to at least minimize them.

Personally what I've seen to work is a calcium bentonite clay mask with apple cider vinegar. I can't tell you why that worked but it at least shrunk them enough where they've become less noticeable.

MemberMember
(@nakedsmurf)

Posted : 01/16/2013 11:49 pm

Not to discourage you

But by getting the extraction it could actually turn your skin worse I knew a girl friend that had very light acne lots of flesh skin tiny bumps after she went for an extraction session she started breaking out in all kinds of pimples just fyi.

MemberMember
(@green-gables)

Posted : 01/17/2013 1:52 am

Extractions is generally just some aesthetician with a 2 year beauty school license going at your face with a metal loop. Don't expect miracles. If your bumps are under the skin they couldn't get at them without seriously harming your face.

I would get some 20% salicylic acid or 40% lactic acid peels instead.

MemberMember
(@reyrey)

Posted : 01/17/2013 2:59 am

Thank you for the advice. I think I will just post-pone this appointment. In fear of making things worse by forcing something that may not want to come out yet, the last thing I want is to traumatize my skin. They really aren't that bad, but still annoying. I think I'll just wait it out, keep exfoliating, and hope they just come up to the surface or disappear. Has these peels worked for you or are these just general methods that work?

MemberMember
(@vyvan84)

Posted : 01/17/2013 9:19 am

I was in the same shoes. It started in November and it is called clogged pores, normally caused by make up/skin care. But the bad news is leaving clogged pores there for long, they will turn to be inflamed and become pimples someday.

I had hundreds of whiteheads under the surface that people cannot see it. But when I cleanse my face, I feel like every single of my pores are filled with those junk.

When I see 3 pimples rising clogged pores, I see doctors and ask for a cure that does not harm my skin. I don't mind a time consuming solution, as long as it do not make me inflamed.

However, up to now, i find there are only 2 options for it:

1. Waiting for it getting inflamed one by one. Doctors give me BP & Clindamycin treatment to treat it. That's all. You never get "Very bad/severe status" at one time, but you are never clear. Moreover, it continuously grow if you keep your make up & skincare routine.

2. Extract it. You will come to very bad/severe time (just like me) while you cannot use any make up. Skincare just very simple & mild. However, it can heal in some weeks after all the whiteheads out of their shelter under my skin.

After struggling with Option 1 for 1 month, I go option 2 with the help of Glycolic Acid & tretinion. All my face sucks, very red and irritated.

Well, I have to say I'm still very depressed with my skin now after 3 weeks with option 2, but some part of my face already healed is perfect. No matter light is, my skin is completely clear, just like it used to be. And the good news is when I cleanse my face, I feel my skin again, not the clogged junk anymore.

MemberMember
(@green-gables)

Posted : 01/17/2013 11:55 am

Thank you for the advice. I think I will just post-pone this appointment. In fear of making things worse by forcing something that may not want to come out yet, the last thing I want is to traumatize my skin. They really aren't that bad, but still annoying. I think I'll just wait it out, keep exfoliating, and hope they just come up to the surface or disappear. Has these peels worked for you or are these just general methods that work?

Consistent use of 10% salicylic acid every other day for about a month improved my clogged pores significantly. I suggest the 20% BHA or 40% lactic peels because they work a little faster.

MemberMember
(@reyrey)

Posted : 01/17/2013 2:22 pm

Consistent use of 10% salicylic acid every other day for about a month improved my clogged pores significantly. I suggest the 20% BHA or 40% lactic peels because they work a little faster.

Thank you for this, where would I go about buying these? Drugstore, online?

I was in the same shoes. It started in November and it is called clogged pores, normally caused by make up/skin care. But the bad news is leaving clogged pores there for long, they will turn to be inflamed and become pimples someday.

I had hundreds of whiteheads under the surface that people cannot see it. But when I cleanse my face, I feel like every single of my pores are filled with those junk.

When I see 3 pimples rising clogged pores, I see doctors and ask for a cure that does not harm my skin. I don't mind a time consuming solution, as long as it do not make me inflamed.

However, up to now, i find there are only 2 options for it:

1. Waiting for it getting inflamed one by one. Doctors give me BP & Clindamycin treatment to treat it. That's all. You never get "Very bad/severe status" at one time, but you are never clear. Moreover, it continuously grow if you keep your make up & skincare routine.

2. Extract it. You will come to very bad/severe time (just like me) while you cannot use any make up. Skincare just very simple & mild. However, it can heal in some weeks after all the whiteheads out of their shelter under my skin.

After struggling with Option 1 for 1 month, I go option 2 with the help of Glycolic Acid & tretinion. All my face sucks, very red and irritated.

Well, I have to say I'm still very depressed with my skin now after 3 weeks with option 2, but some part of my face already healed is perfect. No matter light is, my skin is completely clear, just like it used to be. And the good news is when I cleanse my face, I feel my skin again, not the clogged junk anymore.

Thanks for the info. I've tried extracting these little suckers myself and they usually come out, I keep thinking they'll just go away by themselves since I really hate squeezing these out because they require quite the pressure, not to mention the paranoia of causing more harm than good.

MemberMember
(@austra)

Posted : 02/08/2013 12:52 pm

Extractions is generally just some aesthetician with a 2 year beauty school license going at your face with a metal loop. Don't expect miracles. If your bumps are under the skin they couldn't get at them without seriously harming your face.

I would get some 20% salicylic acid or 40% lactic acid peels instead.

I think I need to try some peels, too! I've been trying to use DY 5% salicylic acid (except it dried my skin up completely to a crusty mess) and 2% PC BHA for a month or two, and it doesn't seem to be helping my bumps enough.

Which would be better, salicylic acid peel or a lactic acid peel? Where should I look for more information or instructions before trying them? Is there much down time or risks? Thank you.

I seem to be quoting you a lot today, heh. :)

MemberMember
(@kelseylee)

Posted : 03/22/2013 2:52 pm

don't do extractions...they just cover up the problem instead of dealing with it--the pores will fill right back up if you are unlucky. there's a chance they could be gone for good, but a lot of estheticians don't believe in extractions cuz they're hard on the pore. I had a really good esthetician cause a scar on my forehead from attacking a pimple after I asked her to go really really easy on the extractions. she did the opposite. things like african black soap and jojoba oil (google them and type in acne or search this site) are things that can unclog your pores naturally. I didn't believe it was possible and extracted my own pores or got facials for years, but it works 10x better than extractions which can be damaging, and ineffective. if you use the right products, your skin will literally extract those pores on its own, meaning it will purge them naturally out of your face or they will just naturally flatten out and disappear. esp since you have mild acne and tiny bumps, i think this would work really well for you. extractions are also mega expensive whereas african black soap is $4 (miracle product). plus, when the skin extracts the gunk "naturally" instead of being forced out, the pore closes right up without being enlarged and does not refill, and I had moderate acne and bumps/clogged pores EVERYWHERE.

MemberMember
(@a-p)

Posted : 03/25/2013 12:18 pm

Closed comedones or blocked pores from heavy makeup may be what you're dealing with.

http://www.eliminateyouracne.com/acne-cosmetica-is-your-makeup-causing-your-acne/

Salicylic acid and a antibacterial/anti fungal topical is the best for getting rid of this kind of acne. I like the bha sulfur combo personally.

This is a very stubborn type of acne and sometimes takes a month or two to see noticible results from topical treatment. An initial breakout can happen when using a bha on non inflamed acne.

MemberMember
(@lifeinfaith)

Posted : 05/03/2013 4:11 pm

I had a dermasweep done by an aesthetician at my derms office yesterday. This is basically a microderm plus putting salicylic acid on my skin after. Then she steamed my face and did a few extractions. I think the microderm was fine, my face felt smoother (in the areas I dont have clogged pores) after and there was no redness or down time like a chemical peel sometimes. HoweverI dont really feel like it did a whole lot for the clogged pores. AND she kind of sucked at doing extractions. She only did like a handful of them, she would lance each and then use the comodo extractornothing really got swollen or irritatedbut later that evening when I was looking at the spots she extracted they all seemed to still look like clogged pores and so I squeezed them all and got stuff out of each and every one, one she had especially worked on for a while, squeezed a ton of stuff out when I barely touched it.so I am like, what gives, I paid her a ton of money to do unsuccessful extractions that I had to come home and finish myself (which I absolutely hate and it sends me into an anxiety attack most of the time L). The only real improvement I see on my clogged pores are that a few of them maybe look slightly slightly closer to the surface..and this morning I had a couple of tiny white heads that came off in the shower. Does anyone have experiences with microderm or know if there will be more delayed effects in a few days? Also, how do you guys find an aesthetician that does good extractions?? I feel like I cant find any. I had one done 4 months ago when I had a sal peel done at a medical spa and basically the exact same thing happened...she failed to extract anything. I feel like extractions are more successful without using the little extraction tool. She also made the comment when she was doing them that all your clogged pores are under the skin instead of right at the surface that come off easily. If they came off easily I think I would have taken care of them myself and not be going crazy overalso isnt that one of the definitions of being a closed comodone, being under the skin?