Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hello,

In the past I took spiro. orally (150mg.) with great success for my hormonal acne! It is the only thing that has worked for me in the past two years, since the onset of my adult acne. HOWEVER, I had terrible migraines with it, and a period every 7-8 days. I kept thinking if I stayed on it long enough, my body would adjust, but I finally quit altogether, thinking having a period so often couldn't be good for me, especially if I am releasing an egg each cycle. This could be making me more feritile, not to mention I am 31, and do not like to think of my eggs going twice as fast as normal!!! I want to have children someday!!!!

Which leads to my next point.....I do cannot take Birth control with it, or at all for other reasons.....but here is my question....

I have read about topical Spiro. but I am having a REALLY hard time finding it. I know they sell it in Minoxodil, and other hiarloss formulas, but I want the pure Spiro. I have found it in a 5% form and a 2% form(the 2% is what I want because the solution is non-comedogenic), but it requires a prescription. Does anyone know where I can purchase this without prescription? Or if I can make it on my own??? Does anyone have PERSON EXPERIENCE WITH MAKING IT THEMSELVES? I may have to try to make it on my own...I am desperate here!!! It truly is the best thing I have tried to literally clear my of acne...

Thank you to anyone who can assist!!!

Hello,

In the past I took spiro. orally (150mg.) with great success for my hormonal acne!  It is the only thing that has worked for me in the past two years, since the onset of my adult acne.  HOWEVER, I had terrible migraines with it, and a period every 7-8 days.  I kept thinking if I stayed on it long enough, my body would adjust, but I finally quit altogether, thinking having a period so often couldn't be good for me, especially if I am releasing an egg each cycle.  This could be making me more feritile, not to mention I am 31, and do not like to think of my eggs going twice as fast as normal!!!  I want to have children someday!!!!

Which leads to my next point.....I do cannot take Birth control with it, or at all for other reasons.....but here is my question....

I have read about topical Spiro.  but I am having a REALLY hard time finding it.  I know they sell it in Minoxodil, and other hiarloss formulas, but I want the pure Spiro.  I have found it in a 5% form and a 2% form(the 2% is what I want because the solution is non-comedogenic), but it requires a prescription.  Does anyone know where I can purchase this without prescription?  Or if I can make it on my own???  Does anyone have PERSON EXPERIENCE WITH MAKING IT THEMSELVES?  I may have to try to make it on my own...I am desperate here!!!  It truly is the best thing I have tried to literally clear my of acne...

Thank you to anyone who can assist!!!

im very interested too..........im a male and i believe my acne is caused by hormonal changes.....stress, anger, etc........

obviously i can't take the oral pill, so a possible topical would be great.......how does it balance out your hormones though when it is only applied on the skin?

I is hard to find topical spiro, but you could order some tablets from an online pharmacy and pulverize them to make your own. I order my spiro (which I take orally) from an online pharmacy, but when I have mentioned the website in the past my posts have gotten deleted. I would try pulverizing it and then mixing it with something like pure aloe...that might work, but i'm sure there is a better recipe possibly online. YOu may want to look that up to see if you could find a better suggestion on what might be more effective to mix with it.

Sasha,

Have you found a good way to get topical SPIRONOLACTONE? Is the one from the hairsite working for you? I would like to start on it too.

I know some pharmacy will compound for you. It's a bit of a hassle.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Take care,

by

Im interested in topical spiro too, so i'd like to hear from anyone with experience.

I know from hairloss websites that it competes very well with DHT (a form of testosterone, which causes hair loss) for the androgen receptor, so that shows that it is an effective anti-androgen, so hopefully would work great for people with hormonal acne.

Its been used for a long while by many people as an aid in preventing/slowing down hair loss, im just curious about using it for acne...

Any comments would be welcome