Notifications
Clear all

Best/worst Skin Time In Your Life?

MemberMember
(@someclearday)

Posted : 01/15/2013 1:03 pm

What was one time frame, could be a year or just a couple of days when your skin was it's best or worst? How different did it make you feel? What did you do while you "had the chance"?

My worst- 2009 was awful. I don't know where it came from but I had broken out so bad. On my transcripts it's the only semester I failed completely. I felt so low and all I wanted was to hide out in my house and pick my skin. I had no motivation and my relationships suffered greatly.

My best- usually when I first start a medication. I first started Retin-A in 2008 my skin had a brief few months of being good before the 2009 occurrence. Then I started Spiro around 2010 and had an amazing 2-3 years of great skin. I was doing so much better in school and my confidence level was amazing. It really was day and night.

MemberMember
(@pianina)

Posted : 01/15/2013 2:05 pm

2009 January - July (a consequence of under-eating for modelling job, high stress, loneliness). Antibiotics, Diane, BP. Cleared up perfectly, though leaving dark purple marks and deep scars...

2010 November - 2011 April (under-eating, stress, tanning) . Diane and Spiro, BP. Cleared up very well, but my heart started overbeating

2011 August - 2012 June (stress...). Antibiotics, Skinoren, Duac, Epiduo (adapalen + bp). Nothing worked, my derm suggested me taking Accutane, but I refused. I stopped using any medications. Acne got milder (!).

Now it's quite ok, moderate I guess. Drinking green tea (up to 7-8 cups per day) helped me a lot lately. I also use a Cell Fusion C B-glucan cream which made my skin look lighter, scars got more shallow.

MemberMember
(@ellie93)

Posted : 01/15/2013 2:39 pm

Worst was when I was 17-18 (2010/11) when my face was covered in cysts for about a year. I'd had acne before but never as severe and just hated even leaving my bedroom. Horrible time.

My best skin was end of 2011 after I finished roaccutane and my skin was clear for about 3 months! It felt so amazing! Until the acne started coming back, although thankfully not as bad as before!

At the minute i'd say my acne was moderate but have been using The Regimen for a couple of weeks and starting to see a little improvement so fingers crossed! :)

MemberMember
(@kyou)

Posted : 01/15/2013 3:08 pm

2010-2013 worst. Its always going to suck :I

MemberMember
(@someclearday)

Posted : 01/16/2013 11:11 am

I still can't believe that I started breaking out at 13 and I STILL am at 26

MemberMember
(@bmariewantsnoacne)

Posted : 01/16/2013 11:36 am

I always thought I had bad acne, but really I just had a few pimples at a time. In September of 2012, it all changed. I started getting very red, painful, scarring pimples all over my cheeks. My best would be last summer because I worked at a summer camp and had no time to focus on my skin... it was clear though, which I loved.

MemberMember
(@dqn217)

Posted : 01/16/2013 12:02 pm

My worse is definately 3 month ago until now and ongoing =(. I used to just have mild acne and then occational pimple on my nose which sucked pretty bad. But recently ive been getting huge breakouts with cysts on my cheeks, Zits all over my jawline the whole shebang. Worse part is i am asian and they all leave really bad hyperpigmentation without fail! Dealing with the hyperpigmentation sucks even worse because it doesnt seem to ever go away =(. What makes this all way worse is my best most clear time was actually directly before my worse time. 4 months ago I finally had clear skin, even the hyperpigmentation seemed to had faded greatly, Got my hopes up soo high and then crashed them down so hard.

MemberMember
(@pianina)

Posted : 01/16/2013 12:07 pm

Bad acne made me appreciate those times when I used to have just few occasional pimples (and was still whining about it). Now nothing really scares me, I went through that and survived so it means I can go through that again. The thought of my cystic acne comming back doesn't bother me. Anyone feels similarly?

MemberMember
(@sndr)

Posted : 01/16/2013 8:03 pm

When I was 16 to present time, I had battles with acne, and am currently battling a few rolling scars. So in other words, staying at home all the time.

I don't go on vacation any more, I don't work as much as I used to, etc.

When I was 14-15, I was full of life and joy.

I would look outside at the green grass and see beauty.

Now, when I look outside at that same green grass, all I see is darkness and sadness.

Some days (like today) are worse for me, and some days aren't that bad at all... but what I can tell you all is that no matter what it is that holds you back from living life, no one should tell you that you're stupid or silly for thinking that way... because in most of our cases, we literally cannot control that part of our thinking and the only way to fix it, is to help the situation. People can say what they want about how your problems aren't real problems, yadda yadda yadda. If it makes you want to stay home alone, secluded from the world, then it's a problem that needs fixing.

MemberMember
(@binga)

Posted : 01/17/2013 10:16 am

2005 - 2006. When I came to the US and started eating junk food, pizza, cola from the dining halls every day. My blood sugar jumped to 240. Its more manageable/clear since then through dietary changes.

MemberMember
(@clarence-c)

Posted : 01/18/2013 11:19 am

2009-2010 while i'm serving my national service (which is compulsory for all Singapore male when they reached upon 18), had the worst break-out due to lack of sleep.

Feel really sad when you look yourself in the mirror and asking yourself why you have to go through all this?

MemberMember
(@graciemeow)

Posted : 01/18/2013 5:01 pm

my worst... when I started breaking out a year after my first accutane course. Even though I had probably suffered more with my skin in the past, this is what made me feel the worst as I had started to actually forget what having bad skin was like, and when it returned my whole self esteem and confidence plummeted. my best, after my first course of accutane. I was like a completley different person

MemberMember
(@jennaaaay)

Posted : 01/19/2013 12:46 am

While on Ortho Tri Cyclen Lo ! I have just recovered from this stuff from last summer. I guess I broke out like a motha trucka because I missed a pill. At least that's what I remember. Now it's under control...but now I get to miss another pill because my refills are not in and I need it on Sunday but thee office is closed until Monday. Oh geezers. eusa_wall.gifangry.pngermm.gif (pardon my ventbanana.gif )

MemberMember
(@ghostunit)

Posted : 01/19/2013 1:10 am

I think my worse was when I stopped applying BP on my skin which was last year, around Feb . My forehead was at its worse... and so my cheek. I also had a bunch of tiny bumps around mouth. All this lasted a few months. Now it is calmed.. I am dealing with acne scars now. I no longer have active pimples. Since I started using Jojoba oil, my skin is very smooth.

I think it was worth it 'cause BP is bad for you and I didn't want chemicals on my skin,so yeah. I am into all natural and cruelty-free products now. I'm currently using MSM lotion, jojoba oil, and aloe vera fresh.

MemberMember
(@user174136)

Posted : 01/19/2013 6:44 am

I had perfect skin up until the age of 18. I think my worst skin time was when I was 18 and getting small cysts on my chin and whiteheads all over my cheeks and next to my eyebrows. Now is probably my best skin time since I developed the acne - just red marks, no actives.

MemberMember
(@sum1killme)

Posted : 01/19/2013 4:12 pm

Best- day I was born

Worst- past 8 years

Now- face looks like I have been Beatin with a cheese grinder.

MemberMember
(@someclearday)

Posted : 01/20/2013 11:49 am

This breakout I just woke up wit makes me miss my clear skin time even more.

MemberMember
(@makethatchange)

Posted : 01/20/2013 1:51 pm

I've had problems since I was 12 but my worst was from Summer 2006 to Summer 2007. My best skin time was while I was on accutane and when I was a child :/

Now my skin is just meh. It's ok though...I just wish I didn't have pitted scars :(

MemberMember
(@davidphillip)

Posted : 01/24/2013 6:14 pm

Best - 2007 when I was like 14 in Hawaii.. had a great tan, lovely skin complexion.

Worst - 2011 Awful, just awful. all over my jawline/cheeks.

Now - Just have red marks over me face..using aloe vera gel.