Notifications
Clear all

Acne Marks And Active Spots

MemberMember
(@kyou)

Posted : 01/15/2013 11:48 am

Hi everyone! Im Kyou 13 years old, im from England and I just made an accout c:

Anyways I wanted to just give u a little background info.

So it was October 2010 and I had just returned from a vaction from india. Few months later i got a few spots. Nothin major.

So my big sis (who at the time was 10) already had acne. I was so scared from looking at her face. I didn't want to end up like that

so what i did was i started washing my face more. Then 1 year later BOOM. Acne all over my back and face. Dealing with this sh** for 3 years :I Life sucks

Anywho these past 3 years have been soooo bad. Currently my acne mostly consists of marks with about 9 active pimples.

Here is what I eat:

Get to school snack: crips any type monster munch, pombears e.t.c and choclate biscuit

back home green tea or mabye some rich with curd

I'm not sure if what i eat is causing this but yea..

Right now i have been takin an antibiotic for a few weeks now no difference rlly (i'd say i have moderate acne) and in the morning i apply duac once daily gel at night i put differin.

Currently i want to stop this and just look for natural remedies so can anyone suggest some to me.

Let me tell u what i've tried

Lemon/lime

sandalwood with rose water

turmeric

steam

icecube

tomato

potato

So pls help me.

MemberMember
(@italiangeek)

Posted : 01/15/2013 2:00 pm

heyy, welcome

with the antibiotics I'd give them a bit longer to start to work. I know its annoying but they do take their time

Also, look at what you're eating. Stuff like monster munch may be making your skin worse because they're fatty. I wouldn't say this was the main cause but probably doesn't help.

We all know how you feel, my acne started when I was 14. you're ahead of alot of people because you're helping yourself get clear. I didn't look into getting my acne clear for years because I was being told it would clear up naturally (which in alot of cases it does) but can be helped alot sooner with the right treatment.

If you post photos, people will be able to advice better :)

MemberMember
(@naturald)

Posted : 02/14/2013 5:16 am

Acne is a hormonal issue for most people. To beat acne you need to get to the root of the problem and balance your hormones.

Would change soya milk for oat milk. Not going to affect your spots much but soya milk will increase your estrogen levels (female hormones), which no man wants haha.

What is blue milk, do you mean full fat milk? Would cut that out straight way, dairy products are full of hormones. Healthy hot chocolate= cocoa powder, oat milk and fructose (to sweeten). You can buy fructose from tesco etc, its in a green bag and is low gi (no sugar spike). Tatses great and best of all no spots.

You may like to change the hob nob for a natures valley granola bar, not perfect as it has a small amount of sugar but a whole lot better then eating hob nobs and also tastes good.

A good snack to replace your get to school snack would be: a piece of fruit & a handful of nuts, oat cakes with almond butter, dark chocolate & handfull of seeds.

In general most meals and even snacks you need a combination of protein, good carbs and good fats for sustained energy that wont give you sugar spikes as sugar spikes=messy hormones.

For now these changes will help you and it may be enough to clear your skin. Like italiangeek suggested carry on with the antibiotics and give them time. You can make diet changes straight away.

Keep your skin regime simple, cleanse and moisturise 1-2 times a day and deep cleanse once a week.

I use this cleanser and love it: http://www.purelynaturalskin.co.uk/shop/acne-cleanser/

I am yet to find a moisturiser that is 100% natural and amazing. For you moisturiser just make sure it is non-comedogenic (will not clog your pores).