Notifications
Clear all

My Tretinoin Journey

MemberMember
(@ashleycronin85yahoo-co-nz)

Posted : 01/15/2013 4:25 am

So basically I used to be the girl with the perfect skin until I started getting breakouts on my chin. Now that I look back it wasn't that bad but me being me, I freaked out and started treating my face with all sorts of acne treatments. BIG MISTAKE! I started using a Neutrogena wash with salicylic acid and that really upset my face. Now my chin is much worse and I have red tiny bumps all over my forehead. It started to really bug me when I would talk to people and see there eyes drifting up to my forehead which makes me feel so bad, its so disgusting. Anyway last week I went to the doc and got a prescription for doxycycline and tretinoin 0.05% cream. I didn't even think I would get a prescription but the seem very easy to get in New Zealand, doc offered me isotretinoin first and my acne is not servere. I really hope it works for me. I am heading to university next month and want to start it off with clear skin

WEEK ONE

To be honest my skin doesn't really look that different. A tiny bit dryer but nothing major. the texture is different, the places where I placed the cream have small and I mean really small bumps all over. I am also going to start using cetaphil as I believe the majority of my acne has been caused by being too harsh on my skin.

MemberMember

Posted : 01/20/2013 5:12 pm

WEEK 2

This review probably isn't that helpful to anyone because this cream literally has done nothing so far. I was expecting my skin to get dry and maybe an initial breakout, but so far my skin just looks the same as it always was. How long is it meant to take before I see any sort of change, good or bad?

I started using cetaphil and it is soooo good! It makes my skin so smooth after I use it and doesn't feel too harsh on my skin so I can use it and not moisturise.

Hopefully this time next week I will have some results to share

MemberMember

Posted : 01/27/2013 6:35 pm

WEEK 3

I think my skin is very slowly beginning to improve. My chin is much better now, and the scars are starting to fade. I havnt got any more deep painful pimples on my chin just really minor ones. My forehead is still covered in tiny little bumps still, but they seem to be going down

MemberMember

Posted : 02/06/2013 4:00 am

WEEK 4

I'm so fed up of this stuff. it doesn't even feel like it does anything. My skin has only very slightly improved over the last month. I haven't had any dryness or anything. the only thing im really noticing is a reduction in the visibility of my scars. How much longer do I have to wait to see some good results?? I have finished my doxycycline so it will be interesting to see how things go now im not taking that. Has anyone else had a similar experience where this cream does nothing good or bad... this is sooo frustrating

MemberMember
(@leelowe1)

Posted : 02/06/2013 8:06 pm

Ho, FYI the cream can be comodogenic meaning it has an ingredient or ingredients that can clog your pores. This is not a guaranteed thing but on your next derm visit you may want to ask for the gel. Also, you have to set your timeframe to at LEAST 3 months to BEGIN to see some consistent improvement. You'll drive yourselves nuts if you expect improvement to be linear from week to week. Remember it can take at least 6 weeks for a pimple to begin forming so you might have pimples that need to come up that are still in their baby stage

Stay Strong

I was on retin A and differin and it did clear those tiny red bumps on my forhead but did nothing for my chin acne but you may have better results.