Notifications
Clear all

Need Help Asap Pics Included

MemberMember
(@j0sephine)

Posted : 01/14/2013 10:42 pm

can someone please tell me why my skin is so red? is it rosacea? scars? i am seeking help as soon as possible. i hate my skin. i hate my face.

post-191792-0-25277700-1358221314_thumb.

post-191792-0-21916600-1358221339_thumb.

post-191792-0-67799400-1358221362_thumb.

post-191792-0-25277700-1358221314_thumb.

post-191792-0-21916600-1358221339_thumb.

post-191792-0-67799400-1358221362_thumb.

MemberMember
(@eevie89)

Posted : 01/15/2013 10:20 am

What products are you currently using on your face?

MemberMember
(@armadillo)

Posted : 01/15/2013 3:35 pm

It looks like you have a lot of scarring. Not rosacea.

What products are you using at the moment? They might be making scarring worse.

MemberMember
(@j0sephine)

Posted : 01/15/2013 7:18 pm

What products are you currently using on your face?

It looks like you have a lot of scarring. Not rosacea.

What products are you using at the moment? They might be making scarring worse.

in the mornings, i am just splashing my face with water then apply cetaphil moisturizer afterwards w/ spft 15.

at night, i just the cetaphil oily skin cleanser and then cetaphil moisturizers afterwards. then i put on my prescribed acne tropical medication "clinda2%,HCI1% in Stieva-A0.01%/Cetaphil cr 50/50"

my friends told me to just splash water in the mornings so i have less irritation. my skin is extremely sensitive also.

MemberMember
(@green-gables)

Posted : 01/15/2013 7:24 pm

Have you googled melasma?

MemberMember
(@j0sephine)

Posted : 01/16/2013 1:00 am

Have you googled melasma?

i just googled it and my skin doesn't look like it!

here's another picture: http://www.acne.org/messageboard/index.php/topic/324925-what-is-this-pic/

MemberMember
(@armadillo)

Posted : 01/16/2013 4:19 pm

Ok, so assuming 'clinda' is clindamycin, and 'stieva-a' is tretinoin [is this correct?] the stieve-a cream might be the reason why you have so much redness and discolouration. Unfortunately retinoids can cause both. I don't think that the clindamycin cream you're using could have these side effects and neither the cleanser or moisturiser.

If you have sensitive skin, retinoid containing products are not an ideal type of treatment. Try reducing the number of applications to once every other day to see if your skin improves. If it doesn't, I would go back to your dermatologist and tell him/her that treatment is not working/causing too much irritation.

However unlikely, it's possible that you're using too much of the stieva-a. You should only apply a very thin layer that absorbs within a minute, if it doesn't, you've used too much and should wipe the excess off.

How long have you been on this regimen?

MemberMember
(@j0sephine)

Posted : 01/16/2013 9:04 pm

Ok, so assuming 'clinda' is clindamycin, and 'stieva-a' is tretinoin [is this correct?] the stieve-a cream might be the reason why you have so much redness and discolouration. Unfortunately retinoids can cause both. I don't think that the clindamycin cream you're using could have these side effects and neither the cleanser or moisturiser.

If you have sensitive skin, retinoid containing products are not an ideal type of treatment. Try reducing the number of applications to once every other day to see if your skin improves. If it doesn't, I would go back to your dermatologist and tell him/her that treatment is not working/causing too much irritation.

However unlikely, it's possible that you're using too much of the stieva-a. You should only apply a very thin layer that absorbs within a minute, if it doesn't, you've used too much and should wipe the excess off.

i actually do not know what the cream is called.. that's what it said on the label. i've been on this regimen ever since i stopped my antibiotics "minocycline". my skin went from bad to amazing within those 4 months and after i stopped my pills, my acne was a lot more controlled but i would still get flare ups. i will consider your advice on putting less cream on because i put a lot because i think that if i put more, it'll heal faster. when i got a few pimples last year, i went to a dermatologist that DID NOT KNOW WHAT HE WAS DOING. he gave me a cleanser that was way too harsh on my sensitive skin and it burnt. i kinda think that's why my skin is so red now. also he gave me benzyl peroxide which didn't help my with my acne at all. those upcoming 3 months were the worse.. i kept breaking out and breaking out until i went to him again. he told me to keep with this regimen and i did not want to. i didn't see any improvement and it made my acne worse. that's why i went on minocycline! i give up on dermatologists.. i am terrified of them because i don't want that to happen again.

MemberMember
(@armadillo)

Posted : 01/17/2013 12:49 pm

i actually do not know what the cream is called.. that's what it said on the label. i've been on this regimen ever since i stopped my antibiotics "minocycline". my skin went from bad to amazing within those 4 months and after i stopped my pills, my acne was a lot more controlled but i would still get flare ups. i will consider your advice on putting less cream on because i put a lot because i think that if i put more, it'll heal faster. when i got a few pimples last year, i went to a dermatologist that DID NOT KNOW WHAT HE WAS DOING. he gave me a cleanser that was way too harsh on my sensitive skin and it burnt. i kinda think that's why my skin is so red now. also he gave me benzyl peroxide which didn't help my with my acne at all. those upcoming 3 months were the worse.. i kept breaking out and breaking out until i went to him again. he told me to keep with this regimen and i did not want to. i didn't see any improvement and it made my acne worse. that's why i went on minocycline! i give up on dermatologists.. i am terrified of them because i don't want that to happen again.

Yeah, putting more cream on won't make your acne heal faster, it's a common mistake people make. Is there any way you can see the original dermatologist who put you on minocycline? In the meantime, I would just stop using the stieva-a altogether if there's no improvement from using less and applying less frequently. It sounds like you were better off on antibiotics, and since clindamycin is an antibiotic I would continue using it.

MemberMember
(@j0sephine)

Posted : 01/17/2013 7:22 pm

Yeah, putting more cream on won't make your acne heal faster, it's a common mistake people make. Is there any way you can see the original dermatologist who put you on minocycline? In the meantime, I would just stop using the stieva-a altogether if there's no improvement from using less and applying less frequently. It sounds like you were better off on antibiotics, and since clindamycin is an antibiotic I would continue using it.

i'm a little worried about going on antibiotics again. there are so many negative effects which i googled about... but yes i will use less cream and see how it is. do you know anything about laser treatments for the scars? like is it worth it? cause i'm still pretty young. but i don't know if it will heal by itself in a few years.

MemberMember
(@armadillo)

Posted : 01/18/2013 9:29 am

i'm a little worried about going on antibiotics again. there are so many negative effects which i googled about... but yes i will use less cream and see how it is. do you know anything about laser treatments for the scars? like is it worth it? cause i'm still pretty young. but i don't know if it will heal by itself in a few years.

If you didn't have bad side effects the last time you were on antibiotics, I wouldn't worry. You can always take probiotics to protect the good bacteria in your stomach at the same time you take your antibiotics.

I don't know a lot about laser treatment as I don't have any noticable scarring and never considered it. I think it's worth to wait until your acne is entirely gone to assess how much scarring you are left with. Chemical exfoliants can help a lot though, such as glycolic acid. You could consider a chemical peel once once your acne is under control and is less inflamed.