Notifications
Clear all

Need Real Answers About Peeling

MemberMember
(@killakne)

Posted : 01/14/2013 5:11 pm

So I have red marks. I guess they have been there for 9 tough months. I have tried a number of things including benzoyl perioxide, epidou, tea tree oil, vinegar, lemon, oregano oil, A LOT of natural remedies and many other things I can't remember. And of course diet, no milk, no sugar, living raw, doing differents fasts etc. I have also paid for some expensive light treatment to reduce the redness which after two treatments I've already named as scam. I have gotton the idea that peeling might be the only solution - Simply just tearing the red marks of my face since nothing else has shown any results. I just bought salicylic acid 20 percent and I tried it two days ago. Well it burned for one minute and after that I felt nothing for the next 10 minutes until I washed it off. I'll wait a couple of days before I judge the results actually I thought my skin would start to peel off. I have a couple of questions for some of the more experienced acne and red marks suffers regarding peeling. I want to know which type of peeling I would be better off with. AHA, BHA, TCA etc.....

My profile:

* Little active acne (starts under the skin but becomes a whitehead after a week)

* Plenty of red marks only on cheeks (They heal within a week on other parts of my face)

* NON sensitive skin - I can go extreme ways and I'm intending to.

Which form of peeling suits my profile the best? People around the internet doesn't seem to know the difference between different peels (aha, bha, tca) and what they will perform. Need advice people and quick :)

MemberMember
(@a-p)

Posted : 01/15/2013 1:36 am

So I have red marks. I guess they have been there for 9 tough months. I have tried a number of things including benzoyl perioxide, epidou, tea tree oil, vinegar, lemon, oregano oil, A LOT of natural remedies and many other things I can't remember. And of course diet, no milk, no sugar, living raw, doing differents fasts etc. I have also paid for some expensive light treatment to reduce the redness which after two treatments I've already named as scam. I have gotton the idea that peeling might be the only solution - Simply just tearing the red marks of my face since nothing else has shown any results. I just bought salicylic acid 20 percent and I tried it two days ago. Well it burned for one minute and after that I felt nothing for the next 10 minutes until I washed it off. I'll wait a couple of days before I judge the results actually I thought my skin would start to peel off. I have a couple of questions for some of the more experienced acne and red marks suffers regarding peeling. I want to know which type of peeling I would be better off with. AHA, BHA, TCA etc.....

My profile:

* Little active acne (starts under the skin but becomes a whitehead after a week)

* Plenty of red marks only on cheeks (They heal within a week on other parts of my face)

* NON sensitive skin - I can go extreme ways and I'm intending to.

Which form of peeling suits my profile the best? People around the internet doesn't seem to know the difference between different peels (aha, bha, tca) and what they will perform. Need advice people and quick 🙂

Jessner's peel

The Jessner's peel has salicylic , resorcinol, and lactic acid as its active ingredients. It is extremely safe and one ofthe more effective "superficial" peels. I used this peel three times and I like it a lot. I got mine from MUAC. This peel helps with acne and hyper pigmentation.

Another thing that's not a peel but has improved my skin is moroccan red clay masks and lavender essential oil.

If you have anymore questions feel free to ask! 🙂

MemberMember
(@killakne)

Posted : 01/15/2013 6:41 am

Thanks a lot I will look into it.. But I dont have hyperpigmentation. Just red marks which are under quite many layer of skin so I'll need something really strong. I'm not even peeling from Salicylic Acid 20 percent (BHA) ..

MemberMember
(@a-p)

Posted : 01/15/2013 2:10 pm

Thanks a lot I will look into it.. But I dont have hyperpigmentation. Just red marks which are under quite many layer of skin so I'll need something really strong. I'm not even peeling from Salicylic Acid 20 percent (BHA) ..

You're welcome!

Are your red marks under the skin acne? Or are they old dried up pimples? If its either of those the jessner peel should help.

The jessner peel will make your skin peel. It takes about a week to finish peeling. The way I do mine is; apply as many layers as I can in 3 mins and let it set for 10 mins then wash it off with face wash and cool water. I also spot treat pimples with this peel and it works great. I do it the same way I do my whole face but just on one pimple.

It will take a few peels to get better skin. Only do this peel once a month if your doing your whole face. One thing I noticed about this peel is that if you've had severe cystic acne which is what I had, this peel will bring them up to the surface. I guess some of the areas where I have pitted scarring still had a plug or some infection. Well, this peel is bringing that to the surface but, I don't mind as long as it gets rid of it. I think it's the salicylic acid in the peel that's making that happen. Never use this peel on crusted or freshly popped pimples .

There is so much you need to know about chemical peels is exhausting sometimes. It all comes down to the individual receiving the peel. Everyone has different skin and different acne. The more severe your acne is expect it to take longer to clear. If you start right now expect to be pretty much clear if not completely clear by summer.