Notifications
Clear all

How I Feel Everyday

MemberMember
(@hash14)

Posted : 01/14/2013 1:56 pm

Wash my face iin the dark, hate looking in the mirror. Putting on makeup is the most depressing part of my day

MemberMember
(@tracy521)

Posted : 01/14/2013 2:44 pm

ugh i can feel your pain there. i hate trying to even cover my cysts because i feel like it just makes them look like these big flesh colored lumps and to me it stands out even more. my favorite time is at night when i am in my bed with the lights off next to my hubby. i am so embarrased any other time and i know he loves me but i hate letting him see my face when it looks so awful.

MemberMember
(@hash14)

Posted : 01/14/2013 4:21 pm

Totally understand :( I've stopped going out because I don't feel like putting on makeup, I only go out when I really have to but other times I stay at home. I deleted all the pictures of myself without acne coz its just a constant reminder of how bad it looks now. I can't even stand too close to anyone coz I feel they are looking at my acne not even concentrating on what I have to say :( it's so so hard and I've got to the point where I've bad enough of everything :'(

MemberMember
(@tracy521)

Posted : 01/14/2013 4:36 pm

me too i hate trying to cover everything so i haven't been out since thanksgiving weekend. it sucks so bad and i feel like the world is passing me by while i suffer. i just go to work and that's it - ugh! i don't even go to the store anymore. yeah i pretty much cry every single day and i feel like nobody understands me. my mom tries to help but she she doesn't understand that my cysts don't go away unless i get them injected so i basically live my life waiting for my next derm appt. i go there weekly now and i have begun to despise the place. i am taking spiro now but it hasn't started working yet. are you on anything?

MemberMember
(@hash14)

Posted : 01/14/2013 4:46 pm

I can feel your pain for sure :( currently I'm not on anything I'm going to be on quinoderm cream soon and maybe some antibiotics, ill take anything really. I know it must be really hard for you and I know coz it's just as hard for me but the only thing we can do really is to know that there are much bigger things in life then us worrying about our acne, some people suffer so so so bad and end up in depression. I don't know who you are but I can't let you go on that road. Your obviously a great person that your hubby looks past those insecurities, that's love right there.

Go to your GP again and explain how this feeling your having is controlling you and don't leave without something you feel will do some good for you. I've been suffering on and off since I was 12 and I don't remember the last time I took a nice pic of myself or dressed up coz my confidence is so low, but I keep trying to tell myself it may take time but will eventually go away and you have someone's who loves you for you and I'm sure knows how beautiful you are. Nobody is perfect we all have something wrong with us either hidden or there unfortunately our is there and all we can do is say " you know what life is way tooo short for me to be crying about spots on my face" the people that truly matter is what's your loved ones think other people can go to hell to be honest coz im sure they have an ugly heart if they think anything of it! Your beautiful :) (sorry for rambling)

MemberMember
(@tracy521)

Posted : 01/14/2013 4:54 pm

that was such an awesome post. thank you for that! you are such a sweet person. i just came off antibiotics recently because they were no longer working for me but i can honestly tell you that doxy was a god send for me. it gave me almost 2 years of pretty clear skin. mino worked really well for me too. i think that is what is making this all so hard to deal with now is that i was able to have such flawless skin and then bam this just came on suddenly. i hate antibiotics but they do work so you might want to look into taking them just for the short term until you figure something out. you ever thought about accutane? that is my next step since i have tried everything else. ugh i so dont want to be dealing with this anymore ya know?

i love your profile pic by the way. you are very pretty and you have great hair smile.png

MemberMember
(@pianina)

Posted : 01/14/2013 5:02 pm

Hehe, sometimes I wash my face in darkness too smile.png Or choose to not look at myself in the mirror for the whole day. It feels so good not to care about it biggrin.png

When my acne was at it's worst (I was 19 back then), I used to cover my "evil cheek" with my hair, still have many pictures where I'm doing that.

But now it all seems so insignificant... I've spent so much money on my face that I could have traveled to all my dream destinations. Now I've promised myself, that acne will not stop me from living life to the fullest. I canceled my expensive treatments, AHA peelings, laser procedures, supplements and started saving for a trip to Rio de Janeiro instead. I started going out even if it means I'll have to put work on concealing my spots and scars - even those girls that have clear skin use loads of make up anyway.

I wish you good luck girls, there is always hope.Don't forget that it's not acne we need to fight against, it's our overall health we need to fight FOR. Peace smile.png

MemberMember
(@hash14)

Posted : 01/14/2013 5:07 pm

Thankyou so much!!! I used to take mino too and it worked well for me so I'm defo going to let my GP know I have an appointment on Wednesday so ill mention it!! I agree when my skin cleared up I thought finally clear skin!!! So to even harder when it comes back :(. I haven't tried accutane actually thank to God my acne isn't very sever its on my left cheek in just one patch no where else, it's really confusing God knows what's going on...

If accutane is the next step for you I say go for it!! Who caresss what anyone else thinks u get me? Sometimes I look at other people which such bad acne but once they start talking they have a great personality and I automatically look past it! You have a great personality so rock it girl ;)

Pianina- Wowww go for it girl!!! Your absolutely right girls who have decent skin pack it on! It's starts to look worse if we were to pack it on!! Thankyou loads I appreciate your words very sweet. This is my first time on this and I'm so happy wi the response I'm getting from people just like me, we're all in this together girls and I'm sure we'll pull through laughing at this post and think.... Did I really wash my face in the dark when there was a light switch right there LOOOL -_-

MemberMember
(@tracy521)

Posted : 01/15/2013 11:50 am

hello again! thats good that you have an appointment coming up. i hope they give you something that works for you. i hear ya there having this bad acne is just awful especially after being clear for a while. what i hate most are the red marks and scars that it leaves behind. if i had acne and never got the marks it wouldnt upset me so much ya know? i am glad your acne isnt that severe but i can tell you that i had the script about 7 years ago or so and i didnt take it because my acne was mild then. i sure do regret it now because i think i could have avoided a lot of scarring and heartache later on.

my derm keeps saying my acne is hormonal and that the spiro should work but even then i feel like its a crap shoot waiting for it to kick to maybe kick in. so far i see no changes at all which is really getting me down. i dont have months and months for this to work so i would rather just take the darn accutane already but i promised myself at least another month or two so we shall see how that all goes.

you know whats funny is that i hardly ever see anybody with acne when i am out and about. i look at everybody's skin too and i think i have seen only a few people in the last few years. when i do see somebody though my heart goes out to them. i saw a girl at the whole foods who had acne all over her face and she was just so happy and energetic that it made me realize that if she can go out and do things i should be able to as well. she surely wasnt letting it stop her from living her life and i think if you have a great personality than nobody really notices it. thank you for the kind words you seem like such a cool person. i always wish that the people i met on acne.org lived near me because we would all have a blast together and neither one of us would worry about what we looked like. it just so happens all my friends have nice clear skin. ugh!!

i am glad you like the site i have met some of the nicest and coolest people on here. it has helped to keep me sane over the years. take care!

MemberMember
(@hash14)

Posted : 01/15/2013 5:11 pm

Hey Tracey!! Ahh I totally get you, I'm still waiting for my Quinodrm treatment to come and hopefully my GP will put me on mino again even though I HATE taking antibiotics I feel like they fix one things and add another problem in the long run, also I found out even if your on them for a week, it takes up to 2years for them to leave your body! Insane! To be honest I'd still take them if my GP precribes them lol.

Acne scars I know what u mean annoying! It horrid having them and plus leave a they leave a scar, typical -_-hopefully if the scar is a flat redish brown mark its a lot easier to cover with your concealer :) power of makeup eh

Accutane is really a big step so I'd say what your doing is right wait It out for a little while and see if eat your using now will make a difference , if noting works then I'd say go for accutane, soo many success stories on it :)

That's exactly what I do when I go out (when I have to) I just stare at everyone's skin! But like I said e power of makeup is unbelievable th amount of layers of foundation people have can be shocking and under all that there skin is just as bad or even worse! Stay positive and YOU and myself will get through this just one if those hills we hav to face but eventuanlly when's we reach the top of the hill it'll be worth it :)

I see a lot of girls where I work there acne is terrible and I mean terrible but I don't see a ounce of makeup on em yet they are happy and kind people where u just overlook it. The STUPID people that actually care and dare to make a comment in my eyes are pathetic with no heart as if they were Gods gift, we've a lot got some kind of issue.

I went out a few days ago and notices a girl STARING at me as if I was on fire, I immediately thought yep she's staring at my acne and talking to her friends about it, I felt so down and thought why did I even come out...10mins later the same girl came up to me and complemented me on my dress sense and said sorry if she freaked me out by staring! I really thought wow I'm soo scared of people staring at em and making or rube comments when really majority of people don't really care.

Your hubby must tell you everyday that your beautiful and I'm sure if he's sticking with you through it he means it 100% :)

Lets both try to make it a goal tommrow when u wake up instead of like me rushing to the mirror to see if any of my acne is gone, I'm gonna wake up and think I'm glad I'm alive, roof over my head, good clothes and lucky we have a face and arms and legs which unfortunately some poor people in this world don't.

SMILE AND BE HAPPY THE WORLD IS OUT THERE FOR YOU AND YOUR HUBBY TO EXPLORE :)

You'll get through this I know you will and Whenever u feel oh I'm ugly I can't take this no more, stop, and think I'm going through a time in my life where I'm getting treatment and this treatment will help, just gota stick it out it won't be ere forever!!

Take care :)

MemberMember
(@ava110)

Posted : 01/16/2013 1:13 pm

I know Exactly what you mean too!!!

Not wanting to go out because of people noticing acne, not wanting to put on makeup because it just seems to make spots/cysts even more noticeable, not wanting to be in anyone's company !

Longing for the day when my acne goes!

MemberMember
(@sndr)

Posted : 01/16/2013 2:13 pm

I rarely go out too because of it. I work at a salon and women are always hitting on me (especially now with my newly aquired mohawk:P), yet I'm too depressed to flirt back at all. (Oh and I'm not conceited TRUST ME HAHA, I just wanted to put my two cents in.)

MemberMember
(@pianina)

Posted : 01/16/2013 3:41 pm

I rarely go out too because of it. I work at a salon and women are always hitting on me (especially now with my newly aquired mohawk:P), yet I'm too depressed to flirt back at all. (Oh and I'm not conceited TRUST ME HAHA, I just wanted to put my two cents in.)

If they don't care about your acne, why would you? Why don't flirt back, when you see that someone likes you??

MemberMember
(@sndr)

Posted : 01/16/2013 3:48 pm

Well, it's not acne I have, it's a few rolling scars on each cheek. I'm 23 now and ever since I was 15 I've been upset about acne and such. I'm used to feeling bad about my face so when women hit on me, all I say to myself is, "you definitely like me but for some reason I just don't". I guess I care more about what I think about myself than what girls think... weird huh.

MemberMember
(@pianina)

Posted : 01/16/2013 3:56 pm

Sorry if i get it wrong but when a girl comes to you and says: "Hey, I like you, would you like to go out" you'd answer "You like me? But look at my scars, just look at them!! You can't like me" :) Come on :) You're young don't waste these years on closing in yourself... You'll miss out.

To tell you the truth - girls are so obsessed by their own looks that your scars would be the least of their concern. Another thing - girls love with their ears, so it's enough for you to be nice to them and they will fall for you despite your looks (which is obviously only wrong in your head) :))

MemberMember
(@sndr)

Posted : 01/16/2013 4:18 pm

It's more like, Girl: "Hey how are you? How come you weren't in last week? I came to see you. You look really cute with that hair." my response: "Good, just working away. Sorry, I was sick. Thanks." then I smile and change the conversation from flirtation to what the customer wants. Yeah I know all that, and I'm sure most girls that like me don't mind them, but I do. My ex girlfriend was a beautiful Latina, and when I brought up to her about my scars, she said it doesn't look bad and I look good with or without it... yet till this day, I still think they make me look worse than how I really look, and I have tanned skin too so in sunlight, they probably look more prominent :( You're right about it being in my head... and thanks!

MemberMember
(@dkarcha96)

Posted : 01/16/2013 9:03 pm

I feel the need to wear makeup to cover up my acne scars and also to cover up new acne that's coming out or that is already out.

MemberMember
(@thatoneblackchickwithacne)

Posted : 01/16/2013 9:06 pm

I hate to look at myself in the mirror also and think "Ugh, you're ugly" every time I do. I've had acne since I was in the fourth grade and I wish i would've appreciated my skin more and taken better care of it when I was younger because now I seriously regret not doing so. i'mma try going on the regimen but only have a benzoyl peroxide facial WASH at the moment. It cleared up my skin two years ago quite nicely, but I stopped using it. Now I'm also trying to get rid of these unattractive dark scars on my chest, back, cheeks, and forehead.

MemberMember
(@pianina)

Posted : 01/17/2013 6:26 am

I feel the need to wear makeup to cover up my acne scars and also to cover up new acne that's coming out or that is already out.

I think you should let your skin breathe. Maybe you're contaminating it even more? Some weeks without make up is worth for having clearer skin later on.

I felt very insecure when I was going out without makeup and having dark purple spots (I'm also very pale). But I realized that my condition is more important than what some strangers will think.

Other option is to use some mineral makeup, that won't clog your pores :)

MemberMember
(@suko)

Posted : 01/17/2013 6:32 am

Wash my face iin the dark, hate looking in the mirror. Putting on makeup is the most depressing part of my day

Well...what have you done so far to fight acne?

MemberMember
(@hash14)

Posted : 01/17/2013 6:58 am

Well...what have you done so far to fight acne?

Well...I've been prescribed duac today, so ill be starting to use that

I know Exactly what you mean too!!!

Not wanting to go out because of people noticing acne, not wanting to put on makeup because it just seems to make spots/cysts even more noticeable, not wanting to be in anyone's company !

Longing for the day when my acne goes!

I feel we'll I go out people are staring at my acne and putting in makeup to cover it is so time consuming :( but girls with clear skin pack on the makeup so much it looks like they've got worse skin to be honest. I guess it's really about how confident you are inside. I need to get in my head that everyone skin is NOT perfect we all have flaws and some are just more visible then others but NONE of us are perfect :) get prescribed something from your GP antibiotics or gel which would help or calm it down if not keep going without a fight until you find something that you are happy with :) I'm sure your stunning and try to focus on the things you love about yourself your hair, eyes etc and just believe that the acne won't be e forever it'll eventually go you just need to keep fighting it calmly coz stress makes it worse from my experience :)

Hope I helpd someway :)

MemberMember
(@pianina)

Posted : 01/17/2013 7:02 am

Hash14 - what a nice attitude :) I hope that Duac gel will help you, it really helped at my worst times. Keep up the good work! :)

MemberMember
(@suko)

Posted : 01/17/2013 7:05 am

It should be ok once you find the right regimen.

MemberMember
(@hash14)

Posted : 01/17/2013 7:07 am

I hate to look at myself in the mirror also and think "Ugh, you're ugly" every time I do. I've had acne since I was in the fourth grade and I wish i would've appreciated my skin more and taken better care of it when I was younger because now I seriously regret not doing so. i'mma try going on the regimen but only have a benzoyl peroxide facial WASH at the moment. It cleared up my skin two years ago quite nicely, but I stopped using it. Now I'm also trying to get rid of these unattractive dark scars on my chest, back, cheeks, and forehead.

Hey there, trust me I know exactly how you feel ,I've been suffering from acne on and off since I was 12 years old and I've headed all the nasty comments in the book :( right now I've got it again in a patch on my cheek yet it's so red and sore and looks very puss filed so even more hard to cover with makeup :( go for it! Go in the regimen and use your BP if its helped you before sometimes are body's go crazy and just breakout and need abit of treatment and it'll go back to normal :)

I also have a few dark spots in my chest and back but what really helped me was I would fill my bath with warm water and add a either sea salt or lemon juice to it and bathe in it for as long as I can, the sea salt is an exfoliant and will get rid if any scars however shouldn't be used everyday coz it'll dry you out ( think when u go in the ocean how lovely your skin looks after) and lemon has a natural bleaching agent with will remove the scars :) try it once a week

Hope i helped :) stay happy and keep smiling :)

MemberMember
(@pianina)

Posted : 01/17/2013 7:19 am

I can totally relate to that! I didn't care of my skin as a teenager, used some shitty cheap creams and squeezed any whitehead that used to appear. Besides I went to my first casting when I was around 17 and they said I should loose some inches from my hips and waist so I started skipping meals and not get enough of nutrients which made my mild acne get moderate and it went all the way down. How I regret not eating properly and not taking care of my skin early enough... But it's a good lesson though.