Red, Itchy Skin Aft...

Notifications
Clear all

Red, Itchy Skin After 6 Months Of Bp?

MemberMember
(@amcguill)

Posted : 01/13/2013 2:05 pm

Hello!

I've been on the regimen for 6 months now (using acne.org products). It has cleared my skin up amazingly! However, in the past 2 weeks or so it's almost like I've become allergic to BP? If you look through my post history, my first post was about how I thought I might be allergic to BP. Whenever I would use any amount (even a tiny dab), I would wake up to red, puffy and itchy skin...but that went away eventually after I kept using it. Eventually I got to where I thought I could use as much as I wanted to! But, as I said, in the past 2 weeks or so my skin just isn't taking it - dry/flaky, red and itchy the morning after. I don't think I've changed anything recently. It takes at least a couple of days to heal the burn. Any ideas? :(

MemberMember
(@amcguill)

Posted : 02/02/2013 4:00 pm

Any ideas? I stopped using BP after my post and my skin got bad really fast. Acne everywhere and my skin looks just awful now...it used to be so nice. I have been using 1/3 of a pump once per night the past 2 days and now my skin is back to having the slight burned look but I think it's helping with the active acne a little. I think I'll just continue through it...but honestly I am about ready to cry. :(

MemberMember
(@kyle_)

Posted : 02/03/2013 5:21 pm

Hmm, sorry that you're having problems

Try using BP once a night, a small amount of course building your way up, you don't have to use the full amount, just enough to keep you clear.

Use extra moisturiser at night if you don;t already with jojoba oil, just pointing that out if you didn;t already do that!

I also sometimes get more dry skin on different days, even though iv'e been on the regimen for a year and a half.

I think using Bp once a day could defiantly help, at night, during the day just moisturise

MemberMember
(@amcguill)

Posted : 02/26/2013 1:42 am

It's been 3 weeks since my last post and unfortunately my skin isn't where I would have hoped. I'm still breaking out fairly badly (although I don't think as bad as earlier?) and, although I tried to up the dosage of BP slowly (I am at the full 2 pumps 2x daily), I'm still getting somewhat red skin (although, again, better than when I started). The main thing though is that my skin is getting sheets of dead skin that just keep piling up on it! I'm pretty flaky too...

I know this sounds over the top but...I've spent the last couple weeks crying almost every day over my skin and just trying to hide from people. I was just starting to feel confident in myself but this has ruined any confidence I had. I think the burnt/red area on my forehead has even led to a few shallow rolling scars - it's bad enough to have acne now, but I'm terrified of being stuck with scars forever. sad.png Does anyone have any suggestions - maybe I should just keep going? Or stop right now? I'm kind of desperate..my mom won't take me to a dermatologist. Nothing before BP worked.

MemberMember
(@amcguill)

Posted : 03/07/2013 7:11 pm

Update!

In a very short matter of time, my skin has gotten a lot better! The redness is almost all gone and I'm no longer breaking out (a couple small pimples here and there). I'm pretty sure I don't have any scars and that my face was just cut up/bumpy from itching. I'm so thankful that I've stayed with the BP! :) The only thing that's bugging me is peeling and flaking. It can get pretty bad but I'm trying really hard not to scratch my face like crazy. Any tips?

MemberMember
(@nicmic62)

Posted : 03/07/2013 8:12 pm

Update!

In a very short matter of time, my skin has gotten a lot better! The redness is almost all gone and I'm no longer breaking out (a couple small pimples here and there). I'm pretty sure I don't have any scars and that my face was just cut up/bumpy from itching. I'm so thankful that I've stayed with the BP! smile.png The only thing that's bugging me is peeling and flaking. It can get pretty bad but I'm trying really hard not to scratch my face like crazy. Any tips?

Use a lot of jojoba oil!! Also, do you use AHA with the regimen? I found that it has helped with my peeling.