Notifications
Clear all

Spiro Causing Migraines And Headaches?

MemberMember
(@missstarz)

Posted : 01/11/2013 9:17 am

I just started Spiro 50mg on Monday night. I have been getting horrible headaches. I dunno if it is related to the flu bug going around of the Spiro I have been drinking tons of water to make sure I'm hydrated and that doesnt seem to be helping. I already normally suffer from horrible migraines but it is very controlled I take Topamax every day so I almost never get them. Anyone else getting headaches like this on Spiro?? I feel like my head is gonna split in half the past few days..

MemberMember
(@green-gables)

Posted : 01/11/2013 4:15 pm

Have you told your doc you were taking Topamax? Topamax lowers blood pressure. Spiro also lowers blood pressure. Possible that the combination is lowering your blood pressure too much.

MemberMember
(@missstarz)

Posted : 01/12/2013 12:25 pm

Hi Green Gables, Yea I did it was on my list of current medications how ever we didnt discuss it in detail. I am headed to my Gyno on Mon for my annual. He is not my prescribing Dr but I may ask him as well. I'm am going to stop taking it I think for now. I have the worst migraine ever yesterday not even Imitrex fixed it I've been on Vicodin for the pain for 2 days now its the only thing that has helped and I really don't like pain meds. It has been storming a lot here (I get migraines from pressure) but I feel maybe more medicine related since I havent even had a migraine in so long esp this bad, its a shame I was really wanting to give this Spiro a shot. May be on to Accutane next. I hope I don't get the headaches from that too :( Thanks for the reply. I will def discuss in more detail the Topamax w my doc!