Has Anyone Ever Exp...

Notifications
Clear all

Has Anyone Ever Experienced Increasingly Oily Skin From The Regimen?

MemberMember
(@yuniq)

Posted : 01/11/2013 7:15 am

Hi everyone, I've been on the regimen for around 6 months now and it has helped me incredibly in clearing my skin. I experienced the initial reactions like most of you - redness, irritation and flakiness in my first 2 - 3 weeks, however now that my skin is clearer I am getting really really oily skin! My face is so shiny by midday and I'm not sure why... I'm actually contemplating stopping the regimen because it's just so unbearable, looks unclean and just very unpleasant. FYI I am using Benzac AC (2.5%) with cetaphil cleanser and moisturising cream for dry and sensitive skin.

If you have any insights please let me know, it would be greatly appreciated!

MemberMember
(@xxyy)

Posted : 01/13/2013 1:07 pm

Are you sure its not the moisturizer? Cetaphil makes my skin more oily throughout the day, it feels like it sinks in but i feel like my skin pushes it back out of my pores. My skin is oily regardless but it gets oily much quicker with that moisturizer. Keep using it at night but maybe look for something lighter for daytime? or use less/only where you need it.

MemberMember
(@yuniq)

Posted : 01/20/2013 12:53 am

Yeah I thought it might've been so I have changed to a lighter one - Olay for sensitive skin. I've actually just stopped using the benzac and it has helped a little! I've used cetaphil for a very long time, before I started the regime and my skin never got this oily... Thanks for your help anyway!!