Notifications
Clear all

Any Thoughts On Cerave Pm?

MemberMember
(@jlb27)

Posted : 01/10/2013 11:34 am

I have pretty sensitive skin, dry and tight feeling, and acne prone.( and possibly mild rosecea) Ive never had any of these problems before, I did quite a bit of damage to my skin by misusing tretinoin and salcyllic scrub and am left with skin that is a mess. So depressing... My derm reccomended cerave pm lotion. Ive read great reviews but also seems like some people have adverse reactions to it. The derm said some peoples skin cant the niacinamides in it. This could be the thing to really help my skin, but im too afraid to try it!!! Has anyone had any luck with it? Love to hear some reviews. Also wondering if the cerave line really helps restore the acid mantle layer? Also can the acid mantle layer be permanantly damaged? Please Please respond if you ANY info on this! Thanks!

MemberMember
(@random1)

Posted : 01/10/2013 12:22 pm

Am i reading your message right by thinking that your problem isn't so much about the acne but more about the dryness/redness?

MemberMember
(@jlb27)

Posted : 01/10/2013 12:28 pm

Well Im mainly concerned about the acne right now, and the fact that my face feels so tight all time now. Im used to having oily skin, since my mishap with the tretinoin and salcylic acid (been 8 weeks already) my skin has felt really tight. The rosecea hasnt been diagnosed Im just noticing some flushing in my face lately, which isnt normal for me. My main concern now is getting rid of the acne Ive been having lately, and finding a good moisterizer to relieve the tightness I feel in my face. thanks for the reply, any suggestions???

MemberMember
(@whatthekell)

Posted : 01/10/2013 1:59 pm

CeraVe is awesome. I have used the PM version, which I did like. But if you have reallly dry skin, I suggest getting the moisturizing cream that comes in a tub. it's white & blue. This stuff is awesome. What you could also do before trying any moisturizers, is wet your face and apply Vaseline all over. Sounds scary but it actually super hydrates your skin and heals the damage from over dryness. I did this at night time. Sounds like your skin needs to heal. Make sure you drink lots of water and get good sleep too!

MemberMember
(@random1)

Posted : 01/10/2013 2:08 pm

Well Im mainly concerned about the acne right now, and the fact that my face feels so tight all time now. Im used to having oily skin, since my mishap with the tretinoin and salcylic acid (been 8 weeks already) my skin has felt really tight. The rosecea hasnt been diagnosed Im just noticing some flushing in my face lately, which isnt normal for me. My main concern now is getting rid of the acne Ive been having lately, and finding a good moisterizer to relieve the tightness I feel in my face. thanks for the reply, any suggestions???

ohhh okay. Yes tretinoin and SA are retinoids, which make the skin more prone to the suns rays (equals redness) and the dryness is just a natural side effect. Since you say your skin is tight already i wouldn't recommend slabbing on any acne-fighting treatment on just yet. I think first your skin has to repair itself and become moisturized. If you put benzoyl peroxide(for eg) on an already dry skin it will only make your face flaky and irritate the skin( im maybe stating the obvious here).

I personally would:

Start at night I would gently wash the skin with a non-acne fighting cleanser, something basic like Cetaphil. Then I would layer on a "calming" lotion. I have found good results with "Aveeno's w/ natural colloidal oatmeal" or even just go with what the derm said and give the Cerave PM a try (its safe, ive tried it =). Then after the lotion has absorbed, follow up with some 2.5 benzoyl peroxide as only spot treatment.

In the morning I definitely try and lather on somesort of sunscreen. Or else, the UV rays are just going to damage the skins healing process.

Once you feel like your face is more moisturized and flexible(may take a couple days), reverse the process and start adding on the BP first, and then the lotion.

Some overall tips i would suggest are : drink lots of water, lots. If you want, take an Omega-3 supplement since its good oils will give skin a softer feel. Eat raw carrots since the vitamin A is a natural anti-imflammatory agent (help with redness). And be gentle with whatever cleansing/lathering regimen you choose.

If you need any clarifications or questions just shoot

MemberMember
(@green-gables)

Posted : 01/11/2013 4:20 pm

I love the CeraVe PM. I have rosacea skin which is really sensitive and my skin loves that stuff. The niacinamides is what reduces the redness.