Notifications
Clear all

Please Help Me (Pics)

MemberMember
(@cammytammy)

Posted : 01/10/2013 7:31 am

A bit of background.

I have suffered from big spots for about 10 years. I was put on every tablet and cream going by the doctors but nothing controlled it. I then started using PanOxyl BP 2.5% and this stopped it in its tracks. I gained all my conficence back, I went from being a single, lonely, un confident, jobless nothing to managing a company, owning my own place and getting a GF.

That was 6 year ago, and the product has been discontinued now to my utter anger!

Yes you guessed it, the spots i used to tell my GF about, are now all back.

I tried clean and clear with BP 5% and this did nothing, im now trying Benzac 2.5% and im just getting worse. Could anyone please tell me what type of acne i have and what i should use now to try and get rid. All my confidence is going away.

img20130110121341.jpg

img20130110121355.jpg

img20130110121351.jpg

img20130110121419.jpg

What type is this? Obviously not covered like some people have acne. I tend to get 3 or 4 really big painful spots and they last a while.Last time my whole eye closed up cos of the spot. They always come in the same place over and over, i never have them anywhere else.

Could anyone give me advice? Pan Oxyl 2.5% was the only thing that ever stopped them breaking out sad.png

img20130110121407.jpg

MemberMember
(@julisss)

Posted : 01/10/2013 11:04 am

Is Dan's regimen not working for you?

It doesn't look that horrible, btw!

MemberMember
(@kasyani)

Posted : 01/10/2013 2:25 pm

A bit of background.

I have suffered from big spots for about 10 years. I was put on every tablet and cream going by the doctors but nothing controlled it. I then started using PanOxyl BP 2.5% and this stopped it in its tracks. I gained all my conficence back, I went from being a single, lonely, un confident, jobless nothing to managing a company, owning my own place and getting a GF.

That was 6 year ago, and the product has been discontinued now to my utter anger!

Yes you guessed it, the spots i used to tell my GF about, are now all back.

I tried clean and clear with BP 5% and this did nothing, im now trying Benzac 2.5% and im just getting worse. Could anyone please tell me what type of acne i have and what i should use now to try and get rid. All my confidence is going away.

img20130110121341.jpg

img20130110121355.jpg

img20130110121351.jpg

img20130110121419.jpg

What type is this? Obviously not covered like some people have acne. I tend to get 3 or 4 really big painful spots and they last a while.Last time my whole eye closed up cos of the spot. They always come in the same place over and over, i never have them anywhere else.

Could anyone give me advice? Pan Oxyl 2.5% was the only thing that ever stopped them breaking out sad.png

img20130110121407.jpg

I had exactly the same problem from 14 to 24,but only ever the one huge spot,week in week out,looking at your pics mine started off like that but got more feircer,with the pus deep inside.

I have now been virtually clear for 30 years,just one popping up every couple of years,

I found the cause of them by accident after leaving home at 24,fending for myself and strangely enough eating fried foods everyday,I never got them anymore,that is until I visited home one day and ate mums cooking,result a few days later a big spot,although the rest of my face had a clear complexion much like you.

I discovered that my mum used a packet granular mix in sauce(just add boiling water to activate),I now know what products contain these chemicals that are pure poison to me and cause a reaction resulting in my huge spot,

If you think this could be your problem as well,I have helped a few people who have this particular kind of big spot,I can give you more info.

MemberMember
(@cammytammy)

Posted : 01/10/2013 4:12 pm

If I'm honest I eat crap mostly always. In face the 6 year spot free period is where I ate the worst ! My diet hasnt changed and I'm still quite active. It only come back since I stopped using pan oxyl :(

I have not tried dans regimen if I'm honest. I take it the whole idea is to cleanse, put bp 2.5 on then moisturise? I had a read up just and that's the jist I get. I use an oil free cleanser from clean and clear soap free then benzac 2.5% and I'll see how that goes every night.

Just taking ibuprofen to see if it helps the swelling now.

MemberMember
(@kasyani)

Posted : 01/11/2013 4:21 am

most people seem to prefer cure rather than prevention,as you don't have "true acne" which seems to clear up in peoples twenties,looks like you will carry the problem into old age,like I would have if I hadn't found the cause,

my latest big spot was caused by gravy granules,when will I learn 30 years on,when I know the cause.

MemberMember
(@cammytammy)

Posted : 01/15/2013 9:24 am

Hi guys.

I already know the cause, i stopped using BP. Nothing else from my lifestyle or diet changes.

Anyway, with much research i decided to experiment on my own "Regimen".

I lost the photos above but for those who remember, below is a picture of how i look now 5 days into my own Regimen.

after4t.jpg

Seems to be working well and stopped the current breakout in it's tracks. I have so far had nothing new appear ANYWHERE which is encouraging.

I will post another picture in another 5 days with progress and updates.

Regards,

Adam.

MemberMember
(@kasyani)

Posted : 01/16/2013 3:33 am

Hi guys.

I already know the cause, i stopped using BP. Nothing else from my lifestyle or diet changes.

Anyway, with much research i decided to experiment on my own "Regimen".

I lost the photos above but for those who remember, below is a picture of how i look now 5 days into my own Regimen.

after4t.jpg

Seems to be working well and stopped the current breakout in it's tracks. I have so far had nothing new appear ANYWHERE which is encouraging.

I will post another picture in another 5 days with progress and updates.

Regards,

Adam.

perhaps when you post your pics, you could share your new regimen with all of us please.

MemberMember
(@cammytammy)

Posted : 01/17/2013 4:24 am

Sure thing, was going to post it next week when I know if its really working.

All i am using is benzac 2.5% and clean&clear truly gentle facial wash soap free. This is the best cleanser IMO.

The whole idea is to keep it simple, don't overload the pours in your skin with different products, especially if you are very sensitive, this will work great.

Before you go to bed, wash your hands, then splash your face with warm water. Lather up the cleaner above in your hands then give your face a wash. Don't worry about the 10 second rule, its not enough and this cleaners won't irritate your skin, 20 seconds is fine.

Pay your face dry then apply benzac 2.5% to your face. Don't overload your face, remember whole idea is to keep it simple. Just put a pea size on your finger and rub in until gone. You will want one pea size bop per side of your face.

Then go to bed. In the morning wash your hands again, then wash your a face with the cleanser same way as above, use shower head instead of hands if your showering.

Don't reapply benzac in the morning, just apply a very thin coat of moisturising cream only if your skin is drying out too much.

Go about your day and repeat the above before sleep. If your face gets oily in the day then dab it off with tissue or splash your face with water only.

Try eat some fruit in the day to.

Thats it guys, keep it simple regimen.

MemberMember
(@cammytammy)

Posted : 01/20/2013 4:37 am

after4t.jpg

Image below is 5 days on from the above image, still following the regimen i posted above.

img20130120093146.jpg

Redness is going again, skin is feeling smoother and not aggravated at all.

Must note my chin was like a world war II bombing ground before this as well, it's totally clear now to. My cheeks were also full of very big spots.

MemberMember
(@doodleme123)

Posted : 01/20/2013 5:56 am

You look all right. What do you use for shaving, may I ask?

P.s, you look strangely like your avatar.

MemberMember
(@cammytammy)

Posted : 01/20/2013 7:34 am

Gillette gel cool.png

MemberMember
(@doodleme123)

Posted : 01/20/2013 7:41 am

Ok, thanks.