Notifications
Clear all

My Accutane Path...

MemberMember
(@goosepinch)

Posted : 01/08/2013 6:21 pm

Hey guys, decided to do a accutane blog, was thinking of doing one on youtube vlog wise, who knows, might integrate one into this in the future...

Story Wise..

I am 23, had acne for 10 years, started 13-14, odd spot on forhead and chin, gradually over the years it has built up, cystic acne on back, and always 5-6 active whiteheads on face, with few scars and many red dots of healing spots.. At the moment my back is scared to hell, shoulder blades and lower back, also on back of thighs, chest. At the moment its mild/moderate, with the large ones on back and shoulder blades, active whiteheads on face etc...

Have been on many creams, antibiotics, creams + antibiotics at the same time, few have even had any effects, maybe the combo of the cream and the antibiotics had some effect for a week or two ( only time my skin on face has been perfect in 10 years ! ) But this only lasted 2 weeks and since then it has been carnage.

Eventually i asked my dermatologist is there anything which will completely cure/heal it, as there is only so much scaring i can take on my back, and yes, facial wise, in this current society, it has knocked my confidence, hell, i even refuse to have a girlfriend due there being a lack of confidence on my part! He reccomended isotretinoin ( roaccutane/accutane), had the blood tests to confirm i could have it, sat me down and spoke about the benefits/the side effects of it, i was kinda still rakey about taking it, did many weeks research online/blogs/vlogs and finally decided to bite the bullet.

At the moment i am a chef, which is a hot/humid and tiring work place, i didnt find any blogs about accutane and chefs so hopefully this might help some who are curious and in the same boat as me, as i realise, it will mean extra moisturizer and lip balms etc, as the drug drys it out, working in the kitchen normally does this anyway, and also with the long hours, time on feet, and the rare occasions the drug making you tired/exhausted.

I had spots before working, and also when i have been on a break from working, it didnt change the acne, so this has no effect on how it reacts as some people say working in the kitchen with the oil/heat etc it can effect acne, but in my case, it didnt, hopefully this drug will help me in my fight with acne, confidence, and chasing shexi ladies!

Well anyway, i started tonight, currently on -> 40MG Daily

I will keep this thread updated weekly, to help those who are thinking about joining the accutrain!

MemberMember
(@blabla05)

Posted : 01/08/2013 6:46 pm

Hey guys, decided to do a accutane blog, was thinking of doing one on youtube vlog wise, who knows, might integrate one into this in the future...

Story Wise..

I am 23, had acne for 10 years, started 13-14, odd spot on forhead and chin, gradually over the years it has built up, cystic acne on back, and always 5-6 active whiteheads on face, with few scars and many red dots of healing spots.. At the moment my back is scared to hell, shoulder blades and lower back, also on back of thighs, chest. At the moment its mild/moderate, with the large ones on back and shoulder blades, active whiteheads on face etc...

Have been on many creams, antibiotics, creams + antibiotics at the same time, few have even had any effects, maybe the combo of the cream and the antibiotics had some effect for a week or two ( only time my skin on face has been perfect in 10 years ! ) But this only lasted 2 weeks and since then it has been carnage.

Eventually i asked my dermatologist is there anything which will completely cure/heal it, as there is only so much scaring i can take on my back, and yes, facial wise, in this current society, it has knocked my confidence, hell, i even refuse to have a girlfriend due there being a lack of confidence on my part! He reccomended isotretinoin ( roaccutane/accutane), had the blood tests to confirm i could have it, sat me down and spoke about the benefits/the side effects of it, i was kinda still rakey about taking it, did many weeks research online/blogs/vlogs and finally decided to bite the bullet.

At the moment i am a chef, which is a hot/humid and tiring work place, i didnt find any blogs about accutane and chefs so hopefully this might help some who are curious and in the same boat as me, as i realise, it will mean extra moisturizer and lip balms etc, as the drug drys it out, working in the kitchen normally does this anyway, and also with the long hours, time on feet, and the rare occasions the drug making you tired/exhausted.

I had spots before working, and also when i have been on a break from working, it didnt change the acne, so this has no effect on how it reacts as some people say working in the kitchen with the oil/heat etc it can effect acne, but in my case, it didnt, hopefully this drug will help me in my fight with acne, confidence, and chasing shexi ladies!

Well anyway, i started tonight, currently on -> 40MG Daily

I will keep this thread updated weekly, to help those who are thinking about joining the accutrain!

Hi there! Well firstly, I can totally relate to you. My cheeks are covered in red marks, some active some healing. Deinately as massive decrease in confidence. I've been on 20mg for a month, which doesn't sound like a lot but I am very tiny and very skinny. I havnt had any problems with dry skin (besides my lips). If you had very oily skin before accutane this fixes it right up!!! My skin feels perfect. I hope this goes for youtoo, if not, use a gentle moistuiser like cetaphil after every shower!

MemberMember
(@goosepinch)

Posted : 01/08/2013 7:07 pm

Yeha i do get oily skin now and again, depends, if i use a spot facial wash, it normally helps, but if im short of time, normally a soap wash, by the end of the day skin does look quite greasy and oily, hopefully the drug will help this, thanks for the help :D

MemberMember
(@rumplesilkskin)

Posted : 01/08/2013 7:34 pm

Choo-Choo I've already got my ticket and I'm enjoying the ride!

I take my accutane at night about half an hour before I go to bed, just to combat any side effects i may feel, although there is no escape from the dry chapped bottom lip and uncontrollable thirst! Be sure to stock up on the lip care products

MemberMember
(@goosepinch)

Posted : 01/09/2013 6:01 pm

yeha ive got a few chapsticks etc, and yeha im doing the same as you, mainly 1-2 hours before bed, i read though in the morning you wake up with a bad thirst, but no idea, time will tell, cheers!

MemberMember
(@rumplesilkskin)

Posted : 01/11/2013 11:27 am

yeha ive got a few chapsticks etc, and yeha im doing the same as you, mainly 1-2 hours before bed, i read though in the morning you wake up with a bad thirst, but no idea, time will tell, cheers!

Yeah I'm thirsty when I wake, might sound weird but I'm kinda used to swinging from a bottle of water when I wake!

Make sure the chapsticks are medicated, just helps keeps the lips in proper condition

MemberMember
(@goosepinch)

Posted : 01/11/2013 5:45 pm

yeha true, any of you guys had bloodshot eyes/itchy eyes, only had 4 doses but eyes look bad, look like i am stoned or on drugs!

MemberMember
(@yaz28)

Posted : 01/12/2013 3:52 am

hello,

i suggest you buy a toothbrush for your lips because they will get very chapped and dry (not a pretty sight). this has been a life saver, i use the toothbrush to remove all of the dead skin and chapness. but dont brush to hard or else you will bleed. and apply vasline on afterwards.

hope this helps in your journey.

MemberMember
(@goosepinch)

Posted : 01/15/2013 11:57 am

Week 1 Update.

Started on 40MG week today, have been taking them at night 1-2 hours before bed with a glass of whole milk, and then followed by a glass of water ( seems to help the thirst in the morning as soon as i wake ! )

Havent realy had any IB, have noticed since last 2-3 days, lips started to get dryer, espeically in the mornings, and today after having a shave, noticed skin was flaking abit more dry and itchy.

I did notice, 2-3 days when i started on it, felt very tired, which was weird but seem to fade away come fri/sat ( started on tues ), also skin seems to be more red, but read alot of people get this so no biggy, apart from that and my water intake on 3-4 pints aday nothing else to say.

Also thanks for the advice ^^ helped :D

MemberMember
(@goosepinch)

Posted : 01/16/2013 5:15 pm

Edit the IB bit, woke up resmorning, have a number of ones coming, weirdly on cheeks ( rarely get them ) forhead, and around mouth, guess im unlucky enough to get it, :) woop lol

MemberMember
(@goosepinch)

Posted : 01/22/2013 7:02 pm

Week 2

-----------

Skin is definatly looking better already, weird so soon, the IB has died down, have noticed face/scalp/lips all getting very dry, nothing moisturizer and chapsticks cant solve ( lost count how many times i use the chapstick in a day its unreal ) , thats about it, one thing i have noticed is random cramps i get now, never had them before :s

MemberMember
(@goosepinch)

Posted : 02/05/2013 5:08 pm

End of first month, went to the derm today, upped me from 40MG to 80MG, still all the normal, dry lips/skin, weirdly people say about insomia, but i am sleeping easier now, dunno if its because i am generally more tired from the drug..

Skin, is looking amazing, havent had one new spot on face in 2 weeks, and that was on 40mg, hopefully the up in dose will sort my back out and hopefully rid me of the dam stuff!