Notifications
Clear all

Acne.org Bp - Fast Delivery And Cheaper Than Panoxyl Was!

MemberMember
(@flaxen)

Posted : 01/08/2013 10:24 am

I just recieved my acne.org bp today smile.png It only took a week to arrive after I placed my order with amazon.com and the bottle is huge! 8oz = 226.8g and 1 tube panoxyl is 40g. So the acne.org bp = 5 and 2/3 tubes of Panoxyl. I used to get Panoxyl for about £3.75 so 8oz would cost £21.26 whereas I got Acne.org bp from amazon.com for £18.03 including shipping. If this stuff is as good as it used to be 6 years ago then it is also more effective/less irritating than Panoxyl too!

In summary, Acne.org bp is both the cheapest and best form of 2.5% bp available in the UK. Ordering from Amazon(.com not .co.uk) is hassle free and delivery is fast!! Highly recommend!

MemberMember
(@tricky)

Posted : 01/08/2013 12:42 pm

Totally agree.. been saying that myself for ages. Why anyone would use anything else is a mystery to me.

Really wish Dan would have a UK supplier though.. as I would buy the rest of the range as well (which doesn't work out as cost effective when shipped to UK).

MemberMember
(@manticore)

Posted : 01/11/2013 7:44 am

It's always a bit of a gamble as to whether your package will be stopped at Customs for VAT collection.

I have always had to pay VAT and the associated "charge" whenever my order has gone even slightly over the limit.angry.png

MemberMember
(@flaxen)

Posted : 01/11/2013 11:04 am

It's always a bit of a gamble as to whether your package will be stopped at Customs for VAT collection.

I have always had to pay VAT and the associated "charge" whenever my order has gone even slightly over the limit.angry.png

Did you order from Amazon or direct from this site? When I used to order direct from this site my parcel got stopped by customs and I switched to Panoxyl. I don't think it would happen though if you're ordering from Amazon?

MemberMember
(@manticore)

Posted : 01/13/2013 8:13 am

Did you order from Amazon or direct from this site? When I used to order direct from this site my parcel got stopped by customs and I switched to Panoxyl. I don't think it would happen though if you're ordering from Amazon?

It shouldn't matter whether you order direct or through Amazon. The order still has to pass through customs. It still originates from the same place.

The only way to ensure that you do not pay import VAT is to make sure that the order comes to less than £15. I have found that this does not include the postage charges, but HMRC don't make it clear whether it applies to P&P or not.

Sometimes you can be lucky & packages can get through without being stopped, but be prepared to pay 20% plus handling fees if the order is more than £15.

MemberMember
(@flaxen)

Posted : 01/13/2013 11:39 am

It shouldn't matter whether you order direct or through Amazon. The order still has to pass through customs. It still originates from the same place.

The only way to ensure that you do not pay import VAT is to make sure that the order comes to less than £15. I have found that this does not include the postage charges, but HMRC don't make it clear whether it applies to P&P or not.

Sometimes you can be lucky & packages can get through without being stopped, but be prepared to pay 20% plus handling fees if the order is more than £15.

Ok I see, thanks for the info. Good news is one 8oz/236ml tube of 2.5% bp costs less than £15 excluding P&P and should last at least a year! I guess it makes buying the other products more difficult but I think it's quite easy to get alternatives for those. Or you can buy them on UK ebay -so customs shouldn't be an issue because the products are already in the country. I just couldn't find bp sold without the rest of the kit on there when I had decided to buy... I had seen it previously when just researching though so if you keep an eye out for it some more items might get listed.

The whole customs thing is pretty annoying though! It's really odd that we have to go to these lengths to get such an important and basic component of acne treatment. We need to educate these doctors and raise the demand so we can get it supplied over here!

MemberMember
(@manticore)

Posted : 01/14/2013 7:28 am

I still get my BP from acne.org. It was the first treatment I tried when I started the regimen & it's the one I have stuck with. Even though my face & body are now clear, I still use it once or twice a week for maintainance.

As you say, the tubes/bottles are much bigger than anything you can buy here, so even with the P&P added on, they are still good value. It's just a shame about having to keep an eye on the import VAT!

Don't know if you've seen it, but a thread was started around 3 years ago, trying to persuade Dan to set up UK distribution. Unfortunately, nothing has come of it:-

http://www.acne.org/messageboard/index.php/topic/262757-petition-for-dan-to-find-cheaper-distribution-alternative-for-uk-customers/

MemberMember
(@leaudclub)

Posted : 01/21/2013 1:03 pm

I was on dan's bp for about two weeks and wasn't completely happy with the results. Some old pimples reappeared, so maybe it wasn't strong enough for me.

MemberMember
(@manticore)

Posted : 01/22/2013 9:35 am

I was on dan's bp for about two weeks and wasn't completely happy with the results. Some old pimples reappeared, so maybe it wasn't strong enough for me.

You cannot really judge how good a product is in just 2 weeks.

It took 2 months for my facial acne to completely disappear, and during that time new pimples were still emerging. Others have stated that it could take up to 3 months before seeing results.

Give it another go & persevere for at least 8 weeks.

MemberMember
(@kyle_)

Posted : 01/24/2013 9:38 pm

I would love dan to maybe concider UK supplies, it's a first step in spreading the acne.org regimen to more than just america (When I say that I mean it makes it more easy for us to use his products)

You never know, acne.org could become the standard acne treatment, it's a pain to do sometimes but for me, no acne is better than acne

MemberMember
(@o-havoc-o)

Posted : 01/25/2013 9:18 am

I just recieved my acne.org bp today smile.png It only took a week to arrive after I placed my order with amazon.com and the bottle is huge! 8oz = 226.8g and 1 tube panoxyl is 40g. So the acne.org bp = 5 and 2/3 tubes of Panoxyl. I used to get Panoxyl for about £3.75 so 8oz would cost £21.26 whereas I got Acne.org bp from amazon.com for £18.03 including shipping. If this stuff is as good as it used to be 6 years ago then it is also more effective/less irritating than Panoxyl too!

In summary, Acne.org bp is both the cheapest and best form of 2.5% bp available in the UK. Ordering from Amazon(.com not .co.uk) is hassle free and delivery is fast!! Highly recommend!

It is really good. Smooth, glides over this nice, doesn't leave any residue behind and yeah it last ages. I got a tube 7 weeks ago and still some left in the tube.

Make sure you moisterise well though.

I found that just ordering standard shipping stops the import taxes.

Last time i went through UPS for fast delivery and got done another 25 quid on the doorstep. This time went standard delivery, no import charges.

And my order was over £15

MemberMember
(@manticore)

Posted : 01/26/2013 4:40 am

I found that just ordering standard shipping stops the import taxes.Last time i went through UPS for fast delivery and got done another 25 quid on the doorstep. This time went standard delivery, no import charges.

And my order was over 15

I always use the standard (cheapest) shipping option, which is delivered by Royal Mail. When my order goes over the limit, I get a card through the door telling me to pick up the package from the sorting office, as VAT & 8 handling fee needs to be paid.

It is still a bit of a lottery as to whether your package will be caught. Perhaps when customs have a backlog to clear, it's more likely that your package will get through without having to pay import charges.

I have bought electronic equipment from Ebay in the past from USA & China. Again, some of it needed import VAT paying on it, whilst other stuff, costing hundreds of dollars, has got through without charges! It really does seem to be pot luck.

btw...I have just received 2 packages from acne.org. I ordered them 1 day apart to make sure they weren't put into 1 box. They arrived just 7/8 days after ordering. Pretty good going for the cheapest shipping option.

MemberMember
(@skyinferno)

Posted : 06/29/2013 7:51 am

I've been on Panoxyl for years but for some reason the new tube I switched to - still have two left - seems to have stopped working ._. so I've just ordered Dan's, hope it goes well.