Notifications
Clear all

Peeled From Co2 Laser And You Still See All The Spots - Photos Included

MemberMember
(@readytosmileagain)

Posted : 01/07/2013 12:38 pm

I really need help

I have read everywhere that once you peel from a laser treatment, your skin looks "Fresh and new" underneath and all the spots dissapear...Ive read posts for Deep Fx,Active FX, Total FX, just CO2 laser treatments etc. I dont exactly know what the doctor did but regardless, everyone says the same thing as far as there experience...

I already peeled - a little bit, she didnt say i would peel a lot at all anyway... and my skin texture feels fine (all red marks are raised for the most part so it just feels like i have a few pimples here and there when i touch my face with my eyes closed)

my spots have not disappeared and because this is way im healing, im terrified that these are simply burn marks now on my skin....

Nothing has changed since the procedure last weds as far as the amount of redness and the number of dots.

What did i do sad.png

post-54681-0-07870300-1357580179_thumb.j

post-54681-0-07870300-1357580179_thumb.j

MemberMember
(@miss-soloist)

Posted : 01/07/2013 12:56 pm

Have you consulted your doctor on this? It's only been a week post procedure and so it may just take some time to heal.

I had laser hair removal on my legs and got post inflammatory hyperpigmentation - i was beside myself! I though jeeeesus what have i done?! Good news is that it all goes away; it just takes time. My legs went back to normal.

MemberMember
(@readytosmileagain)

Posted : 01/07/2013 1:02 pm

I did consult her and all she said was that I told you it might take 3 months for the redness to fade... i was also under the impression that the procedure down time was 7 to 10 days. Luckily i see her on weds so hopefully she can give me something good to think about as im really upset right now... I feel like i should of just left well enough alone.

Thanks for the response! I really appreciate it

MemberMember
(@miss-soloist)

Posted : 01/08/2013 3:30 pm

Don't panic, it will get better but i can well understand how you're feeling. Don't beat yourself up about it, just give your body a chance to heal. Also i recommend using a strong sunscreen and avoiding UV rays. How are you feeling today? x

MemberMember
(@readytosmileagain)

Posted : 01/08/2013 3:48 pm

Thanks you so much for connecting - im feeling okay. Nothing awesome but im trying to stay positive :)

MemberMember
(@miss-soloist)

Posted : 01/08/2013 4:52 pm

You'll be fine. I went through the same anxiety when I had my legs done. I remember feeling kind of gut wrenchingly worried about it for ages. I'm one of those people that won't believe it will get better until i see results!

Thinking about it now; it was nothing really compared to what's happened to my face now. Glad you seem ok. Keep positive.

MemberMember
(@lillyrose7)

Posted : 02/14/2013 12:01 pm

how is the redness now? Has it faded?

With resurfacing, its more like your whole face generally looks very red. Are the red dots where she passed over with the laser? Perhaps she did a deeper pass in those areas?

The surrounding area of your face, that is the type of redness i experienced, maybe a lot more darker, when i did the resurfacing. Did you scab about 3-4 days after? did you pick ?

MemberMember
(@celiac24)

Posted : 08/22/2013 6:50 pm

Hi readytosmileagain. Have the spots gone away yet? I'm considering having a laser treatment, but I'm a little scared of the whole thing. Did you see any improvement in your scars? Are you glad you had it done, or wishing you hadn't?

Thanks for sharing your experience!

MemberMember
(@readytosmileagain)

Posted : 08/26/2013 10:29 am

hey!

The spots are gone - i have 4 hyper- pigmentation (i think thats the term) - basically just red spots that have shown up since the laser but i dont know if its related.

And I absolutely do not see a difference, whats so ever. AND the derm even said that any change to my skin is due to the subcisions i had prior to the co2 so honestly, i wouldnt recommend it from my personal experience... Subcisions yes, maybe fraxel as I have only HEARD it works great... but I will never do a CO2 again. Right now im pregnant and my skin texture, as bad as I know it is, is far from my thoughts as I am starting to see the world differently, and the fact that I cant keep hiding as I now will have to mold the life of someone else.... the last thing i want to do is make my little girl self-conscious, just by wanting to act like her mommy... so I dont know what route I may go in the future... we will see!

Good luck to you!!