Notifications
Clear all

Too Much Beta Caroten

MemberMember
(@royalty)

Posted : 01/07/2013 9:42 am

Hey i am clear but now another problem i have is that people notice my face is yellow. I am 100% sure that its because of my huge vegetable/beta caroten intake. Also i take multivitamins which has twice as much as i need for one day.

I've cut down on the food and stopped taking the multivitamin to try to stop it since i think its annoying when people ask me about my yellow face. I am just wondeirng how long will this discoloration long?

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 01/11/2013 4:01 pm

Anyone ever watch that Magic School Bus episode where Arnold turns orange? Actually, this also happened to an aunt of mine. Too many carrots.

I know that the epidermis replaces itself about every five weeks. The yellowness is not the result of scarring, or anything permanent, so it should fade within that timeframe.

MemberMember
(@ind1g0)

Posted : 01/11/2013 8:37 pm

Eek. How yellow is it? Orange could indicate too much beta carotene...yellow could be a sign of jaundice, which could indicate a problem with your liver. Cut down on the vitamins if you're eating a balanced diet....this issue, if its really noticeable, is not a good thing at all.