Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
hippocampus

Best Foundation For Dry, Acneic Skin? (Photo)

I'm currently using the BP regimen to treat acne, so I have flaky skin if I don't use a moisturizer. Right now my problem is more with uneven skin tone and red marks from old blemishes rather than current acne, so I'd like to wear a foundation. I've tried tinted moisturizers, BB creams, foundations, and concealers and they all seem to accentuate the flakes. Is there any makeup I can use on my face that won't make it look like this photo?

FYI: The image is BB cream applied after two layers of jojoba oil, moisturizer, and primer.

Thanks!

post-177536-0-74938800-1357534681_thumb.

post-177536-0-74938800-1357534681_thumb.

It's really difficult to apply foundation on flaking skin due to a BP regimen. I had the same problem as you do while my skin was adjusting to the BP. I would avoid all power and mineral foundations because they dried my skin and accentuated the flakes. I would find a really hydrating cream or liquid foundation (I used Smashbox 15 hour wear hydrating foundation). I mixed my foundation with my moisturizer (Dan's moisturizer) in a 1:1 ratio in the palm of my hand and then applied it to my face (sometime I added a drop or two of jojoba oil). This method gave me a lot of extra moisture because just foundations or bb cream is not nearly enough while using BP. I also carried the jojoba oil with me through the day and applied a little on the flaky patches of skin that appeared as needed.

Hope this helps.