Notifications
Clear all

Hello, Bad 3 Months, Roacatane

MemberMember
(@sal1917)

Posted : 01/06/2013 8:59 pm

Hello!

Just starting my roacatane journey, have posted a blog and some pics in my gallery. I am on week 4 of roacatane (just 20mg a day)

and so far it been pretty much hell! It has made my face break out one million times worse, hoping so bad it gets better soon.

For those of you who are on it and got worse before better, when does the better start? I'd love to start feeling less ugly and sore!

MemberMember
(@clear-skin-dreamer)

Posted : 01/06/2013 9:09 pm

well results will take some time. I'm on month 3 and have seen no results. I'm on claravis. I still break out so just keep taking it and you'll see results also 20 mg is a low dose. My first month I took 40 mg a day and my second I did 60 mg and right now I'm on 80 mg. bit I certainly know that I will be cured by god.

MemberMember
(@oilydave94)

Posted : 01/29/2013 10:28 am

OP, based on your pics, your acne is mild but it looks like your issue is more rosacea. Did a derm ever bring up rosacea?

MemberMember
(@sal1917)

Posted : 01/30/2013 1:14 am

yeah the fist derm did, but they ruled it out! Im not sure why... its strange because I usually have very clear skin

MemberMember
(@djelkins95)

Posted : 02/02/2013 1:19 am

Hi,

Just started my first accutane journey today. How long was it before you started to feel some of the side effects of the drug?

MemberMember
(@monkeybeanmagic)

Posted : 02/02/2013 10:34 am

yeah the fist derm did, but they ruled it out! Im not sure why... its strange because I usually have very clear skin

even if it is rosacea, accutane works for that condition as well. Please keep us updated on your progress. I'm hoping and predicting that months 3 and 4 will be a turning point for you and you'll start really having some improvement now.

MemberMember
(@sal1917)

Posted : 02/02/2013 5:30 pm

Hi,

Just started my first accutane journey today. How long was it before you started to feel some of the side effects of the drug?

Well I am just about to start my third month, and the side effects so far would be

Dry face- (about one month in) only around my nose and mouth, not really any thing that can't be controlled with some moisturiser, I just use cetaphil in the morning under my make up and a fair bit more at night before bed.

Dry Lips- I always use lip balm any way, it has only been in the last 2 weeks or so that I have needed more, this morning was the first time I woke up in the night

and had to slather my lips in blistex, realllly dry, but back to normal now.

Hair loss the past 2 weeks Ive seen a ridiculous increase in how much hair im shedding (sounds like a cat), i really don't like this one.

That's about it. Nothing has been terrible. The IB sucked because I was completely clear on one side and now it is the worst. Really annoying.

Any questions just ask :)

even if it is rosacea, accutane works for that condition as well. Please keep us updated on your progress. I'm hoping and predicting that months 3 and 4 will be a turning point for you and you'll start really having some improvement now.

I think it's wayyyy to pussy for rosacea, and some of of the dots are massive cyst like things that are just hanging under my skin.. good that the drugs work for both.. the first derm prescribed me doxycillin or something for 6 months to battle 'rosacea' but i have bad reactions to that drug.

MemberMember
(@kevon)

Posted : 02/03/2013 4:41 pm

I had a bad IB as well, it seems to have calmed down now, it came on pretty quickly and I had about 40 new spots in the space of 48 hours... now I only have 2 active ones.

Your skin looks much less red now than it did to begin with, it seems to be getting better!

MemberMember
(@oilydave94)

Posted : 02/04/2013 8:38 pm

Oh, I see. Either way it looks like your skin is clearing up nicely and the redness is going down. You have big pores in the older pics and they look smaller and smoother in the newer pics. I think accutane contributed to that as well. smile.png

MemberMember
(@londoncat8)

Posted : 02/04/2013 10:08 pm

when I took accutane my IB and the rest cleared up at the end of month 4. good luck!

MemberMember
(@sal1917)

Posted : 02/05/2013 3:43 am

when I took accutane my IB and the rest cleared up at the end of month 4. good luck!

sweet . haha. i just finished the first box. so 2 months down. its mostly just red, i have a massive lump that has been there the whole time, not sure

what it is going to do, hopefully it just goes down.