Just When I Thought...

Notifications
Clear all

Just When I Thought I Was Ready To Quit.. The Regimen Pulled Me Back In

MemberMember
(@michellekl77)

Posted : 01/06/2013 1:38 pm

Just a few days ago I wrote that I was seriously considering quitting the regimen, this is how it has been since I've started, I'm almost at my 6th week on it.

1st week: dry skin, not much improvement in acne, redness from the bp

2nd week: horrible breakout, about 15-20 large cysts on my face

3: the same as 2

4: started to see improvement maybe only 4-5 pimples on my face, lots of scarring though

5th: another horrible breakout, this time worse then the one in the second week, about 22-25 large cysts on my face that hurt not to mention my skin was pretty red from the bp

almost 6th week: skin is improving again, about 6-7 pimples on my face right now but they are smaller and easier to cover, I use almay concealer and thats it- less is more.

I started to see improvement again a couple days ago, also on friday my AHA+ came in the mail, I had actually forgotten that I even ordered it so I was excited when I opened my mailbox, I used it friday night and last night and so far so good, it really shrinks current pimples and helps with any flakiness you have from the bp.

I am so excited to be so close to the 2 month mark(only a couple more weeks!!!!), hopefully it gets even better from here, for those of you wanting to give up and quit the regimen don't, I felt this way just a few days ago and now my skin is back on track and looking better then before, keep going and hopefully you will get the same result.

MemberMember
(@ayeaye)

Posted : 01/07/2013 1:56 am

The first couple months are so tough, but its worth it if you make it through to the other end. Glad you're having success with the AHA. I LOVE that stuff and it made such a difference to helping me get clear.

Good luck with the next 2 months, they will be exciting im sure :)

MemberMember
(@michellekl77)

Posted : 01/07/2013 10:42 am

The first couple months are so tough, but its worth it if you make it through to the other end. Glad you're having success with the AHA. I LOVE that stuff and it made such a difference to helping me get clear.

Good luck with the next 2 months, they will be exciting im sure smile.png

Thank you! 🙂

MemberMember
(@ind1g0)

Posted : 01/07/2013 11:59 am

Yes- I think I posted on your previous thread, and said it takes a few months the first time you start and it definitely gets worse before it gets better. Keep pullin through. If by the 5th month (I know that's a long time) but if there's NO improvement at that point, I'd say can the regimen, but the chances of that happening are low :P One thing I would say though, is to only use bp on the affected parts of your face. Don't use it on areas that are usually clear....

MemberMember
(@michellekl77)

Posted : 01/07/2013 7:22 pm

Yes- I think I posted on your previous thread, and said it takes a few months the first time you start and it definitely gets worse before it gets better. Keep pullin through. If by the 5th month (I know that's a long time) but if there's NO improvement at that point, I'd say can the regimen, but the chances of that happening are low tongue.png One thing I would say though, is to only use bp on the affected parts of your face. Don't use it on areas that are usually clear....

Thanks for the advice! Yes 5 months seems like a very long time, but worth it in the end I suppose.