Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hello, so I have been going through a really bad breakout for the past few months. I started taking keflex for a week due to a sinus infection and feel that it actually helped my skin a little bit. I am now on tretinoin cream and am scared of the horrid inital breakout so wanted to speak to my doc about staying on keflex for a few months. Does anyone know if this is a good idea? Do anitbiotics help with the inital breakouts? Any replies or help would be greatly appreciated

My derm had actually prescribed me keflex for an infected cyst, and i loved it. It really cleared up my skin. When I had switched derms, my new derm wouldn't prescribe it to me. She said it was because keflex is prescribed to treat many conditions and that I really shouldn't build up a resistance to it. If your Dr. is willing to prescribe it I would do it. I have recently been prescribed a retinoid also and i am on minocycline to help with the initial break out. So I dont think its a bad idea, but would discuss it with your doctor. I loved keflex

Yes I absolutely loved this antibiotic! I am not comfortable with taking other antibiotics such as minocycline becuase I know it has many adverse effects, but as for keflex it does not seem as strong as others. I will def speak with my doctor about it at my next appointment however. I am hoping it will give me better results during my time on tretinoin. Thanks for the reply glad to see someone else saw positive results from it too