Notifications
Clear all

What Is This? (Pics)

MemberMember
(@industrio)

Posted : 01/05/2013 12:11 pm

What Is This? (Pics)

What type of acne? Solution to this?

Hey, I'm not sure what type of acne I have. May you please identify this and tell me a solution for it please? (PS: It is only my cheeks that are affected)Thanks!

First pic is right cheek, second is left cheek, third is face from front.

2ele0bq.jpg

2a8orw2.jpg

hvtj7c.jpg

MemberMember
(@dc-girl-3)

Posted : 01/05/2013 9:45 pm

It's just acne; doesn't look like nodular or cystic to me.

Take dairy and grains out of your diet for 2 weeks-month and see if you clear up.

Eat whole natural foods.

I recommend this site for a start:

http://whole9life.com/category/whole-30/

MemberMember
(@relentless-rasta)

Posted : 01/06/2013 9:42 am

You seem to have some minor indented scarring

MemberMember
(@industrio)

Posted : 01/06/2013 10:17 am

Take dairy and grains out of your diet for 2 weeks-month and see if you clear up.

Eat whole natural foods.

http://whole9life.co...egory/whole-30/

Oh okay, thanks so much, I'll make sure to check it out :)

Thanks, if I see a dermatologist about the scarring at this stage, is it too late? How bad will it be in a few years, VERY noticeable? What can I personally do as I have a doctors appointment in 4 days, Any advice on this?

PS: I am 16 years old. (The beard may have fooled you Hah)

MemberMember
(@dc-girl-3)

Posted : 01/06/2013 11:22 pm

Eat whole natural foods.

Oh okay, thanks so much, I'll make sure to check it out smile.png

Thanks, if I see a dermatologist about the scarring at this stage, is it too late? How bad will it be in a few years, VERY noticeable? What can I personally do as I have a doctors appointment in 4 days, Any advice on this?

I wouldn't worry about scarring yet; get your skin clear and then work on that.

You shouldn't have bad scarring anyways; since you're so young your skin should fill in and heal pretty good.

A lot of my scars diminished over time without doing anything to them.

MemberMember
(@industrio)

Posted : 01/06/2013 11:47 pm

Eat whole natural foods.

You shouldn't have bad scarring anyways; since you're so young your skin should fill in and heal pretty good.

Oh thank you, that makes me feel so much better! :) Any other advice on my skin? Anything would be greatly appreciated :)

Thanks once again!

MemberMember
(@dc-girl-3)

Posted : 01/07/2013 11:39 am

Eat whole natural foods.

Oh thank you, that makes me feel so much better! smile.png Any other advice on my skin? Anything would be greatly appreciated smile.png

Thanks once again!

My best advice is to change your diet like in the previous post I made and not to stress about it.

MemberMember
(@industrio)

Posted : 01/08/2013 11:54 pm

Eat whole natural foods.

Oh thank you, that makes me feel so much better! smile.png Any other advice on my skin? Anything would be greatly appreciated smile.png

Thanks once again!

My best advice is to change your diet like in the previous post I made and not to stress about it.

Alright, thanks so much!

MemberMember
(@alaskanborn88)

Posted : 01/09/2013 9:07 am

Hmm, I seem to have nearly identical acne to you, both in terms of the look of the acne and it being located on my cheeks. FWIW I'm a 24 year old male, though I probably hit puberty a few years later than most. Like you, I'm at a loss for a cure. I've tried various topicals, all kinds of pills, and routines with little to no tangible results. I'm thinking it might be time to schedule a visit to a dermatologist, but I'm a little skeptical of the work they do and it's probably fairly expensive. Is there a place out there where I can find one that comes recommended instead of picking one at random? Would hate to spend all kinds of time and money on one that isn't very good at their job.

MemberMember
(@industrio)

Posted : 01/09/2013 5:44 pm

Hmm, I seem to have nearly identical acne to you, both in terms of the look of the acne and it being located on my cheeks. FWIW I'm a 24 year old male, though I probably hit puberty a few years later than most. Like you, I'm at a loss for a cure. I've tried various topicals, all kinds of pills, and routines with little to no tangible results. I'm thinking it might be time to schedule a visit to a dermatologist, but I'm a little skeptical of the work they do and it's probably fairly expensive. Is there a place out there where I can find one that comes recommended instead of picking one at random? Would hate to spend all kinds of time and money on one that isn't very good at their job.

http://www.ratemds.com/ Check the website out, it shows ratings of the best doctors in your location, it is great! Good luck :)

MemberMember
(@industrio)

Posted : 01/10/2013 8:24 pm

Any advice from anyone else?

MemberMember
(@industrio)

Posted : 01/13/2013 9:46 am

I am now on Accutane.

MemberMember
(@industrio)

Posted : 01/17/2013 4:56 pm

Any more suggestions from anyone?