Notifications
Clear all

Eating Salmon Improved My Skin

MemberMember
(@user174136)

Posted : 01/05/2013 9:06 am

So, up until recently I've been uncomfortable eating fish. I won't go in to it too much but I'm still only allowing myself to eat tinned salmon and tuna.

I'm aiming to eat two portions of oily fish a week which is the recommended amount in my country.

I've made some changes to my diet over all, and my figure is definitley doing better for it. But nothing dietry wise has seemed to change my skin any until I added fish into my diet. The day after eating a portion of just salmon I woke up with smoother, less dry skin and far less clogged pores. Now I've been taking Omega 3 supplements for a year or so and they've not seemed to do much, but after eating the salmon even my joints felt more comfortable and protected.

Maybe it's just physchological. Either way I know that I'm more healthy now that I'm eating better and exercising regularly.

I think I've seen some very old posts about salmon diets, and I've read that omega 3 can help to protect and repair the skin. I've added eggs back in to my diet too now, alongside several vegetables, nuts, seeds, fruits and whole grains. My acne is a hormonal problem and I still get a few clogged pores on my cheeks every now and again, even though I'm doing my best to manage my hormones without medication (which caused other medical problems for me).

Anyway, my skin's doing good. The point of this post is that I'd recommend giving eating more fish a go if you don't get enough of it and not much works for your skin. 50mg of Zinc and 2400 iu of vitamin D supplements also make a difference in my skin's healing times and oil control respectivley.

MemberMember
(@betsy91)

Posted : 01/06/2013 11:26 pm

About how much fish?

How long?

How did you prepare it?

So glad it worked for you =)

MemberMember
(@alternativista)

Posted : 01/07/2013 9:30 am

Congratulations. Salmon is the basis of Perricone's 3 day facelift, btw. And consuming fatty fish is the best way to get omega 3s. Be sur the salmon is wild, though.

MemberMember
(@user174136)

Posted : 01/09/2013 12:50 pm

About how much fish?

How long?

How did you prepare it?

About half a tin, twice a week, for the last three weeks or so. I just ate it as it was - with the exception of putting it in a dish of course tongue.png

Congratulations. Salmon is the basis of Perricone's 3 day facelift, btw. And consuming fatty fish is the best way to get omega 3s. Be sur the salmon is wild, though.

Now I didn't know that. Cheers for the knowledge level up! 🙂

MemberMember
(@alternativista)

Posted : 01/10/2013 11:05 am

About how much fish?

How long?

How did you prepare it?

About half a tin, twice a week, for the last three weeks or so. I just ate it as it was - with the exception of putting it in a dish of course tongue.png

Now I didn't know that. Cheers for the knowledge level up! smile.png

So you are in England? Kippers are high omega 3 fish too. (I think kipper refers to a variety of small fish, but they usually have a high fat content, I think) As are sardines, trout, etc.