Notifications
Clear all

How I Cured My Acne

MemberMember
(@williamrickard)

Posted : 01/05/2013 8:29 am

Many of you may have seen the documentary made by the BBC back in November called "Dying for clear skin". Well if you have I was a main character in the doc. If you haven't seen the doc here is the run down; the idea of the doc was to show the adverse side effects of accutane. The director (Derek Jones) his son took accutane and commit suicide, me, Derek and many others are 100% certain it was caused by accutane. Accutane ended his life. In the doc there are a few acne victims; Me with severe cystic acne, Stefan Lay who took accutane and is still recovering 6 years after, a girl from London who thinks accutane is amazing and saved her life, the parents of a lad from Kent, he was in his 4th year of medical school and he hung him self after accutane and finally Derek and his wife.

Here is the link; it's on Youtube:

Anyway the way I cured my acne was a treatment called Dann© Montague King. Here is my testimonial and I will attach a few photos below:

post-165338-0-17941900-1357392525_thumb.

To introduce myself, my name is William Rickard. I™m 15 years old. Before Dann© I suffered from severe cystic back, chest and face acne. Acne destroyed my life and personality day by day, to a point when I couldn™t look my Mum, my Dad and or my Siblings in the eye. I felt that bad. Now I™m happy with my life, my skin and I live a œnormal life again and I can look at people whilst talking without worrying about how I look.

Earlier this year my acne was at its worst. It wasn™t getting any better and the Doctors were not helping at all. No cream or drug could solve my problem. I tried everything; Benzyl Peroxide, 3 different tetracyclines, endless cream combinations. My skin just got dryer, crispier and spottier. I lost hope in Doctors at that point. I™d spend hours on the web researching treatments, never to be successful.

In April 2012 I found Dann© and through the amazing help of the BBC, I was in contact with Susanne Williams. It was the biggest relief in my life when she said œNo one leaves my clinic with acne. And ever since that Susanne has kept to her word.

Come May, I headed down to Harley Street London on the train. The first time I visited, I felt scared, anxious and didn™t know what to expect, which is usual for someone first meeting someone that works on Harley Street. After visiting multiple times I now feel comfortable and homely to Susanne™s clinic. Susanne is a wonderful practitioner, there is not one thing that she doesn™t know about skin. I find it easy to talk to Susanne whilst at the clinic and we usually have a good chat. On a few occasions I™ve been tired from travelling, so I usually go to sleep for a good 40 minutes while Susanne does the treatment and I wake up feeling revived.

The treatments are never harsh on the skin. The alkaline peel did make me a little red, but I tend to blush easily anyway. The Enzyme therapies are my favourite; I see differences each and every time. The laser was the most interesting, good results came from the laser and it didn™t hurt. The acne scar treatment is also coming on well. It can be painful, but after the first treatment it doesn™t hurt as much and the after-care is easy for scar treatment.

The home regime is the best thing ever. I love it. At first I thought it would take a long time to put on 4 products a day onto my body, but it only takes 2 minutes. It is easier to do than my previous drugstore regime, which never worked! The new DMK Acu System which Susanne put me on a few weeks ago, is even better than the original products. The AKU-KLENZ face wash leaves my skin feeling fresh, clean and soft.

I like to add the Melanoplex drops from time to time, I would recommend getting a bottle. If I look tired in the morning or my skin my looks tired, I put some on and my skin looks better. I tend to use this before going to a party or going somewhere important. Contraderm or as Susanne calls it œmagic cream is amazing, if I have a big spot that needs to go by tomorrow, I blob a bit on and then the next day it™s gone.

I would recommend Dann© to anyone who suffers with any type of acne; it will change you and your life for a fact.

William x

post-165338-0-17941900-1357392525_thumb.

MemberMember
(@doodleme123)

Posted : 01/09/2013 5:43 pm

William x

What's the key active ingredient in that product? (Danne Montague King).

MemberMember
(@miss-soloist)

Posted : 01/09/2013 5:48 pm

They use multiple things but the main treatment is an enzyme mask. I met the practioner that did Will's treatment yesterday.

MemberMember
(@doodleme123)

Posted : 01/09/2013 5:59 pm

You actually met Al Pacino?! *Joke*. Wow, you met Will's practitioner.

They use multiple things but the main treatment is an enzyme mask. I met the practioner that did Will's treatment yesterday.

MemberMember
(@miss-soloist)

Posted : 01/09/2013 6:02 pm

Haha! No I didn't meet the man himself but I did meet the same lady from the documentary Will was in at her Harley street clinic. Her knowledge on skin was incredible. I'm due to start roaccutane in the next 48 hours but i think I might delay treatment and go with this.

MemberMember
(@doodleme123)

Posted : 01/10/2013 4:43 am

Haha! No I didn't meet the man himself but I did meet the same lady from the documentary Will was in at her Harley street clinic. Her knowledge on skin was incredible. I'm due to start roaccutane in the next 48 hours but i think I might delay treatment and go with this.

Roaccutane seems to be the ''Magic Bullet'' acne sufferers turn to when all else fails. Roaccutane affects and changes the way the body works. I like to view it as masking the symptoms that is acne. I've had laser treatment in Harley street a few years ago and it did nothing. I felt as if they were only after my money. Cashing in on people's mysery; it's disgusting. The people weren't rude or arrogant, though.

MemberMember
(@miss-soloist)

Posted : 01/10/2013 4:50 am

That's my worry too. Whilst I desperately want the treatment to work like it has done for Will, I am concerned that it probably doesn't work for everyone.

Yes, Roaccutane kills acne but what else does it kill aswell? It's terrifying if I'm being honest. It's considered safe by the medical authority and there are lots of people who do just fine on the medication but I worry still!

I'm guessing you wouldn't consider Roaccutane?

MemberMember
(@doodleme123)

Posted : 01/10/2013 5:33 am

That's my worry too. Whilst I desperately want the treatment to work like it has done for Will, I am concerned that it probably doesn't work for everyone.

Yes, Roaccutane kills acne but what else does it kill aswell? It's terrifying if I'm being honest. It's considered safe by the medical authority and there are lots of people who do just fine on the medication but I worry still!

I myself will definitely not take Roaccutane, and I probably wouldn't be given it anyway, as the acne has to be servere enough; they're trying to make it harder to be prescribed because of the adverse side effects it can have, and even reports of suicide, as mentioned by the OP. I don't actually know what it does and doesn't do for acne, but I do know that whilst on it, you have to have your liver regularly checked. I think it's like a form of potent vitamin A or something, and I do know vitamin A is a fat soluble vitamin, which is stored by the human body, and therefore in large amounts is very toxic. I think it becomes stored by the liver, hence the liver checks whilst on Roaccutane. A symptom of excessive vitamin A can bring on symptoms such as dry skin, which is one of the reports of Roaccutane's adverse side effects. I'm not 100% sure on this, but I'm led to believe Roaccutane shrinks the pores in the skin. Anyone else correct me if my understandings of this powerful drug are wrong.

MemberMember
(@miss-soloist)

Posted : 01/10/2013 5:40 am

I myself will definitely not take Roaccutane, and I probably wouldn't be given it anyway, as the acne has to be servere enough; they're trying to make it harder to be prescribed because of the adverse side effects it can have, and even reports of suicide, as mentioned by the OP. I don't actually know what it does and doesn't do for acne, but I do know that whilst on it, you have to have your liver regularly checked. I think it's like a form of potent vitamin A or something, and I do know vitamin A is a fat soluble vitamin, which is stored by the human body, and therefore in large amounts is very toxic. I think it becomes stored by the liver, hence the liver checks whilst on Roaccutane. A symptom of excessive vitamin A can bring on symptoms such as dry skin, which is one of the reports of Roaccutane's adverse side effects. I'm not 100% sure on this, but I'm led to believe Roaccutane shrinks the pores in the skin. Anyone else correct me if my understandings of this powerful drug are wrong.

You're so lucky. I wish my acne didn't warrent the use of roaccutane but sadly all the 3 Derms i've seen have recommended it to me. Yeah it's basically a retinol and yes it causes, or seems to cause, a kind of hypervitamintosis. It's the only medication that attacks acne on all levels - stops sebum production, stops hyperkeratosis, stops inflammation, shrinks the pores. But the other side of that is all the other things it does.

If you acne became severe enough would you consider it or live with the acne/scarring?

MemberMember
(@doodleme123)

Posted : 01/10/2013 6:34 am

You're so lucky. I wish my acne didn't warrent the use of roaccutane but sadly all the 3 Derms i've seen have recommended it to me. Yeah it's basically a retinol and yes it causes, or seems to cause, a kind of hypervitamintosis. It's the only medication that attacks acne on all levels - stops sebum production, stops hyperkeratosis, stops inflammation, shrinks the pores. But the other side of that is all the other things it does.

If you acne became severe enough would you consider it or live with the acne/scarring?

I've already got the scars to prove I have and have had acne. If the acne itself was that severe, hmmm... it's a question I'd have to be careful when answering, I... don't know. Possibly. But I'd really try all other means before considering it, and if all else fails, I'd still want to believe there is something else that I can do, rather than take Roaccutane. It sounds like you want or need reassuring because you are considering taking it. I suppose it has its pro's and its con's.

Have you really tried everything else? The possibilities are endless...

MemberMember
(@miss-soloist)

Posted : 01/10/2013 6:45 am

I've tried every antibiotic and topical there is. I've tried improving my diet (does nothing), tried glycolics and microderm, tried every OTC product. The only route i haven't explored is the hormonal one but most Derms say it won't work and is better to do Roaccutane. Sadly it is genetic. My dad, aunt, grandad and brother had it to varying degrees. My dad was lucky and grew out of his, my aunt still has it (aged 65!), my grandad (no idea) and my brother took Roaccutane when he was younger.

I don't know. I'd never be able to live with myself if i took it then developed horrendous side effects. But on the other hand my acne is severely scarring me both mentally and physically to the point where I avoid going outside if i can.

How long have you suffered with acne? How do you treat yours? (If you don't mind my asking!)

MemberMember
(@doodleme123)

Posted : 01/10/2013 11:02 am

I've tried every antibiotic and topical there is. I've tried improving my diet (does nothing), tried glycolics and microderm, tried every OTC product. The only route i haven't explored is the hormonal one but most Derms say it won't work and is better to do Roaccutane. Sadly it is genetic. My dad, aunt, grandad and brother had it to varying degrees. My dad was lucky and grew out of his, my aunt still has it (aged 65!), my grandad (no idea) and my brother took Roaccutane when he was younger.

I don't know. I'd never be able to live with myself if i took it then developed horrendous side effects. But on the other hand my acne is severely scarring me both mentally and physically to the point where I avoid going outside if i can.

How long have you suffered with acne? How do you treat yours? (If you don't mind my asking!)

I understand you. It has also scarred me mentally and physically and continuing to do so. It's very tiring.

And it must be a little annoying to explain your situation every time someone asks you a question on here, like me! Well, you could explore hormonal treatment. If I'm right in saying so, you were clear for 3-4 years (I looked), and so perhaps birth control had something to do with your hormones. I'm purely speculating here, I don't know the details. It may even still be the food you are eating but you just don't know it, even though you have tried diet before.

I'm 29, had acne since roughly the age of 13. So... 15 years approx. What do I do for my acne? I wouldn't know where to start, but I've cut so much bad foods out of my diet over the years; I was about 19 when I started seriously changing my diet, but it is by no means healthy to this day, it's just, healthier...

I'm still trying things and exploring alternative possibilities, but it's incredibly hard and futile to do it on my own, like the rest of us on here. I guess I'm not alone, in a sense. I didn't really want to be on these forums, as I personally stayed away from it for years, just lurking on here as an unregistered user. I didn't want to get caught up in all the information and misinformation, and rather gather information on the side and just try to figure out what's best for me personally. Well, I guess my perspective changed a little over the years and realised I'm still struggling. I would like to have a sure answer and results to go on before I can actually say, this is what I do to stay clear, but I haven't quite got there yet.

MemberMember
(@steamroom)

Posted : 01/10/2013 10:26 pm

Cured my acne as well with chemical peels at the office. It is not uncommon for those to work. The main reason dermatologists do not recommend or even bring up the idea of these types of peels are because many dermatologists do not offer them. In fact, they are typically performed by an aestheticians at a Plastic Surgeons office. Therefore, dermatologists would lose money!!!

I started with Salycilic Acid 10%, then 20%, then 30%, then back to 20%, then different peels from there. One peel per month. Skin looks perfect now.

MemberMember
(@miss-soloist)

Posted : 01/11/2013 4:59 am

I understand you. It has also scarred me mentally and physically and continuing to do so. It's very tiring.

And it must be a little annoying to explain your situation every time someone asks you a question on here, like me! Well, you could explore hormonal treatment. If I'm right in saying so, you were clear for 3-4 years (I looked), and so perhaps birth control had something to do with your hormones. I'm purely speculating here, I don't know the details. It may even still be the food you are eating but you just don't know it, even though you have tried diet before.

I'm 29, had acne since roughly the age of 13. So... 15 years approx. What do I do for my acne? I wouldn't know where to start, but I've cut so much bad foods out of my diet over the years; I was about 19 when I started seriously changing my diet, but it is by no means healthy to this day, it's just, healthier...

I'm still trying things and exploring alternative possibilities, but it's incredibly hard and futile to do it on my own, like the rest of us on here. I guess I'm not alone, in a sense. I didn't really want to be on these forums, as I personally stayed away from it for years, just lurking on here as an unregistered user. I didn't want to get caught up in all the information and misinformation, and rather gather information on the side and just try to figure out what's best for me personally. Well, I guess my perspective changed a little over the years and realised I'm still struggling. I would like to have a sure answer and results to go on before I can actually say, this is what I do to stay clear, but I haven't quite got there yet.

Hey thank you for taking the time to look! I was never on birth control during that time. I was on nothing. It was the best time ever, i never thought about my skin then.

Yes, I know exactely what you mean. I used to lurk around this site too, i was sure my acne would resolve itself and I could get on with my life but I've come to depend on this site now.

I'm sorry you're still struggling. That's a long time to have acne. Has diet helped you at all?

Cured my acne as well with chemical peels at the office. It is not uncommon for those to work. The main reason dermatologists do not recommend or even bring up the idea of these types of peels are because many dermatologists do not offer them. In fact, they are typically performed by an aestheticians at a Plastic Surgeons office. Therefore, dermatologists would lose money!!!

I started with Salycilic Acid 10%, then 20%, then 30%, then back to 20%, then different peels from there. One peel per month. Skin looks perfect now.

That's amazing. How bad was your acne before?

MemberMember
(@doodleme123)

Posted : 01/11/2013 5:10 am

Hey thank you for taking the time to look! I was never on birth control during that time. I was on nothing. It was the best time ever, i never thought about my skin then.

Yes, I know exactely what you mean. I used to lurk around this site too, i was sure my acne would resolve itself and I could get on with my life but I've come to depend on this site now.

I'm sorry you're still struggling. That's a long time to have acne. Has diet helped you at all?

You're welcome! And thanks, I don't think I'm lucky like you said, although my situation is different from yours, your condition looks better than mine. I only made that comparison when you said I was lucky; I actually looked at your pictures and thought you looked good.

Diet has somewhat improved my acne over the years, but it has left me not eating a lot and I'm thin, even though I have always been thin. I guess it can be controlled with diet somewhat, but not cured. I'm still on shaky ground after all these years. I have a few more tricks up my sleeve yet, but I often feel defeated and sometimes hit rock-bottom. I see you got the Roaccutane.

MemberMember
(@miss-soloist)

Posted : 01/11/2013 5:15 am

You're welcome! And thanks, I don't think I'm lucky like you said, although my situation is different from yours, your condition looks better than mine. I only made that comparison when you said I was lucky; I actually looked at your pictures and thought you looked good.

Diet has somewhat improved my acne over the years, but it has left me not eating a lot and I'm thin, even though I have always been thin. I guess it can be controlled with diet somewhat, but not cured. I'm still on shaky ground after all these years. I have a few more tricks up my sleeve yet, but I often feel defeated and sometimes hit rock-bottom. I see you got the Roaccutane.

Thank you. I don't think i look good anymore but in the past i did. I think acne would be more bearable if it wasn't for the scarring. I'd feel like i had more time to find a solution rather than getting so frantic.

Yes - my blood work came back fine. I have the all clear to start now but, I just can't. The tablets are sitting right across from me as I type this to you but I can't bring myself to do it.

What sort of diet changes have you made? I'm thin too.

And yes I can really sympathise and understand with feeling like you've hit rockbottom. I feel like that a lot. It's like there's no end to it.

MemberMember
(@doodleme123)

Posted : 01/11/2013 5:27 am

Thank you. I don't think i look good anymore but in the past i did. I think acne would be more bearable if it wasn't for the scarring. I'd feel like i had more time to find a solution rather than getting so frantic.

Yes - my blood work came back fine. I have the all clear to start now but, I just can't. The tablets are sitting right across from me as I type this to you but I can't bring myself to do it.

What sort of diet changes have you made? I'm thin too.

And yes I can really sympathise and understand with feeling like you've hit rockbottom. I feel like that a lot. It's like there's no end to it.

With the insecurities and vulnerabilities of acne, do you mind if we take this to PM (Private Message)?

MemberMember
(@steamroom)

Posted : 01/11/2013 8:57 am

That's amazing. How bad was your acne before?

My skin was a little over moderate. I had maybe 5 cysts on my chin at a given time in addition to pimples around my face. I actually cannot believe how fast my skin changed around since I started those peels. This was August 2011 that I just described, and by January my skin was almost perfect! (Not even kidding). But it also depends on where you go - I was lucky enough to find an amazing place! I typically also have follow-ups which are free every 2 weeks between my peels, where extractions are performed.

But yep, I went from cysts, pimples, many many red marks and even indents (had one on my forehead, thought it was permanent) to no indents and the occasional 1 or 2 small marks from new pimples that are very uncommon now.