Notifications
Clear all

Feeling Lost. Thinking Of Giving Up.

MemberMember
(@jekester)

Posted : 01/04/2013 11:15 pm

So, basically. I'm 18, and have had acne for a year now. I've had mental issues before this, so acne did not help. I've been diagnosed with Depression and anxiety.

Although my acne isn't sever, it's mild, but it's there and it's not going away. I'm currently on a nutritional diet from my nutritionist who diagnosed me with Leaky gut syndrome, which I've been on a diet for a month and a bit, no improvement. I'm getting results back for a full list of things I'm intolerant to, which I was told will help me immensely. That should be around Monday or Tuesday next week, but I can't even wait that long.

I'm using a BP cream, have been for a bit, and was working for a few days, now not so much, in fact - new pimples. Then I read about Dan's regimen, and it sounded so great, but being stupid, I looked at the forums and SO many people talked about wrinkles from it, or other things. And it has literally made me so scared to use it because of that. And it sucks, because I had so much hope in that. I just spent $80 on it, and now I won't use it. What do I even do? I can't leave the house much, all my friends are having fun - I'm at home, sitting here, not getting better with my skin.

I was thinking of Accutane, but I read the side effects and now, I don't even know about that.

I want to know what will work, what will get that stupid acne away and be told "this will help you."

Moderator Edit: There was one sentence that contained ideals that are not encouraged on this board, so it was removed.

MemberMember
(@green-gables)

Posted : 01/04/2013 11:33 pm

I would just use the regimen stuff you bought. Small percentage of people have side effects, most don't. At 18 you're not going to get wrinkles from it.

If it doesn't work for you, then you can throw it out and try something new.

I had pizza face acne for over a decade which I only cured last year. I went through middle school, high school, and college looking like shit so your life can definitely be worse.

The regimen works for a lot of people. Even if it isn't a permanent cure it can reduce your acne to the point that you have hope again, that you feel socially acceptable, etc.

MemberMember
(@jekester)

Posted : 01/04/2013 11:43 pm

I would just use the regimen stuff you bought. Small percentage of people have side effects, most don't. At 18 you're not going to get wrinkles from it.

If it doesn't work for you, then you can throw it out and try something new.

I had pizza face acne for over a decade which I only cured last year. I went through middle school, high school, and college looking like shit so your life can definitely be worse.

The regimen works for a lot of people. Even if it isn't a permanent cure it can reduce your acne to the point that you have hope again, that you feel socially acceptable, etc.

I know and believe it can work, for sure. It's just, the forum seems to be filled with people saying "oh, i got wrinkles" etc, and i dunno what to believe, I am mainly scared that I will get permanent wrinkles from it.

Just so lost atm :/

MemberMember
(@mjri94)

Posted : 01/05/2013 12:33 am

I know and believe it can work, for sure. It's just, the forum seems to be filled with people saying "oh, i got wrinkles" etc, and i dunno what to believe, I am mainly scared that I will get permanent wrinkles from it.

I have used BP for very long periods of time and never got wrinkles from it, you don't have to use loads of it and if you moisturize well enough it won't be a problem (since its the dryness and flakiness that causes the wrinkles).

I've had acne for 5 years and am just as lost as you lol.gif

MemberMember
(@jekester)

Posted : 01/05/2013 12:49 am

I have used BP for very long periods of time and never got wrinkles from it, you don't have to use loads of it and if you moisturize well enough it won't be a problem (since its the dryness and flakiness that causes the wrinkles).

I've had acne for 5 years and am just as lost as you lol.gif

how much would you use?? and did you end up clearing your acne? and yeah, just don't know what to do at all. feel really intense inside.

MemberMember
(@lilly75)

Posted : 01/05/2013 1:03 am

Sorry you're feeling like this at the moment.

Dealing with acne and treatments etc can be very confusing. I think most people could relate to this lost feeling.

I think it's important to remember that different people respond differently to different treatments. Try out the regimen. And seeing as you've bought Dan's one, follow his instructions and amounts exactly. It might work perfectly for you and get you back to feeling better about yourself etc

Remember there is so much more to life than acne, even with anxiety/depression. If you're still feeling down, talk to someone who can give you professional help. They can help you with that better than we can here.

Good luck in trying for clear skin :)

MemberMember
(@user174136)

Posted : 01/05/2013 8:05 am

BP won't give you wrinkles at 18. Your skin will get very dry at first and maybe crack a little which will look like wrinkles, but once that initial layer comes off and you moisturize properly you'll be fine. Make sure to use jojoba oil (I just use two drops all over my face, I don't combine it with moisturizer). I'm 19 nearly 20 and have used 5% BP for quite a while now. The side effects are mostly gone.

MemberMember
(@akko)

Posted : 01/05/2013 10:12 am

Yeah, as spotthedifference said, the "wrinkles" willl probably just be dry skin because BP is drying. Make sure to moisturize if that happens. Good luck and hang in there!

MemberMember
(@dejaclairevoyant)

Posted : 01/05/2013 11:59 am

I am currently debating going back to using BP after two different attempts to go off it. During the first attempt (back in 2007) I developed such severe acne when I went off that people were staring on the streets. I'm talking, severe severe acne. It was so horrible my boss ended up pulling me aside and asking what was being done about it (I worked in customer service) because people were concerned... it ended up almost killing me because the acne was so severe it never healed and was just open sores on my face all the time. Then it got infected with staph and I had to go to the hospital and get put on heavy-duty antibiotics.

After that, I decided that I should go back on the medicine.

Flash forward to the end of 2011. I thought I had healed with diet enough to go off BP again. I was concerned, because as you said, it does cause some wrinkles and aging of the skin (anyone who says it doesn't is wrong). I went off it and spent all of 2012 trying to heal naturally.

And now here I am. Severe acne again. And debating giving up and accepting that I may need chemicals the rest of my life.

It's a very hard thing to accept. And my skin wasn't 100% clear on BP either. But it was much more clear. And here is something we need to keep in mind about wrinkles: BP is bad for aging the skin, but so is acne. In fact, something a lot of people don't know is that severe, deep acne can actually permanently damage the collagen production in your face, meaning that it could age your skin in a way that is very difficult to fix. The lumps and pits of acne scars are terrible for aging. Probably worse than BP! So naturally, if you can have good skin without BP that's better, but if you have severe acne, you will probably be better off, aging wise, by using a medication that can reduce how bad it is.

You say you have mild acne though. My acne is really bad. If I had mild acne, I wouldn't be considering using BP. The choice is yours.

MemberMember
(@mjri94)

Posted : 01/05/2013 2:41 pm

how much would you use?? and did you end up clearing your acne? and yeah, just don't know what to do at all. feel really intense inside.

I used half the length of my middle finger, it helped a little bit in preventing new acne but it was best at clearing up what was already there.

MemberMember
(@snsdgirl14)

Posted : 01/05/2013 5:35 pm

DON'T think of giving up now! You've even told us that your acne is mild, not severe. I hate to be that person, but reminding yourself that it could be MUCH worse often helps put you into perspective. Think of all the successful people in the world you know - surely, they've had personal issues to overcome that were very hard for them, whether it be acne or something else. But they pushed through and made a life for themselves. You're only 18, don't throw away your life for something like acne.

First off, you've had it for a year. Acne has an average lifespan of 4 - 8 years. Keyword: average, meaning it might be different for you. I know that seems like forever, but I promise you, time goes by faster than it seems. I've been living with acne for 4 years now and just knowing that one day it will end, or at least get milder, gives me hope. And those 4 years have gone by fast!

If you look around you, you'll see NO person has perfect skin. Whether it be acne, freckles, moles, skin tags, what-have-you, everyone has at least one imperfect thing about them. And acne is one of the most common skin diseases in the world. I see so many people with acne all the time. I assure you, even though you may be thinking everyone's staring at you, they're more than likely not. Acne is so common nowadays that most people look past it. At least, I do. The only reason why I notice other people's skin so much is because I'm so critical of my own.

Please be strong. Look into therapy if you think it will help. Anything can be overcome and just know one day this problem won't plague you anymore. You can get through it.

MemberMember
(@user174136)

Posted : 01/06/2013 9:03 am

Oh, forgot to mention - I wash my face with a green tea bag every morning, let it dry completley then wash it off. Takes away the roughness that the BP causes.