Notifications
Clear all

Acne "cured" While On Holiday - Now Back To Normal...why?

MemberMember
(@ross2012)

Posted : 01/04/2013 12:34 am

Hey guys!

I went on holiday last month for two weeks to Miami and the Caribbean. I got a tan and my spots almost completely dried up. Some days, I wouldn't get any. Some days, maybe I'd get a couple of whiteheads.

This continued once I got home for a while - the odd spot appearing, but mostly, a clear face.

Now, I've been back almost a month, I've lost pretty much all of the tan and my spots are coming back. This morning I woke up with about 7-10 new "whitehead" breakouts. I haven't changed the way I wash/cleanse my face.

Any ideas why this is happening?! Thanks.

MemberMember
(@sheraz)

Posted : 01/04/2013 1:09 am

A vacation means dietary change, so what you're eating definitely could be an issue.

Maybe you drank more water?

The sun does dry out your skin, and drying the skin would reduce the acne, so that could also be the cause.

Just my 2 cents

MemberMember
(@ross2012)

Posted : 01/04/2013 2:23 pm

A vacation means dietary change, so what you're eating definitely could be an issue.

Maybe you drank more water?

The sun does dry out your skin, and drying the skin would reduce the acne, so that could also be the cause.

Just my 2 cents

I didn't drink more water and the diet change wasn't exactly great - burgers, fries etc! - so my diet is definitely more healthy at home.

Maybe it's the drying out...

Thanks for your reply!

MemberMember
(@binga)

Posted : 01/04/2013 2:34 pm

Sea salt

MemberMember
(@rumplesilkskin)

Posted : 01/04/2013 2:57 pm

The sun will dry out the skin, only problem is u had to come home!

Have u tried asprin as a face mask? I swear by it, really really helped dry my spots out last year. And when i started seeing an improvement i felt better about myself thus i was less stressed and producing less spots :)

Win-win situation

x

MemberMember
(@ross2012)

Posted : 01/04/2013 4:08 pm

Sea salt

I did do a fair bit of swimming!

The sun will dry out the skin, only problem is u had to come home!

Have u tried asprin as a face mask? I swear by it, really really helped dry my spots out last year. And when i started seeing an improvement i felt better about myself thus i was less stressed and producing less spots smile.png

Win-win situation

x

Coming home is always the problem!

Hmm, aspirin face mask? I might have to give that a try...thanks!

MemberMember
(@ind1g0)

Posted : 01/04/2013 5:22 pm

Look into vitamin D deficiency

MemberMember
(@miss-soloist)

Posted : 01/04/2013 5:57 pm

Hey guys!

I went on holiday last month for two weeks to Miami and the Caribbean. I got a tan and my spots almost completely dried up. Some days, I wouldn't get any. Some days, maybe I'd get a couple of whiteheads.

This continued once I got home for a while - the odd spot appearing, but mostly, a clear face.

Now, I've been back almost a month, I've lost pretty much all of the tan and my spots are coming back. This morning I woke up with about 7-10 new "whitehead" breakouts. I haven't changed the way I wash/cleanse my face.

Any ideas why this is happening?! Thanks.

Have you thought of trying blue light? Some people's acne responds to the blue light wave omitted by sunlight which can clear up their acne. I tried this but it sadly didn't work for me but then again my acne is cystic and quite frankly a nightmare, but this could be promising for you!

http://www.lustrepurelight.com/

MemberMember
(@rumplesilkskin)

Posted : 01/04/2013 6:11 pm

Its proper term is salicylic acid, its ridiculously cheap too! When u crush a few up in the palm of ur hand, mix in a little water and damp it on ur problem areas, it fizzes up into ur pore's and cleans them right out

Hope u see an improvement soon

x

Hey miss soloist, have you any idea how much it costs for treatments? Just checked the link u left but didnt see a price

x

MemberMember
(@miss-soloist)

Posted : 01/04/2013 6:59 pm

It's a portable device which you can buy and use at home. It's expensive at 299, but if it works for your acne it's a small price to pay.

Are you on accutane rumplesilkskin? Sure i read you were somewhere?!

MemberMember
(@rumplesilkskin)

Posted : 01/05/2013 4:11 am

That would work out well over 300 euro, maybe ill start saving for one :)

Yeah, I'm on week six now, just waiting for an unruly couple of spots to clear! Are u or have u been on it?

x

MemberMember
(@miss-soloist)

Posted : 01/05/2013 6:25 am

I'm just about to start. I'm pretty scared though. I've never used it before, I have the pills but i have to have a bloodtest on Tuesday then I can start provided it comes back ok.

MemberMember
(@williamrickard)

Posted : 01/05/2013 8:16 am

Danne Montague King is the stuff you want, i've been using it 6 months. Check out my blog, there are clinics all over the world.

Will x

MemberMember
(@ringoffire)

Posted : 01/05/2013 12:46 pm

Yeah, short term there's nothing better than being on the beach and in the sea under the sun, for me atleast. However, since the sun drys your skin out, the skin starts to produce more sebum which can make you break out even more.

MemberMember
(@xxyy)

Posted : 01/05/2013 2:47 pm

Danne Montague King is the stuff you want, i've been using it 6 months. Check out my blog, there are clinics all over the world.

Will x

I've no doubt that it works as your results are incredible but i dread to even imagine how much it costs.

MemberMember
(@tritonxiv)

Posted : 01/05/2013 2:58 pm

While on vacation, did you have less orgasms than usual? If so, that could certainly be a factor.

http://www.acne.org/messageboard/index.php/topic/275132-masturbation-acne-experiement-2010-2011-2012/

MemberMember
(@rumplesilkskin)

Posted : 01/05/2013 3:09 pm

I'm just about to start. I'm pretty scared though. I've never used it before, I have the pills but i have to have a bloodtest on Tuesday then I can start provided it comes back ok.

sent u private mail

x

MemberMember
(@rumplesilkskin)

Posted : 01/05/2013 3:26 pm

While on vacation, did you have less orgasms than usual? If so, that could certainly be a factor.

http://www.acne.org/...2010-2011-2012/

Haha is this for real? Never dreamed that could have an effect on acne.. Theres my lesson for the day :)

MemberMember
(@exister)

Posted : 01/05/2013 3:41 pm

Acne is a mental condition.

MemberMember
(@user146096)

Posted : 01/05/2013 6:30 pm

Difference in the air/atmosphere, I'm sure of it. Whenever I go home, back to the Carribean, my skin behaves like a normal person's. We have crap air and water in the West.

MemberMember
(@tritonxiv)

Posted : 01/05/2013 9:53 pm

Haha is this for real? Never dreamed that could have an effect on acne.. Theres my lesson for the day smile.png

Excessive orgasms were the sole trigger of my acne. Once I began to abstain, I cleared up 100%.

That being said, it appears to affect males more often than females.

MemberMember
(@ross2012)

Posted : 01/06/2013 12:32 am

Hey guys! I went on holiday last month for two weeks to Miami and the Caribbean. I got a tan and my spots almost completely dried up. Some days, I wouldn't get any. Some days, maybe I'd get a couple of whiteheads. This continued once I got home for a while - the odd spot appearing, but mostly, a clear face. Now, I've been back almost a month, I've lost pretty much all of the tan and my spots are coming back. This morning I woke up with about 7-10 new "whitehead" breakouts. I haven't changed the way I wash/cleanse my face. Any ideas why this is happening?! Thanks.

Have you thought of trying blue light? Some people's acne responds to the blue light wave omitted by sunlight which can clear up their acne. I tried this but it sadly didn't work for me but then again my acne is cystic and quite frankly a nightmare, but this could be promising for you! http://www.lustrepurelight.com/

Hmm, I'll keep that in mind and give it a go if my next few attempts at things don't work. Thanks!

Its proper term is salicylic acid, its ridiculously cheap too! When u crush a few up in the palm of ur hand, mix in a little water and damp it on ur problem areas, it fizzes up into ur pore's and cleans them right out Hope u see an improvement soon x Hey miss soloist, have you any idea how much it costs for treatments? Just checked the link u left but didnt see a price x

Thank you. Definitely going to give this a go. :)

Well, there was a little bit of Monica in my life, a little bit of Erica by my side. A little bit of Rita's all I need, a little bit of Tina's what I see.

A little bit of Sandra in the sun, a little bit of Mary all night long, a little bit of Jessica here I am...

I lose track after that.

MemberMember
(@exister)

Posted : 01/06/2013 1:54 am

Haha is this for real? Never dreamed that could have an effect on acne.. Theres my lesson for the day smile.png

Excessive orgasms were the sole trigger of my acne. Once I began to abstain, I cleared up 100%.

I believe you convinced yourself that abstaining would work and so it did. It wasn't the abstaining but believing that it worked that cleared your skin. Either way, congratulations.

MemberMember
(@rumplesilkskin)

Posted : 01/06/2013 2:07 am

Hey guys! I went on holiday last month for two weeks to Miami and the Caribbean. I got a tan and my spots almost completely dried up. Some days, I wouldn't get any. Some days, maybe I'd get a couple of whiteheads. This continued once I got home for a while - the odd spot appearing, but mostly, a clear face. Now, I've been back almost a month, I've lost pretty much all of the tan and my spots are coming back. This morning I woke up with about 7-10 new "whitehead" breakouts. I haven't changed the way I wash/cleanse my face. Any ideas why this is happening?! Thanks.

Have you thought of trying blue light? Some people's acne responds to the blue light wave omitted by sunlight which can clear up their acne. I tried this but it sadly didn't work for me but then again my acne is cystic and quite frankly a nightmare, but this could be promising for you! http://www.lustrepurelight.com/

Hmm, I'll keep that in mind and give it a go if my next few attempts at things don't work. Thanks!

Its proper term is salicylic acid, its ridiculously cheap too! When u crush a few up in the palm of ur hand, mix in a little water and damp it on ur problem areas, it fizzes up into ur pore's and cleans them right out Hope u see an improvement soon x Hey miss soloist, have you any idea how much it costs for treatments? Just checked the link u left but didnt see a price x

Thank you. Definitely going to give this a go. smile.png

Well, there was a little bit of Monica in my life, a little bit of Erica by my side. A little bit of Rita's all I need, a little bit of Tina's what I see.

A little bit of Sandra in the sun, a little bit of Mary all night long, a little bit of Jessica here I am...

I lose track after that.

I believe you convinced yourself that abstaining would work and so it did. It wasn't the abstaining but believing that it worked that cleared your skin. Either way, congratulations.

eusa_whistle.gif well slap my ass and call me sally, i'll give this a try nod.gif is there studies on this?

MemberMember
(@onefatalgoose)

Posted : 01/06/2013 6:22 am

Sea salt

I did do a fair bit of swimming!

You are not the first to achieve great skin while on vacation. And it's usually when people vacation to beach type areas that they see improvement. Not only are you going to produce more vitamin D while out in the sun, but swimming in the ocean salt water is incredible for the skin. So it's an incredible combo. And you are more relaxed while vacationing. Great combo of skin healing properties right there.

That's why many users swear by sea salt soaks at home, by adding a pure sea salt to the bath water and staying in until the skin gets prune like. Although if you do this, you need to make sure your water isn't treated with chemicals. If it is, then you really need a shower or bath filter. You can purchase them online. Otherwise you will soaking in loads of chlorine/fluoride/various other contaminates that pollute treated water supplies. Also you can add a fair amount of salt to the bath water. Some people add three boxes, while others only add one. I'm sure the ideal concentration is the concentration found in sea water.

eusa_whistle.gif well slap my ass and call me sally, i'll give this a try nod.gif is there studies on this?

Hilarious.