Notifications
Clear all

Spiro Worked For Me, (Pics)

MemberMember
(@viasidd)

Posted : 01/04/2013 12:05 am

So these are before and after pictures of using spironolactone.

My older post talks about all the details.

I'm on 50mg right now and I'm probably going to move up to 75mg these week, but I've been on spiro for about 3 months now and it's great.

I dont have side effects like high potassium and low blood pressure, but I haven't checked yet...

Good luck on your journeys :)

BTW, the pictures are flipped sideways...it would help to flip them correctly. :)

post-181138-0-13796500-1357275785_thumb.

post-181138-0-50059800-1357275874_thumb.

post-181138-0-13796500-1357275785_thumb.

post-181138-0-50059800-1357275874_thumb.

MemberMember
(@blissbalance)

Posted : 01/04/2013 12:09 am

Your skin looks so much better rolleyes.gif

MemberMember
(@viasidd)

Posted : 01/04/2013 12:14 am

Your skin looks so much better rolleyes.gif

thank you! :)

MemberMember
(@mommabear)

Posted : 01/04/2013 11:14 am

Nice!! You saw that much improvement on 50 mg of spironolactone? Interesting. It makes me wonder if everyone should start out on lower amounts and then SLOWLY increase dosage.

So happy for you! :)

MemberMember
(@viasidd)

Posted : 01/04/2013 3:28 pm

Nice!! You saw that much improvement on 50 mg of spironolactone? Interesting. It makes me wonder if everyone should start out on lower amounts and then SLOWLY increase dosage.

So happy for you! smile.png

Yeah, I was really impressed. I think everyone should start little. I started with 25mg which helped a tad with imflammation then 50mg basically cleared most of it. So i think it just takes time.

and Thank you! :)

MemberMember
(@mandycollins)

Posted : 01/24/2013 12:54 pm

I have been on Spiro for 17 days now. 25 mg twice a day. No side effects at all. I see little changes, mostly with my overly production of oils on my face and in my hair. I use to blot 5 to 7 times a days with or without makeup(more with makeup). 17 days on Spiro and I don't blot at all anymore even with MAKEUP ON! I might get a few little white heads(3 to 4) but not as much as usual(25 to 40). I do have deeper cysts right now (2) but they are going away fast. I'm completely happy with the results so far. Another month on 25mg twice a day than I'm going up. I hope my results will be as good as yours! So excited and happy for you!

MemberMember
(@viasidd)

Posted : 02/05/2013 11:18 pm

I have been on Spiro for 17 days now. 25 mg twice a day. No side effects at all. I see little changes, mostly with my overly production of oils on my face and in my hair. I use to blot 5 to 7 times a days with or without makeup(more with makeup). 17 days on Spiro and I don't blot at all anymore even with MAKEUP ON! I might get a few little white heads(3 to 4) but not as much as usual(25 to 40). I do have deeper cysts right now (2) but they are going away fast. I'm completely happy with the results so far. Another month on 25mg twice a day than I'm going up. I hope my results will be as good as yours! So excited and happy for you!

That's really good! Yeah, the key is to stick with it! Just give it 3 months...you're skin might break out during month 2, but by month 3, all should be super good hopefully. I hope your result end up great!

Good luck! :)

That's really good! Yeah, the key is to stick with it! Just give it 3 months...you're skin might break out during month 2, but by month 3, all should be super good hopefully. And it's good that you're starting off slow...the issue is that ppl start with super high doses and it makes your body go crazy. Just bump up the dose next month to 50mg, and then if you wanna go a little bit higher after that, I would do 75mg. I hope your results end up great!

Good luck! smile.png

MemberMember
(@leelowe1)

Posted : 02/14/2013 9:17 pm

Hey! I remember when you first started on this board. So happy you found something that works for you. Do you plan on doing a topical with spiro? Are you still breaking out or is that just healing acne?

MemberMember
(@viasidd)

Posted : 03/02/2013 10:42 pm

Well I'm actually on 5th month now and I'm breaking out a little bit around my chin area...not quite sure what's the reason for that.

So I'm using a little bit on Bp for that. But otherwise I'm on 75 now:) I'm not quite sure if I should go down back to 50mg? Or up to 100mg. I'm worried about that breakout lol

But thank you!

Hey! I remember when you first started on this board. So happy you found something that works for you. Do you plan on doing a topical with spiro? Are you still breaking out or is that just healing acne?

MemberMember
(@leelowe1)

Posted : 03/03/2013 8:21 am

Usually there is a breakout everytime you change dosages so i wouldn't stress it too much. How are you going to treat your acne topically?

Good Luck!

MemberMember
(@viasidd)

Posted : 03/03/2013 8:45 pm

Usually there is a breakout everytime you change dosages so i wouldn't stress it too much. How are you going to treat your acne topically?

Good Luck!

Well right now I'm using a regular neutrogena face wash morning and night.I use a face oil free face lotion during the day. And I also put benzoyl peroxide on white heads at night. Occasionally i get 1-2 cysts and I just leave those alone because nothing really can be done to help them.

I'm also kinda late on my menstation cycle all of a sudden...so I'm not sure what to do about that. I'm not trying to go on bcp Lol.

How is your acne journey going btw?:) I forgot to ask.

MemberMember
(@leelowe1)

Posted : 03/04/2013 5:45 pm

I hear you on the BC thing. BC was the worst thing i ever did for acne. Spiro can mess with periods so make sure to let your derm know on your next visit. As for BP, it is supposed to be a preventative measure, stopping your acne from coming up after a few months. Have you tried the regimen?

My acne journey is going slowlyyyyyyyyyyyy. It is much better than it was but acne is still persistant....such is life i suppose.

MemberMember
(@viasidd)

Posted : 03/05/2013 3:08 am

I hear you on the BC thing. BC was the worst thing i ever did for acne. Spiro can mess with periods so make sure to let your derm know on your next visit. As for BP, it is supposed to be a preventative measure, stopping your acne from coming up after a few months. Have you tried the regimen?

My acne journey is going slowlyyyyyyyyyyyy. It is much better than it was but acne is still persistant....such is life i suppose.

I actually tried to regimen 2 years ago and it helped a little bit, but i was tired of slathering bp all over my face and skin dryness...I had to use 5 pumps of lotion to help with flaking...

But yeah..

Ugh, I just got 2 more pimples...I'm kinda freaking out...I hope this is a miniature breakout. I've been on 75mg for over a month now.