Notifications
Clear all

Zinc Cut My Acne In Half

MemberMember
(@acnegoaway54)

Posted : 01/03/2013 11:35 pm

i am not talking about zinc oxide. i am talking about zinc the element. i assume most of you on here already know about it. this is for those who don't. zinc in no way cured my acne. but it did make it significantly better. that happened about 3 months ago. basically i would have about 40 white heads in one week. zinc the element makes it so i only have 15-20. all i take is 30 mg a day and it has still worked all this time. i still have acne but it is nothing like that it was before. it was a nightmare before. now it is managable. zinc people! make sure you get zinc chelated though. that is the only one that has ever worked for me. i tried zinc methionine and it didn't work. for me i saw results in about 2-3 weeks. its been great and when i went off it 4 weeks ago i broke out like nobody's business. the zinc is awesome. 30mg is safe and it won't cure your acne but it should cut it down a bunch. i just wanted to make sure everyone knew about it. grinwink.gif

MemberMember
(@nakedsmurf)

Posted : 01/03/2013 11:43 pm

I got clear skin with vitamin A 8k ui

B5 6 grams

And zinc 25 mg

But I only take b5 now because zinc n vitamin A was making my stomach sick.

MemberMember
(@syrupop)

Posted : 01/04/2013 12:31 am

yes taking zinc has help my acne alot

MemberMember
(@h0peful11)

Posted : 01/05/2013 11:55 pm

Hello I am using generic tretinoin cream 0.025%. Do you have any idea if zinc tablets will help with the inital breakout?

MemberMember
(@misssac17)

Posted : 01/09/2013 8:39 am

Good to hear. For the past 2 weeks I have been taking zinc picolinate 50mg once a day. I was wodnering though, is there any specific time of day one should ingest these?

MemberMember
(@user174136)

Posted : 01/11/2013 8:27 am

Zinc should be taken at least 2 hours either before or after a multivitamin.

MemberMember
(@coffeetea)

Posted : 01/12/2013 9:22 pm

Good to hear. For the past 2 weeks I have been taking zinc picolinate 50mg once a day. I was wodnering though, is there any specific time of day one should ingest these?

its a mineral, doesn't really matter. If you're taking a high dosage of zinc, be sure to get take copper along with it. However, you should be supplementing with some copper anyway (especially if your zinc doesn't have copper along with it).

As stated by the other poster, avoid taking it along with a multi-vitamin since it will fight for absorption with certain other vitamins.

MemberMember
(@acnegoaway54)

Posted : 01/13/2013 12:59 pm

i take mine in the morning and they always work

its a mineral, doesn't really matter. If you're taking a high dosage of zinc, be sure to get take copper along with it. However, you should be supplementing with some copper anyway (especially if your zinc doesn't have copper along with it).

As stated by the other poster, avoid taking it along with a multi-vitamin since it will fight for absorption with certain other vitamins.

yes exactly. it competes with copper and iron as far as i know. i recomend the chelated one as it has never failed me.