Clear all

Am I Scarred For Life Im Scared :/

MemberMember
(@frenchy13)

Posted : 01/03/2013 9:59 pm

Hello everyone well im currently a doorman

and it was the last half an hour at a club

and we was closing up then a fight broke out so i tried staying a distance

then all i saw was this type of hot liquidy thing go all over my face when one of them must of sprayed or thrown it when it missed people

at first when it hit me it blinded me so i thought it was mase but the affect it has had on my face is really scary to me

beforehand my face was fine wasn't this bad at all infact had cleared from growing up

im scared to leave my house and feel depressed and its less than three days old this happened

i remember being in the toilet using water to clear my eyes because i thought it was mase but their must of been a strong chemical.

my skin was coming up with yellow blotches across my face but when i applied water it made it darken at this time

honestly am i scarred forever because i start studying soon and im really scared and depressed to leave home looking like this

any help would be really appreciated...

post-194183-0-33350700-1357268338_thumb.

post-194183-0-31294500-1357268373_thumb.

post-194183-0-33350700-1357268338_thumb.

post-194183-0-31294500-1357268373_thumb.

MemberMember
(@ls206816)

Posted : 01/03/2013 10:02 pm

Have you seen a doctor or dermatologist yet? They will be able to help.

MemberMember
(@frenchy13)

Posted : 01/03/2013 10:10 pm

hello mate ive been to the A&E hospital on the same morning and they just gave me drops because my left eye was slightly blind but didn't give me nothing for my face and said wind or air would solve it which im scared to think actually won't :/

MemberMember
(@brarei200)

Posted : 01/04/2013 1:07 am

First off, I'd go back to the club and beat that guys ass.

Second, I go to the manager and tell him you want this fixed and your not paying for it.

Third, go to the Derm with your companys money.

MemberMember
(@a-p)

Posted : 01/04/2013 1:54 am

Defiantly a chemical burn :( so sorry this happened to you. Keep the lesions clean and put antibiotic ointment on them. If it becomes itchy you can use anti itch cream.

MemberMember
(@italiangeek)

Posted : 01/04/2013 7:45 am

This sucks man! I would go back to a doctor and demand some help

MemberMember
(@frenchy13)

Posted : 01/04/2013 11:36 am

The thing was everyone was just trying to say its mase but i was thinking mase would only affect the eye and not skin

do you guys know if this is permenant :/ im so stressed and i dont want to touch my face

are dermatologists expensive ive been in my house just not leaving or nothing

MemberMember
(@italiangeek)

Posted : 01/04/2013 1:49 pm

Not sure if anyone can say whether its perminant or not apart from the Drs. But keep in mind that the skin can recover from alot over time, so don't give up hope

MemberMember
(@frenchy13)

Posted : 01/04/2013 5:10 pm

I have been just given something called BIO-Oil instead of using lavander and i been reading around and im not sure whether this should be put on my face so what would you guys recommend is this actually good or wastes your money i haven't used no products just incase it makes it worser .....?

thanks

MemberMember
(@miss-soloist)

Posted : 01/04/2013 5:53 pm

Personally i wouldn't put anything on your face until you see a Dermatologist. Bio-oil is usually used for scarring but it's very important you get this checked out by a professional. You don't want to make it any worse. I know you're scared and desperate to get this sorted but don't mess with products unless they've been prescribed by a Derm. You can get this better i'm sure but under the right supervision.

MemberMember
(@green-gables)

Posted : 01/04/2013 7:25 pm

I believe that mace has a small amount of tear gas in a neutral base liquid.

If the guy had a stronger percentage of tear gas, like black market mace or something, then it would permanent burn the skin.

Frankly dude it looks like a chemical burn and you may have to get it lasered off. BioOil won't do anything.

MemberMember
(@frenchy13)

Posted : 01/04/2013 9:00 pm

Wow seriously i deffinately know i haven't got the money for any laser treatment or nothing damn this is a bit traumatizing im sure their must be another way to get rid of this :( :/

MemberMember
(@green-gables)

Posted : 01/04/2013 11:08 pm

Wow seriously i deffinately know i haven't got the money for any laser treatment or nothing damn this is a bit traumatizing im sure their must be another way to get rid of this sad.png :/

You can get one IPL for $100-$200 now. One treatment won't get rid of it but it will lighten it. You can get treatments spaced out as you can afford them.

Really your only other options are

Prescription Retin A cream. This is more expensive than laser in the long run. It costs me $120 for 4 oz. and that's with insurance. I've been using it for years and only seen very small improvements in my acne scars...nothing like your burn marks.

Hydroquinone cream. You can get this fairly cheap OTC, but it will take a very long time to lighten marks as dark as that and probably won't get rid of it 100%. But hydroquinone has been proven to lighten discoloration and is going to work way better than BioOil. Here is one you can get at Walgreens for $4.

Not trying to make you feel worse, just speaking from years of experience treating scars...I've done everything and spent thousands of dollars on stuff that doesn't work. Laser is the only thing that truly works...at least we have laser now, a few decades ago and you would've been completely screwed with no hope.

MemberMember
(@miss-soloist)

Posted : 01/05/2013 6:48 am

Another thing frenchy13, don't lose hope. There is always hope you can improve this. Like Green Gables said there are treatments like lasers. Even if you cannot afford them now, the treatment is still there and it's something you can always save towards. There are types of camoflague make-up's too if it really bothers you(i know it's prob not the most comfortable thing in the workd for a man to do but there's always that option). Dermaflague is one.

Whilst i don't have chemical burns I now have acne, acne scarring (the type that leaves holes in your face!) and a very very sh*tty complexion. 6 months ago I was flawless and blissfully happy, now I'm desperate to find a way out of this nightmare. I can deeply sympathise with your situation but you'll probably have to accept this is going to take quite a long time to fix. I'm traumatised too, it's like my face isn't mine anymore. And it all seemed to happen so quickly. I wake up feeling anxious and sick but I try not to lose hope that I can fix it. You'll be stronger person once you get through this and we'll all be here to help you and give the best advice we can.

MemberMember
(@user174136)

Posted : 01/05/2013 7:06 am

I can't see your photo but I had a chemical burn from nail polish remover on my cheek that literally peeled off after giving it some time.

MemberMember
(@justmeuk)

Posted : 01/30/2013 6:00 am

I don't think you should have to pay anything to resolve this, it is your employers responsibility and they have a duty of care towards you. They must have insurance to cover this. Have you spoken to your employer? If they don't offer any help you should seek legal advice asap.

Definitely don't do anything to your skin until you have spoken to a dermatologist, get professional advice.