Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
aak114

Accutane Questions

I have three questions that I would love some help answering. I am currently on my second course of Accutane and am wondering:

1. Are success rates higher on second or third courses than on first courses?

2. Is long-term remission more likely for patients with milder acne? (assuming the same cumulative dose is taken)

3. How much of a difference is there in remission rates between 120mg/kg cumulatively and 150mg/kg?

I am currently trying to evaluate how successful my second course will be assuming I take around 120-130mg/kg (depending on answers to question 3). I am 18 years old and have milder (but persistent) acne, though it has gotten better since starting Accutane. My first course gave me clear skin for about a year though I didn't fully complete the course. I have a little over a month left on my 6 month course and am debating whether I should finish at 120mg/kg or 130mg/kg cumulatively and how effective this course of Accutane will be for me.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Its a question that no one can answer definitively as acne affects people different ways. I am on my third course after trying diet changes, supplements, topicals, bc, etc, etc, etc and during my 1st 2 courses i was in remission for about 2 years in between. I know my acne will come back but i don't know what else to do. My acne seems more resistant to accutane this time around as almost 3 months in i am still breaking out, especially in places where i never used to get acne before.

This might be your magic bullet but it also might not unless you have finally grown out of your acne.

I too am about to go on a second round of accutane. The first time I was on 70mg a day for 5 months and it came back within 6 months.

I too am about to go on a second round of accutane. The first time I was on 70mg a day for 5 months and it came back within 6 months.

Yeah mine came back within a year but I am pretty sure I stopped taking it last time before I reached 120mg/kg so I'm hoping a full treatment at 130mg/kg this time might put it away for good