Notifications
Clear all

My Experiences With Retin-A (Tretinoin) W/ Photos

MemberMember
(@jayy562)

Posted : 01/03/2013 2:05 am

Hello, this is my first post on this website after i finally decided to make an account

A little BG information

Acne since 10 years old

I am 15 years old

Filipino/Asian

Live in Southern California

I consider my skin Combination of Oily/Dry Dry in Winter, Oily in Summer but mostly always oily.

Was only clear every once or twice in a 5 year span

During 7-8th Grade, I had long hair that covered my forehead. I was unsure to cut my hair because the long hair helped cover my acne, but i sucked it up and cut my hair thinking the long hair was causing acne. Back in those days i didnt give a damn about what people thought. During Freshman year i was pretty much clear, with only few minor exceptions, as in breakouts every 2 or 3 months. But now, during sophmore year, i am waaaaay insecure about my face. i dont like talking as much in class anymore because i dont want to be the center of attention even though i always used to be. I always try to not hang out with my friends and just go straight home. i was "clear" for the first month of school (Sept) but i had these little white bumps between my eyes and i think they are closed comedones or clogged pores photo

here seem to be popping up on my forehead and sides of my face CAN SOMEONE TELL ME WHAT THEY ARE?!!!!!!!. Then all hell broke loose during mid October. started getting BIG, and i Mean BIG pimples and the little

bumps still. I dont remember my regimen but it was pretty weak, i used to use the clean and clear 3 step advantage regimen or something. THAT cleared me up but for some reason it stopped working and i broke out MORE so it is now Jan 2, 2013 still struggling hoping to reach the end of the tunnel.

Weeeeelllll after finally going to my doctor, they prescribed me:

Retin-A (Tretinoin) 0.025%

and

Clindamycin Phosphate Topical Gel 1%

My regimen every day

Morning

Apply Clindamycin 1% Topical Gel

Night

Wait 15-20 Mins

Apply Retin-A 0.025%

(Tiny bit more than Pea Size)

Started using Retin-A on Dec 7th, 2012

WEEK 1 12/14/12

After one week of use, nothing much changed on my face only a few pimples were new I forgot to take a starting picture before so ill just say that i was a little bit better than this, but still had acne my face was VERRY flaky and dry im guessing due to the Tretinoin.

IMG_0455_zps317339d1.pngACNE_zpsf29b0a2f.pngCapture-1_zpsed27b28b.png

MemberMember
(@asianacne44)

Posted : 01/03/2013 7:08 pm

im on the same retin a and topical antibiotic regimen. the results are slow but, gotta stick with it

MemberMember
(@jayy562)

Posted : 01/12/2013 1:49 am

Well its been 5 weeks and not that much improvement, but ive been starting to get not as self concious at school. If someone asks why i have so many pimples, it kills in side, but i say something like, nah im on this medicine my doctor gave me, it takes a long time for it to work. Skin still kinda dry, and still using same regimen.

IMG_0700_zpsb748f962.pngIMG_0697_zpse8cbd0b4.pngIMG_0698_zpsfa5c90aa.png

MemberMember
(@jayy562)

Posted : 01/19/2013 2:26 am

WEEK 6 1/18/13

More pimples on my sides. Red marks where pimples used to be, on my forehead wont go away still same as week 5. still gonna continue.. i'll wait to see what happens after a year. I can wait.

IMG_0767_zpsf652b1a3.pngIMG_0765_zps9624fad5.pngIMG_0766_zpsfe91afaf.png

MemberMember
(@adreamer)

Posted : 01/30/2013 6:07 pm

By May your skin will be beautiful. And please, don't think skin problems can define someone's opinion of you.

I know people see through it. I've also liked(to weak a word but words can only be words)a man before with skin issues(funny saying that in a way like he was some sort of a special specie); I never thought about it, not even once! Acne is invisible to the feelings.

The thing I liked about him especially is the fact he kept his head so high up and was so unaware of how he looked - such a magnetic characteristic.

Don't forget to drink a lot of water, it will help your skin to cooperate better.

smile.png

MemberMember
(@jayy562)

Posted : 03/22/2013 1:03 am

WEEK 15 3/22/13

Wow, its been so long since i updated. Anyways, im pretty happy with the results so far, My forehead is pretty clear, but there are just red marks. Like if i feel my forehead, its super smooth. The only thing is my cheeks, its pretty much been the same throughout the whole process. But w/e its not bothering me. I've learned to not give a F$%# about what anyone says. Havent missed a day sonce the last update. Same regime. :)

hii_zps7dc3327f.png

hiii_zps39a7250f.png

hi-1_zpsd760acb2.png

MemberMember
(@13yearsofacne)

Posted : 03/27/2013 4:40 pm

wow very impressive results.

MemberMember
(@yunchang)

Posted : 04/25/2014 1:19 pm

hey how are you doing nowadays? great results! amazing.