Notifications
Clear all

Why Isn't Accutane( Claravis) Working For Me?

MemberMember
(@clear-skin-dreamer)

Posted : 01/01/2013 4:15 pm

I did 2 months completed but had to stop for a month and a half because of my insurance. Anyway I got back on the medicine on October 24 and its January 1st and have seen little to no improvement . it's my 5 th month when would it start to clear my acne?

MemberMember
(@yupmetoo)

Posted : 01/01/2013 6:17 pm

I've heard that even if it seems like accutane is doing nothing, after you stop your skin will clear. I read one post of a guy who saw literally no improvement in his cystic acne until after his 5 month course was over. hang in there dude.

MemberMember
(@sheraz)

Posted : 01/03/2013 12:50 am

Hello!

First off, I want to say that I have not taken Accutane but am VERY interested in taking it and was told by my dermatologist to begin taking it. As such, I've done extensive research and found that the perks of Accutane will definitely come into play with 100% of its users -- the question is always: when?

For you, depending on the severity of your acne, it could be any month. Some people seen major differences within only 1 month, while others tend to see it within month 4. Stick with it, make sure you take it everyday, and you will see results -- eventually! Just dont stop.

As for foods, it definitely matters but its not something as significant as hormonal changes and all that fun stuff. Stay away from fried and drink LOTS of water!

All the best

MemberMember
(@clear-skin-dreamer)

Posted : 01/03/2013 2:59 pm

thank you because I'm starting to get pretty discouraged. because I'm halfway through month 3 and have seen no results.

MemberMember
(@ls206816)

Posted : 01/03/2013 4:52 pm

Stick with it! Eventually you will see results!!

MemberMember
(@clear-skin-dreamer)

Posted : 01/03/2013 6:30 pm

do you guys think claravis works the same as accutane by Roche ?

MemberMember
(@green-gables)

Posted : 01/04/2013 11:25 pm

Dr. Hyman research on how dairy and sugar create acne

Also if your acne is hormonal, Accutane won't cure you

MemberMember
(@darkdragoon)

Posted : 01/11/2013 1:16 am

Dr. Hyman research on how dairy and sugar create acne

Also if your acne is hormonal, Accutane won't cure you

All acne is hormonal.

MemberMember
(@likewatchingtv)

Posted : 01/13/2013 6:54 am

u might just need a higer dosage.. if ur on 40mg once a day try asking for 80mg once a day...