Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Clear skin dreamer

Why Isn't Accutane( Claravis) Working For Me?

I did 2 months completed but had to stop for a month and a half because of my insurance. Anyway I got back on the medicine on October 24 and its January 1st and have seen little to no improvement . it's my 5 th month when would it start to clear my acne?

I've heard that even if it seems like accutane is doing nothing, after you stop your skin will clear. I read one post of a guy who saw literally no improvement in his cystic acne until after his 5 month course was over. hang in there dude.

Posted · Hidden by AKL, January 10, 2013 - No reason given
Hidden by AKL, January 10, 2013 - No reason given

I have been on it for 3 months I started October 24th so like 2 months and a week and I haven't seen any improvement at all. My face is most of the red and I'm still breaking out. I'm on 60 mg a day. do you guys think certain foods affect the process. I don't really experience side effects other than dry lips And dry skin. Thanks for your responses

Hello!

First off, I want to say that I have not taken Accutane but am VERY interested in taking it and was told by my dermatologist to begin taking it. As such, I've done extensive research and found that the perks of Accutane will definitely come into play with 100% of its users -- the question is always: when?

For you, depending on the severity of your acne, it could be any month. Some people seen major differences within only 1 month, while others tend to see it within month 4. Stick with it, make sure you take it everyday, and you will see results -- eventually! Just dont stop.

As for foods, it definitely matters but its not something as significant as hormonal changes and all that fun stuff. Stay away from fried and drink LOTS of water!

All the best

Stick with it! Eventually you will see results!!