Notifications
Clear all

Corn Intolerance

MemberMember
(@alexisc)

Posted : 01/02/2013 11:20 pm

Hey everyone! Just curious if anyone else here has an intolerance to corn. It is probably the worst intolerance to have because corn is in absolutely EVERYTHING. Can anyone relate?

I have found corn in yogurt, in medication I take for anxiety/panic attacks, in most supplements, in canola oil, in dry shampoo and hairspray, makeup etc. It seems almost everything in the grocery store and anywhere for that matter has some form of corn in it since it can go by other names as well (eg. matodextrin.) Corn is added to almost all alcohol so I cannot drink too. In some ways having this intolerance is a blessing forcing me to eat healthy but in other ways it is so freakin' annoying! I am also intolerant to wheat so it makes my options very limited. I found out my intolerances through an elimination diet and highly suggest anyone to do the same!

What are your intolerances? do you find it near impossible to avoid them even at all costs?

MemberMember
(@alexisc)

Posted : 01/02/2013 11:41 pm

Also forgot to say: if you have a corn intolerance DO NOT do an aspirin mask. I recently gave myself 3 cysts from this and I am not even prone to cysts. Aspirin contains corn starch as do many face washes, moisturizers, cosmetics etc. White vinegar is also derived from corn. Corn intolerance is way more common than you would suspect and I bet it is the cause for many people's acne. I never would have guessed it was the cause of mine. Most fragrance, cleaning products and aerosol sprays are derived from corn too.. they have been the cause of my migraines and migraine associated vertigo.

MemberMember
(@facevalues)

Posted : 01/03/2013 5:35 pm

Citric acid is usually from corn as well, which is strange because its name implies it'd be from, you know, CITRUS fruit.

Yeah, I don't do well with corn at all either. I think it may even be worse than gluten for me in many ways. Very acidic in the back-of-my-throat-feeling. Gives me le cysts.

MemberMember
(@alternativista)

Posted : 01/03/2013 6:48 pm

Citric acid is usually from corn as well, which is strange because its name implies it'd be from, you know, CITRUS fruit.

Yeah, I don't do well with corn at all either. I think it may even be worse than gluten for me in many ways. Very acidic in the back-of-my-throat-feeling. Gives me le cysts.

Yeah they go through crazy elaborate industrial processes to get something you can squeeze from a lemon.

MemberMember
(@facevalues)

Posted : 01/03/2013 8:07 pm

Hahaha! That's the way we make our food now, yep.