Notifications
Clear all

Issues After Accutane

MemberMember
(@deathcabforacne)

Posted : 01/02/2013 1:29 pm

Merry xmas and happy new years to everyone!

For my xmas gift, I have finally completed accutane after 7.5 months. A GREAT gift.

But I have been on accutane twice before, for a total of three times. Each time, obviously, I've relapsed and have issues with acne. My derm followed the same protocol and prescribed me retin-a micro once again for maintenance therapy after this last time. The issue is, it doesn't seem to be working for me. Each time I have applied the retin-a micro after accutane, but I end up right back where I was

My question is, are there any users out there that have experience after accutane without applying any topicals? Is it working out for you? I realize this might be an exercise in futility, since those who have successfully transitioned off accutane probably have no reason to come back to this site.

Please let me know if you can provide any insight! I'm really really sick of this vicious acne cycle, and don't think I can handle any more accutane in my life.

MemberMember
(@cw24)

Posted : 01/03/2013 12:10 pm

I was on accutane and about 5 or 6 months after i stopped I began to break out here and there. So I started using differin and thats when my face exploded again. If I go back on accutane im not going to use a retinoid after this time.

MemberMember
(@leelowe1)

Posted : 01/03/2013 9:21 pm

I did the opposite. I left my skin alone after both my accutane courses and i stayed clear for 2 years in between and then broke out. By the end of this course i want to transition to a retinoid for marks but more importantly to keep my pores clear. I think i may have acne forever as my mom still gets breakouts....sigh

MemberMember
(@deathcabforacne)

Posted : 01/03/2013 10:08 pm

Yeah that's unfortunately how I'm feeling as well. I really don't want to start another medication that I'm never going to be able to give up - I just want to be able to wash my face, moisturize and go to bed.

Any others?

MemberMember
(@deathcabforacne)

Posted : 01/07/2013 10:31 pm

bump...hoping for anyone to help out with some advice