Notifications
Clear all

Does Almond Milk Cause Acne Simple Yes Or No Question ?

MemberMember
(@dcrangersfootballclub)

Posted : 01/01/2013 12:48 pm

I need to know because i need to find a dairy free milk product ?

MemberMember
(@binga)

Posted : 01/01/2013 12:54 pm

No. It's rich in vitamin E. Try having yogurt/kefir also if it doesn't cause any problems.

MemberMember
(@acnegoaway54)

Posted : 01/01/2013 1:40 pm

yes! if it is sweetened then yes it will. if it is not sweetened then no it wont. the guy above is right about vitamin e but almonds also have a bad ratio of omega 3 to 6. the unsweetened one will not, the sweetened one will. i have been drinking the sweetened one for 6 months but i will not be stopping and starting the unsweetened one.

MemberMember
(@alternativista)

Posted : 01/01/2013 2:36 pm

Sorry, but it's not a simple yes or no question. It's a maybe. And it depends on you and the almond milk.

You can have an intolerance to almonds. And we have had people here that do and break out when they consume them. It's not common, but it's possible. And if you do, you might want to test the stone fruit almonds are related to such as peaches, cherries, plums, etc.

So 1) read the label and get an unsweetened one without any additives or make it yourself. and 2) you'll just have to try it and make sure you don't have an intolerance to it.

MemberMember
(@dcrangersfootballclub)

Posted : 01/01/2013 2:52 pm

Thank you

MemberMember
(@wishclean)

Posted : 01/20/2013 11:22 pm

My skin wasn't doing so well when I was drinking unsweetened almond milk daily. I switched to unsweetened flaxmilk (with omega 3s & other nutrients), but I'm not sure how much it's helped my diet. It's hard to find and a bit expensive, but it tastes great!

MemberMember
(@lillyrose7)

Posted : 01/24/2013 2:15 pm

i dont know, i used to make my own at home and sweetened it with a but of agave. I got breakouts when i had it maybe its just my body. even packaged unsweetend almond milk caused me to breakout. It depends on your body. A lot of things cause me to breakout, mainly nuts and dairy though they r my trigggers.

i dont know, i used to make my own at home and sweetened it with a but of agave. I got breakouts when i had it maybe its just my body. even packaged unsweetend almond milk caused me to breakout. It depends on your body. A lot of things cause me to breakout, mainly nuts and dairy though they r my trigggers.

MemberMember
(@melie87)

Posted : 07/12/2013 11:43 pm

Organic almond milk is fine for me :) it's all about how things are processed and what is added. The more natural, the better of course.

MemberMember
(@alternativista)

Posted : 07/14/2013 7:59 am

Agave is not the healthy sweetener health nuts think it is. It's pure fructose which has to be processed entirely by the liver where it will be turned to fat, triglycerides, and lead to non alcoholic fatty liver disease. They use pure fructose to induce insulin resistance in lab rats.

And many here find they break out from fructose and have to avoid or limit high fructose fruit.

MemberMember
(@sroberts89436)

Posted : 07/14/2013 2:51 pm

My skin stopped breaking out when I switched from coconut to almond milk and I drink both sweetened and unsweented. Also my headaches stopped and canker sores stopped. I don't get those symptoms as long as I stay away from coconut along with guten and dairy. Unfortuately I think it is trial and error as some people may do better with coconut than almond.

MemberMember
(@chocobot)

Posted : 07/14/2013 6:37 pm

Doesn't break me out no.

MemberMember
(@cavemaner)

Posted : 07/16/2013 8:20 pm

All I know is I get nauseous (and upset stomach) after having almond milk. Which is strange, since almonds don't do much to me besides tickle the back of my throat a bit. Maybe I'm slightly allergic?

MemberMember
(@melmel87)

Posted : 07/16/2013 8:33 pm

I drink unsweetened almond milk without an issue. If it does cause you breakouts I have seen hemp milk now at grocery stores that you could try. Coconut milk and yogurt seemed to aggravate my acne.

MemberMember
(@carambola)

Posted : 07/21/2013 5:37 pm

I personally do not seem to have problems with unsweetened almond milk.