Notifications
Clear all

Confused In Moisturizer

MemberMember
(@zoomfire)

Posted : 01/01/2013 2:26 am

I have oily skin and i am following a regimen on store supplies.I am using benzoyl peroxide gel and my skin is getting dry.

now i am confused in choosing moisturizer .as my skin is getting dry , should i get the moisturizer named for dry to normal skin or the moisturizer normal to oily skin ?

MemberMember
(@kyle_)

Posted : 01/01/2013 6:28 pm

Don't base what you buy from what they say on the bottle, first, I reccomend having a look at what other people have said about using products in the reviews section found here!

Also, if you want to be precise, have a look at what ingredients to aviod in products found on store shelvs here!

From what you wrote it sounds like your not using a moisturizer, weather you are or arn't, look for products advertised for acne prone skin, a lot of products are for people looking to improve the appearence of their skin, which don't take into account the needs of people with acne prone skin!

Looking for 'for acne prone skin', 'for sensetive skin' stuff like that.

Also, make sure you avioid products with salicylic acid, for some reason when I was looking in boots here in England, a lot of products had it in, and they didn't even say they contained in on the front of the tube! Even though it's an active ingredient. It doesn't go to well with the BP...

Best of luck!

Kyle

MemberMember
(@whitney202)

Posted : 01/17/2013 7:53 pm

CeraVe pm moisturizer is the BEST moisturizer I have ever used on my sensitive acne prone skin. It doesn't clog pores, not heavy, doesn't cause acne, continues to moisturizer throughout the night or day. You don't have to just use it at night, it would be best to use the CeraVe am moisturizer since it has SPF in it.

CeraVe pm moisturizer is the BEST moisturizer I have ever used on my sensitive acne prone skin. It doesn't clog pores, not heavy, doesn't cause acne, continues to moisturizer throughout the night or day. You don't have to just use it at night, it would be best to use the CeraVe am moisturizer since it has SPF in it.

MemberMember
(@nicmic62)

Posted : 03/11/2013 5:25 am

The Cetaphil lotion works great for me! No breakouts from that one. I only use it at night though because it can get your face to look shiny. I don't mind so much since I'm just going to sleep. Also, you can get it in a pretty big bottles so it comes out cheap.

MemberMember
(@ambercarrart)

Posted : 06/20/2013 11:23 am

Cerave moisturizing lotion. I have the world's most sensitive, oily, acne prone skin and it doesn't bother me at all. It comes in a big bottle with a pump. I swear by the stuff. It's worth a shot! If it doesn't agree with your face, you can use it on your body :)