Notifications
Clear all

Shea Butter And Skin Purge?

MemberMember
(@ilivelaughlove)

Posted : 12/31/2012 7:26 pm

i just started using shea butter at night i used to use it about a yr ago and had been for over a yr but i cant remember if it made my skin purge when i first started using it and i honestly dont know why i stopped cause it did wonders for my skin tone but anywayss just started using it again and got about 6 new pimples in my problem area. 1 the night after i started using it and 3 that came up the 5th day and now 2much smaller pimples the 6th and 7th day the pimples at first were a little bigger and more noticeable and now these last two pimples are smaller and only 1 came up each day so im wondering if this is just my skin purging and if anyone else experienced this or if its gonna get worse and i should stop now

-i dont usually breakout anymore so i hope this is just a purge any advice would be veryyyyyyy appreciated!!!!!

will update soon as well

i

MemberMember
(@ind1g0)

Posted : 12/31/2012 8:31 pm

Hey- shea butter did not work for my face, it was simply too heavy. It also didn't wreck my face, either. But it was mildly comedogenic. So good luck to you. Did you use the same brand as before? I now use grapeseed oil on my far and I hight recommend it as moisturizer.

MemberMember
(@ilivelaughlove)

Posted : 12/31/2012 9:38 pm

yeah i used the same exact brand its urefined shea butter from the african nut and thats the only ingredient its 100% organic and i really liked jojba oil which i was using right before this but wanted something to help hyperpigmentation also how long did u use the shea butter for??

MemberMember
(@ilivelaughlove)

Posted : 01/01/2013 3:24 pm

8th day on shea (haha)

update-im worried that i started shea butter and required these new pimples (which means new hyperpigmentation) for nothing. i didnt use shea butter on my face last night and used my jojaba instead and woke up with no new acne so im prayingggg that the purge has ended and i can use shea butter or that means it was breaking me out in the first place. Tonight is my last night of experimentation and the 8th day ill be using shea butter, not counting the day i skipped last night. If i wake up tommorow morning with more acne then im gonna stop using it and go back to jojaba.

MemberMember
(@ind1g0)

Posted : 01/01/2013 4:17 pm

yeah i used the same exact brand its urefined shea butter from the african nut and thats the only ingredient its 100% organic and i really liked jojba oil which i was using right before this but wanted something to help hyperpigmentation also how long did u use the shea butter for??

I used the shea for a good 4 weeks to a month. Granted, I was mixing it with a bit of manuka honey and applying it as a moisturizer. I don't think shea should create purging, as it doesn't have the composition to create increased turnover of skin cells. I honestly think you should stick to what you know works (jojoba)- shea can be a little thick, it might be clogging your pores even though its supposedly non comedogenic. Let us know how the next day goes!

MemberMember
(@ilivelaughlove)

Posted : 01/01/2013 4:24 pm

yep i agree, i was so hopefully cause i used it for like a year before with great results butttt i was also on antibiotics so i think it was keeping me from breaking out i actually realized that i awoke with a new big pimple today. luckily just one (thank god haha) it was on top of a new pimple that died down so i thought it was the old mark until i went into the light and say it was red and bulging not flat and purplish -_____- soooooooo the shea butter experiment has ended lol results were five new noticeable pimples on my before clear face so i agree with you lnd1g0 it just must be too thick especially cause i got no purging when i first started jojoba.

MemberMember
(@leelowe1)

Posted : 01/12/2013 11:20 am

As people have said, if somethign works, stick with it. The fact that acne is almost a thing of the past for you,just leave your face alone and allow the marks to go away on their own and on their own time.

Good Luck!

MemberMember
(@ilivelaughlove)

Posted : 01/13/2013 3:16 pm

As people have said, if something works, stick with it. The fact that acne is almost a thing of the past for you,just leave your face alone and allow the marks to go away on their own and on their own time.

Good Luck!

Hello Guys Africa people have been using shea butter for hundreds of years to help keep their skin soft,obvious and healthier.Shea butter has a lot of uses but it is most respected for healthier skin care because of its safety and emollient qualities.Thanks a lot!!

Yep sasch83 as soon as i stopped using it my face went back to its normal state (knock on wood) and Norris2 i do believe shea butter has some amazing properties that help to heal and nourish the skin because when i used it before it was wonderful but as of now it is just too heavy for my skin and caused cystic acne when i used it. From this experiment i took away that i obviously cant use shea butter on my face right now except maybe under my eyes anddd that my skin doesn't really "purge". Whenever i eat something my body doesn't like, any reaction/acne from it will immediately come to the surface i think this is largely in part to my use of red light that kills the bacteria mentioned in my 'nothing from a cow' log. So from now on if i breakout from something i will know its not working right away and instead of suffering threw a gross breakout i will stop the new products use immediately.