Notifications
Clear all

Desperate. Going Out For Nye. Are These Considered Cysts? Would Icing Work?

MemberMember
(@vintage-curly)

Posted : 12/31/2012 1:43 pm

Hi guys,

I've been trying everything to get my acne under control..it was clearing up sooooo well in october but now it's back again. Im going to go on BCP again but in the meantime

would you consider these pimples cysts? should i ice them? im going out tonight and i reallyyy am feeling kinda depressed because i dont like how my face looks. any tips to make this look better by tonight?

i have some makeup and concealer too.

happy news years!

warning...not the prettiest sight lol

20121231_124503_zps96480959.jpgpost-181893-0-67744600-1356979351_thumb.

post-181893-0-24577800-1356979364_thumb.

MemberMember
(@jwaltersrn)

Posted : 12/31/2012 2:00 pm

Icing them might help, but its not going to be resolved by tonight. Sorry sweetie! Just do the best you can, maybe an Aspirin mask, and then style your hair to partially cover. When you recover from your evening, hop back on here and see about treating your acne and getting clear again for spring break. Happy new year, I'm sure you'll be gorgeous!

MemberMember
(@vintage-curly)

Posted : 12/31/2012 2:39 pm

thank you! i'm going to try to still be as confident as possible lol. thank goodness its just this side of my face right now *knock on wood* so i'll probably part my hair so only the smoother side shows. and yea, im starting to obsess over my skin because i really dont understand what the problem is or why i go from periods of extremely clear skin to this. it's frustrating

MemberMember
(@jwaltersrn)

Posted : 12/31/2012 2:43 pm

Could be alot of things. Hormones, change in routine, habits or foods. Nobody really knows. Unfortunately there is nothing to make it instantly disappear, or these site wouldnt exist. Have fun tonight, be careful, and we will see you in the new year!

I'm currently sitting here with diaper cream and hemp oil on my face to minimize the redness and flaking, so I can hopefully cover most of my crap in make up. Just know I'm in the same boat with you tonight and we are both fabulous, spots and all!!!

MemberMember
(@vintage-curly)

Posted : 12/31/2012 3:04 pm

haha thanks, this made me feel a lot better :) have fun too!

MemberMember
(@green-gables)

Posted : 01/04/2013 11:43 pm

Don't be afraid to get rid of the whiteheads.

I'm not talking about "squeezing" which is where you FORCE a whitehead out when it doesn't want to come out. But when pus is sitting near the surface of your skin like that, for god's sake take a sterilized needle and prick the end and release the pus out. Pus sitting there isn't doing you or your skin any favors.

All of my dermatologists have said that this is okay, and the first few would do it for me because I was unreasonably scared of scarring. But after watching them do it I realized it's no big deal.

Hope you had a great NYE!

MemberMember
(@mizzlady)

Posted : 01/06/2013 12:49 am

Don't be afraid to get rid of the whiteheads.

I'm not talking about "squeezing" which is where you FORCE a whitehead out when it doesn't want to come out. But when pus is sitting near the surface of your skin like that, for god's sake take a sterilized needle and prick the end and release the pus out. Pus sitting there isn't doing you or your skin any favors.

All of my dermatologists have said that this is okay, and the first few would do it for me because I was unreasonably scared of scarring. But after watching them do it I realized it's no big deal.

Hope you had a great NYE!

Scarring is one of my problems and I really try not to squeeze them. I'm glad you mentioned the sterile needle technique. I will try that from now on because I am in the process of fading the spots. In the meantime, I cover my scars with concealer.

Hi guys,

I've been trying everything to get my acne under control..it was clearing up sooooo well in october but now it's back again. Im going to go on BCP again but in the meantime

would you consider these pimples cysts? should i ice them? im going out tonight and i reallyyy am feeling kinda depressed because i dont like how my face looks. any tips to make this look better by tonight?

i have some makeup and concealer too.

happy news years!

warning...not the prettiest sight lol

20121231_124503_zps96480959.jpgpost-181893-0-67744600-1356979351_thumb.

post-181893-0-24577800-1356979364_thumb.

You are not alone! My skin is the same.