Watery Eyes? Allerg...

Notifications
Clear all

Watery Eyes? Allergies?

MemberMember
(@fiaf)

Posted : 12/30/2012 10:40 pm

Hi, I was wondering if anyone else got watery eyes. I'm pretty sure it's the BP, actually I'm certain.

I don't apply it anywhere near my eyes.

It's got to the point I do not use it in the day because I get red/watery eyes. Very uncomfortable and embarrassing, always seems to strike at the worst times too.

MemberMember
(@jacobo1337)

Posted : 01/06/2013 12:40 am

I also get watery eyes from BP. My eyes don't get red (I resist rubbing them as best I can).

I am also wondering what would cause this and how to prevent it if that is even possible.

Thanks

MemberMember
(@ayeaye)

Posted : 01/07/2013 1:54 am

Yes, its the BP. Even now after a year, I sometimes get watery eyes in the first hour after applying but it then goes away.

When I first stated the regimen the watery red eyes lasted about 3 weeks but then it just gradually stopped happening, until now it only occurs maybe twice a month. I'm afraid its just another thing you have to get through when first starting the regimen. It passes though... Good luck!

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 01/07/2013 1:57 pm

I discovered this on my own as well... if this was listed somewhere as a regimen side effect, I missed it when I first started. It was *terrible* when I first started. It's a bit better now, but it still happens.

I try my best to avoid putting the benzoyl peroxide anywhere near my eyes. I don't think the problem is that I'm actually getting any BP in my eye. More likely, it's just that the eyes are so sensitive that even applying BP near the eyes will cause this. I am also careful around my eyes when I moisturize. I find that wiping other products around my eyes can "carry" the benzoyl peroxide closer.

The watering, stinging, and redness is most uncomfortable when I play sports or exercise. The sweat drips down my hair and forehead, and into my eyes, often carrying some BP with it. Makes me feel blind when I play, which often impacts my performance. I don't know if other people have this problem; I sweat more than the average person. I suppose I could cut my hair or wear a goofy headband. It's just difficult when the regimen dictates the way I look and behave in so many aspects.

It's probably not related, but my eyesight itself has also deteriorated since I started the regimen.

I'm clear though. So yay.