Notifications
Clear all

Best Moisturiser When Using Benzoyl Peroxide?

MemberMember
(@jekester)

Posted : 12/30/2012 7:30 pm

I'm using Benzac AC 5%, been using for about 8 days now, and starting to notice peeling or flakey bits (around the mouth/chin and nose. Whats a GOOD moisturiser that wont hurt me and I will benefit from?

MemberMember
(@jekester)

Posted : 12/31/2012 7:51 pm

bump. one that doesn't clog pores and what not, so just a good moisturiser for acne, basically. anyone?

MemberMember
(@garrettryan)

Posted : 01/01/2013 9:35 pm

I use Retin-a so I know all about flaky dry skin! What I do is use my fingers to gently exfoliate when I'm in the shower, to buff away any dry skin, this way I can avoid all the harsh chemical scrubs ect ect. As for a moisturizer I use "Aveeno positively radiant daily moisturizer spf 15" its oil free, and non comedogenic, so it shouldn't cause any breakouts. It can be a little greasy feeling if you use to much, so I only use a little more then a pea sized amount on my entire face, which works perfect. It's a little on the pricey side for some people, around 15$ a bottle, but if you can afford it then I think its worth it.

Good luck (:

Jess N and Jekester liked
MemberMember
(@jekester)

Posted : 01/02/2013 1:55 am

Thanks! :)

MemberMember
(@jefferyvm)

Posted : 01/02/2013 12:50 pm

I use Cerava AM and PM, they say non-comedgenic and it was actually recommend to me by my dermatologist. Although the AM seems to leave me face feeling greasy, but that could just be the SPF I'm feeling. Give it a try. I have noticed I'm not dry and flaky anymore, but more oily (again, could be normal and caused by the Taz I'm on).

Hopeful74 liked
MemberMember
(@connor-cliche)

Posted : 01/02/2013 6:02 pm

I personally use Dan's Moisturizer (I used to use the old one that was discontinued in 2011, I believe) but I personally find the absolute best moisturizer to be Jojoba Oil. One drop gets me through perfectly for the day, and I usually use like 5-6 drops every night and wake up with really hydrated skin.

Jess N liked
MemberMember
(@jekester)

Posted : 01/03/2013 1:48 am

Thanks to both of you. For now, I'm going to keep using my Benzac AC 5% and see if the dryness fades away, if not I'll start using a moisturiser, but I just ordered The regimen :D.

Hh30 liked
MemberMember
(@hh30)

Posted : 01/04/2018 9:04 am

On 31/12/2012 at 0:30 AM, Jekester said:

I'm using Benzac AC 5%, been using for about 8 days now, and starting to notice peeling or flakey bits (around the mouth/chin and nose. Whats a GOOD moisturiser that wont hurt me and I will benefit from?

On 03/01/2013 at 6:48 AM, Jekester said:

Thanks to both of you. For now, I'm going to keep using my Benzac AC 5% and see if the dryness fades away, if not I'll start using a moisturiser, but I just ordered The regimen |::D.

I'm exactly the same I'm on antibiotics and benzoyl peroxide and my skin is flaky and the texture is completely different. I can't use any moisturiser with alcohol in it im using simple at the moment it takes ages to soak in but I guess it's trial and error and I use Vaseline moisturiser on top of my benzoyl gel once it's completely dried xx