Notifications
Clear all

Consulation 1/18 Should I Be Worried...

MemberMember
(@turd)

Posted : 12/30/2012 5:06 pm

I have a consultation on january 18th with Dr Steven S. Carp in Akron/Canton area.

The consultation fee is $75 but it was waived because I mentioned a website (realself.com) that advertised this doctor.

The lady on the phone asked what I was coming in to have looked at and I said post accutane acne scars on my cheeks and fine lines around my mouth and forehead.

I have already had two fraxel repairs with subcision done with a different doctor with minimal results. The lady right away said she was going to send me a packet of information in the mail before my appointment on laser resurfacing. Should I be worried that she is jumping right to laser resurfacing?

The doctor uses Matrix Fractional C02

I have pitted scars on both sides of my face.. some are rolling some are atrophic.. then fine lines around my mouth and on my forehead. I am a 25 yr old italian male. Some of the pits are medium depth and one is very wide.. i

Here are the images... sorry i meant consultation in my topic not consulation lol

v

MemberMember
(@michelle-reece)

Posted : 12/30/2012 6:35 pm

No, you shouldn't be worried because you said you had severe acne, which usually leaves (deep) and widespread scars. Did you tell her about the other treatments you had?

MemberMember
(@turd)

Posted : 12/30/2012 6:43 pm

Yeah I told her I had two prior fraxel restores last winter along with subcision

This doctor doesnt perform subcision but I wish he would cause I feel like that would work

Is the c02 fractional better than the fraxel restore that I received?

Based on my pictures do you think it could help me? I dont wanna drop $1200-1500 for nothing... im a grad student I need my money lol

MemberMember
(@readytosmileagain)

Posted : 12/31/2012 12:02 pm

Hey - i feel like we could really relate to each other!

I too am Italian, did the accutane thing, did 2 subcisions and in just 2 days am going from my first C02 DEEP FX laser... scared out of my F%^&ing mind!!!

will it scar worse since i was on accutane for a while, will it work, will i have red marks for a long time, will i get more scarring - i know your pain, i get that you want to fix these things badly and I totally understand your nervousness for getting laser immediately when starting with a new doc. So for the consult, ask to se photos of laser that he or she has done in the past, talk about doing this post accutane and if there prior patients had any issues, ask for a REALISTIC time frame for the healing process.... get all the info, dont worry about rushing into it.

Check out my photos in my topic - Photos of scars or something - its the topic on top.

BEST OF LUCK!

MemberMember
(@turd)

Posted : 12/31/2012 12:52 pm

Yeah the scarring on the left side of your face is identical to mine.. the right side is similar but mine is a little worse. I really want to see if this new doctor will do subcision and then the fractional on the same day.. I feel like that would give me great results.

I was duped by my last doctor saying that fraxel restore would help me.. it did smooth out some textures on my face where I had no scarring but the scars didnt improve at all.. maybe 10%.

Hey - i feel like we could really relate to each other!

I too am Italian, did the accutane thing, did 2 subcisions and in just 2 days am going from my first C02 DEEP FX laser... scared out of my F%^&ing mind!!!

will it scar worse since i was on accutane for a while, will it work, will i have red marks for a long time, will i get more scarring - i know your pain, i get that you want to fix these things badly and I totally understand your nervousness for getting laser immediately when starting with a new doc. So for the consult, ask to se photos of laser that he or she has done in the past, talk about doing this post accutane and if there prior patients had any issues, ask for a REALISTIC time frame for the healing process.... get all the info, dont worry about rushing into it.

Check out my photos in my topic - Photos of scars or something - its the topic on top.

BEST OF LUCK!

MemberMember
(@readytosmileagain)

Posted : 12/31/2012 12:56 pm

I have a good feeling about this new doctor for you!! They want to help and want you to be happy im sure but I would definitely feel it out when you have your consult - do not let them rush you, make you feel like you are asking silly questions or anything and if they do, its time to find someone else! Trust in your gut feeling ALWAYS.

and SMILE! You are being proactive to feel better about your self and allow yourself to calm down knowing that you are moving forward, even if its just having consults, you are taking steps towards.

We are all here for you too

MemberMember
(@turd)

Posted : 01/20/2013 9:31 pm

I had a consultation with Dr. Husni out of Independence, Ohio about 2.5 months ago... who does fractional co2, broad band light and skin tyte devices and he said he would do a fractional for $1200.

I scheduled a new consultation with Dr. Stephen Carp in Akron, ohio.. he began to tell me all the usual blah blah then said well your scars arent too bad they can definitely be improved with our matrix fractional laser ...has his nurse get me a quote... $2400.... double the price of Dr. Husni.... i dont care how hot his two nurses were.. i immediately said no thanks and one of the nurses got rude so I just smiled laughed and left.

I left a message with Dr. Husni and I am going to schedule a laser with him/