Notifications
Clear all

Whey Protein Isolate

MemberMember
(@estranged)

Posted : 12/30/2012 4:44 am

Hey everyone. So I recently started taking my whey protein shakes after weight training, it was a good brand and it didn't have any added sugar or anything, and it had whey protein concentrate AND isolate in it. After almost a week of using it, I got a bit of a breakout, and I rarely get breakouts anymore if any because I've been on differin for about 10 months. I was wondering if it was the whey concentrate that may have broke me out, or whether it was the fact that the actual whey protein was out of date a few months (I didn't realise this until a few days ago).. And also, does anyone know of any 100% whey protein isolate brands in Australia? Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks everyone :)

MemberMember
(@estranged)

Posted : 12/30/2012 10:31 pm

Anyone?

MemberMember
(@crashoran)

Posted : 12/31/2012 12:53 am

Whey protein used to break me out so I stopped eating it. I use pea protein now. NOW Brand has a low cost pea-protein powder if you're interested

MemberMember
(@sum1killme)

Posted : 12/31/2012 1:24 am

Whey protein used to break me out so I stopped eating it. I use pea protein now. NOW Brand has a low cost pea-protein powder if you're interested

Has this pea protein broken you out? I wanna start workin out again but I also had problems with the whey and other brands of protein. synthaphase worked ok it didn't break me out but is only 24 grams for 2 scoops.

MemberMember
(@estranged)

Posted : 12/31/2012 2:50 am

Hm.. I thought my whey protein would be fine, as I don't break out from dairy or anything really now because of the differin. I still avoid junk food and sweets though.