Notifications
Clear all

Cetaphil Normal To Oily Cleanser And Neutrogena On The Spot?

MemberMember
(@doctorobvious)

Posted : 12/29/2012 2:37 am

Hi, I've been on Dan's regimen for about a month and a half now and while I'm seeing results, they're not as good as they could be and I'm thinking it's because of the products I'm using.

So far I've been using Dove Beauty Bar for sensitive skin, Equate repairing lotion, and Clean and Clear Advantage Acne Control Moisturizer. I think I'll see some better results if I switch over to the Cetaphil Normal to Oily Cleanser and the Neutrogena On The Spot as my BP. Anyone that's tried these see good results?

Also, if anyone has any tips for that irritating hyperpigmentation that's left over from acne I'd love to hear it, because I have a lot more of that than actual acne at the moment, haha.

MemberMember
(@kyle_)

Posted : 12/29/2012 7:08 am

Neutrogena On The Spot is cream based I think, forgive me if I'm wrong, but cream based BP is insuperiour to a gel based for a lot of reasons, definatly try look for a gel based product.

Also I have not used cetephil but I have heard good stuff about it, only problem is their products contain sodium laureth sulfate I think, last time I checked they did haha, which is very over drying for me and for pretty much most people.

I can't advise on Equate repairing lotion as I've never heard of it, maybe someone else has on here?

AHA works very well for hyperpigmentation, the best thing to get rid of this if to maintain your skin keeping it clear, I find using the sunbeds very occasinally and not too much gives me a slight tan helping to even my skin tone out, hiding some of the red marks from it. BHA is suppose to work well but I wouldn't reccomend it from personal experience.

Hope I helped!

MemberMember
(@nicmic62)

Posted : 03/06/2013 2:54 am

Hi, I've been on Dan's regimen for about a month and a half now and while I'm seeing results, they're not as good as they could be and I'm thinking it's because of the products I'm using.

So far I've been using Dove Beauty Bar for sensitive skin, Equate repairing lotion, and Clean and Clear Advantage Acne Control Moisturizer. I think I'll see some better results if I switch over to the Cetaphil Normal to Oily Cleanser and the Neutrogena On The Spot as my BP. Anyone that's tried these see good results?

Also, if anyone has any tips for that irritating hyperpigmentation that's left over from acne I'd love to hear it, because I have a lot more of that than actual acne at the moment, haha.

I currently use the Cetaphil Normal to Oily cleanser and it has been working for me in Dan's Regimen. Although I do plan to switch to the Gentle Cleanser after this runs out because most users are saying it is less drying to the skin.

Regarding hyperpigmentation, I use a 10% glycolic acid gel with my moisturizer at night. It helps lighten my red marks much faster and makes my skin less flakey.

MemberMember
(@norcalash)

Posted : 04/18/2013 10:52 pm

I started the Regimen about six weeks ago. I have not yet used any of Dan's products. I use Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser (not the Daily Facial Cleanser) and Neutrogena On-the-Spot. My skin is normal to dry, not at all oily. So far, my skin is the clearest it's been in many, many years! I love Cetaphil, and OnTheSpot seems to be working really well thus far!!

Hope this helps

MemberMember
(@ambercarrart)

Posted : 06/19/2013 11:05 pm

I actually started the regimen about 3 months ago using Cerave foaming facial cleanser and Neutrogena on the spot, and had AMAZING results. I moisturize with the plain old Cerave moisturizing lotion (big bottle with a pump). I saw it got gradually better over a couple of months, then suddenly perfect after about 3 months. I was SO pleased I just bought the acne.org BP. The neutrogena is expensive for the size and the acne.org BP is a GREAT deal. I don't plan on stopping anytime soon so I figured go big or go home.