Notifications
Clear all

Low Dose 4 Weeks In...too Early To Say?

MemberMember
(@denisj)

Posted : 12/28/2012 9:39 pm

Hi all

My derm prescribed me 60mg initially but I did some research and this was considered quite high for my severity...

Although it is adequate for my weight (140lbs), I just decided to go with 10mg since I was just too afraid of initial breakouts.

Time flew by and this is my 4 weeks in...experiencing some common side effects and few breakouts here and there

But it seems like my skin is definitely getting better...for about a week I haven't had any chin acne, which is major reason why I'm on accutane.

I'm just beginning to wonder if this is too early to say that my skin is clearing...

I mean some people seem to get their initial breakouts after about a month...and since I'm on extremely low dose, will it hit much later?

MemberMember
(@vincevega)

Posted : 12/29/2012 5:53 am

Good idea to go with the low-dose.. Which side-effects have you been experiencing?

Hopefully your skin will just continue to clear, I don't think anyone can say for definite whether or not your skin will break out, you'll just have to wait and see. Good luck!

MemberMember
(@denisj)

Posted : 12/29/2012 10:52 am

Right now I'm only experiencing some minor side effects such as dry skin and some redness on my face. They don't even bother me anymore though.

During exam period (accutane 2- 3 weeks in) I had some unusual headache and my IBS got worsen. Few breakouts as well.

But I think the stress contributed more than the medication.

I'm using tactuo(retin a & bp cream) every 2 days. Not too sure if its a good practice but it seems to be working so I'm keeping up with it.

MemberMember
(@vincevega)

Posted : 12/29/2012 11:07 am

Right now I'm only experiencing some minor side effects such as dry skin and some redness on my face. They don't even bother me anymore though.

During exam period (accutane 2- 3 weeks in) I had some unusual headache and my IBS got worsen. Few breakouts as well.

I'm using tactuo(retin a & bp cream) every 2 days. Not too sure if its a good practice but it seems to be working so I'm keeping up with it.

Your face got red? I hope this isn't a side-effect when (or if) I go on the drug. I'm hoping for my skin to come out more toned, as it's quite red in my T-zone.

MemberMember
(@bmariewantsnoacne)

Posted : 12/29/2012 11:12 am

The redness is often referred to as the 'Tane burn. I have it too, but it seems to come and go...

MemberMember
(@denisj)

Posted : 12/29/2012 11:18 am

Your face got red? I hope this isn't a side-effect when (or if) I go on the drug. I'm hoping for my skin to come out more toned, as it's quite red in my T-zone.

Yes usually after washing my face. It gets better after applying moisturizer though.

Make sure to get a moisturizer that works...even if it is slightly greasy.

I mean I have an oil free moisturizer from 'lab series' which is more for grooming and this doesn't moisturize my skin any more ever since I've started taking this med.

I bought other moisturizer which feels slightly sticky(greasy somewhat) but seems to moisture well.

MemberMember
(@vincevega)

Posted : 12/29/2012 12:36 pm

So if you get red while on Accutane could somebody explain to my why people who have Rosacae use it?