Notifications
Clear all

New To The Regimen

MemberMember
(@gq101)

Posted : 12/27/2012 1:21 am

Hi everyone! Im 26 and i live in CA. been having trouble with moderate adult acne for the past year. i've been on the regimen for the past two weeks, and i've been frequenting this site for the past three weeks. id be more than happy to share my experiences with the regimen and i will try to answer some questions that I come across, if i can. :) I'd like to extend my help as much as I can because I believe that everyone deserves acne-free skin! :)

MemberMember
(@kasyani)

Posted : 12/27/2012 5:15 am

Hi everyone! Im 26 and i live in CA. been having trouble with moderate adult acne for the past year. i've been on the regimen for the past two weeks, and i've been frequenting this site for the past three weeks. id be more than happy to share my experiences with the regimen and i will try to answer some questions that I come across, if i can. smile.png I'd like to extend my help as much as I can because I believe that everyone deserves acne-free skin! smile.png

Hi,I am relatively new on here as well,although my spot problem only surfaces every couple of years for a short time.

You say you have mild acne,could you expand on that please,when I do suffer,I get an isolated huge spot,whereas acne suggests to me small red spots/blackheads/rash,a generally unhealthy complexion which disappears in peoples twenties,it seems unusua,l if I am right in what I am reading, that you have started to suffer in your mid twenties.

MemberMember
(@gq101)

Posted : 01/06/2013 2:51 am

Hi everyone! Im 26 and i live in CA. been having trouble with moderate adult acne for the past year. i've been on the regimen for the past two weeks, and i've been frequenting this site for the past three weeks. id be more than happy to share my experiences with the regimen and i will try to answer some questions that I come across, if i can. smile.png I'd like to extend my help as much as I can because I believe that everyone deserves acne-free skin! smile.png

Hi,I am relatively new on here as well,although my spot problem only surfaces every couple of years for a short time.

You say you have mild acne,could you expand on that please,when I do suffer,I get an isolated huge spot,whereas acne suggests to me small red spots/blackheads/rash,a generally unhealthy complexion which disappears in peoples twenties,it seems unusua,l if I am right in what I am reading, that you have started to suffer in your mid twenties.

Welcome to acne.org! I actually had moderate acne, wherein I have about 10 pimples on my face at a time ( more or less), which are caused by a MULTITUDE of factors (in my case) such as make up, hormones, diet, shampoo, and generally anything that transfers bacteria onto my skin. Yes, it started last year and I was not able to really pinpoint what was causing it. I agree with you that it seems unusual because people start to outgrow acne by this time. My pimples also varied in size, from small red bumps to pus filled zits. these are accompanied by blackheads and whiteheads. so unattractive.

I have been on the regimen for about 3 weeks now, and i have just started with the full dose of BP. I am so happy to say that my pimples are a no-show, but i am still having dry, flaky skin due to the BP. I also have dark spots from where my acne used to be, but they can easily be concealed. i can't wait till the dryness stops and my skin is able to adjust to the BP!

Based on what you have told me, I think your case is very mild, and perhaps you only need to spot treat. Do you notice any behavior that could possibly be causing these sporadic spots? perhaps a late night out, or stress, or perhaps your diet? identifying what's causing it can be very helpful in preventing further break outs. eusa_think.gif oh and applying some BP can speed up the "life cycle" of those huge spots.

MemberMember
(@kasyani)

Posted : 01/06/2013 4:51 am

If you look under adult acne "phew fast disappearing for xmas" you will see a pic of me.

I suffer from a different condition than you where the pus doesn't surface,it stays buried 0.5cm inside so I don't get the chance to prick the skin and eject the poison,I have to insert a pin fully inside the spot and drain for 3 or 4 days,the spot is really quite big and only ever the one.

I think your condition might be different but not "true acne" as you started later in life,but you could be having an allergic reaction or intolerance the same as me producing several smaller pimples.

I discovered my poison 30 years ago by accident after suffering terribly for 10 years,as I live in the UK,food brands have different names,like pot noodles,I think ramen is the equivalent in the USA and gravy granules,instant soup,packet mix in sauces and some prescription tablets contain the same chemicals,basically anything that has long shelf life and is chemically made and you add boiling water to activate,

my daughter has the same condition and she is allergic/intolerant to MSG,maybe I also do?.

MemberMember
(@gq101)

Posted : 01/10/2013 10:59 pm

If you look under adult acne "phew fast disappearing for xmas" you will see a pic of me.

I suffer from a different condition than you where the pus doesn't surface,it stays buried 0.5cm inside so I don't get the chance to prick the skin and eject the poison,I have to insert a pin fully inside the spot and drain for 3 or 4 days,the spot is really quite big and only ever the one.

I think your condition might be different but not "true acne" as you started later in life,but you could be having an allergic reaction or intolerance the same as me producing several smaller pimples.

I discovered my poison 30 years ago by accident after suffering terribly for 10 years,as I live in the UK,food brands have different names,like pot noodles,I think ramen is the equivalent in the USA and gravy granules,instant soup,packet mix in sauces and some prescription tablets contain the same chemicals,basically anything that has long shelf life and is chemically made and you add boiling water to activate,

my daughter has the same condition and she is allergic/intolerant to MSG,maybe I also do?.

I saw your pics and yes they are very different from mine. Since you were able to narrow it down to MSG, it is possible that MSG is the cause of it. Also since you mentioned that your daughter is allergic to it, and she probably got it from you ( heredity). Im no skin expert but maybe you can try an MSG and Gluten free diet and see if your skin still produces those painful bumps. maybe you should also avoid instant foods in general. I am currently on a healthier diet wherein I avoid junk food, beef, pork, etc. and I eat more fruits, veggies etc. I think diet indeed plays a huge role in having clearer skin. let me know how it goes smile.png

MemberMember
(@kasyani)

Posted : 01/11/2013 4:28 am

I saw your pics and yes they are very different from mine. Since you were able to narrow it down to MSG, it is possible that MSG is the cause of it. Also since you mentioned that your daughter is allergic to it, and she probably got it from you ( heredity). Im no skin expert but maybe you can try an MSG and Gluten free diet and see if your skin still produces those painful bumps. maybe you should also avoid instant foods in general. I am currently on a healthier diet wherein I avoid junk food, beef, pork, etc. and I eat more fruits, veggies etc. I think diet indeed plays a huge role in having clearer skin. let me know how it goes smile.png

you are right,I have avoided instant granular products like ramen,gravy/coffee granules,instant soups,mix in sauces for 30 years after suffering terribly for 10 years,I still occasionally get caught out every couple of years,usually when I have ate in a restaurant,so things are not so bad for me now.

MemberMember
(@gq101)

Posted : 01/11/2013 12:30 pm

you are right,I have avoided instant granular products like ramen,gravy/coffee granules,instant soups,mix in sauces for 30 years after suffering terribly for 10 years,I still occasionally get caught out every couple of years,usually when I have ate in a restaurant,so things are not so bad for me now.

Glad to hear that! I believe that when you eat at a restaurant, you can always request that they do not put msg. Except maybe at a fastfood. haha :)