Notifications
Clear all

Low Carb + No Sugar Diet

MemberMember
(@omgmike4)

Posted : 12/25/2012 11:06 pm

Diet consists of: No Sugar, No Carbs or Very Little.

Examples of what I eat: Cheese, All Fat Meats, Olive Oil, Eggs, Walnuts ect..

Q: I've been on this diet and I eat around 20g of Carbs a day with like 5g of Sugar. My Acne is basically removed itself and I just get very tiny pimples every now and then. I like the way it has cleared up, but I Cannot sustain this diet.

Cons:

-Less Energy ( I work out at the gym almost every day to build muscle)

-V E R Y expensive

-Tired of eating SAME thing every day.

-Greasy food = Greasy Face?

Pro:

-Less Acne

Q: Also, Every one says go visit the Dermo. I'm 19 and living on a college budget, with a mom who is barely supportive of me ridding acne. How can I possibly just "visit" the dermo. Seriously. People say it like its a free Bee walk in and out, but its so costly.

Q: Will accutane help me and is it worth it? I want to eat carbs again without fear of break outs sad.png

MemberMember
(@omgmike4)

Posted : 12/25/2012 11:38 pm

bump

MemberMember
(@binga)

Posted : 12/26/2012 2:28 am

Post this in the nutrition section. Instead of working out try yoga as that is a source of acne for some. Grains like oatmeal, brown rice, bean/lentils etc. should not be a problem.

MemberMember
(@jim-bean)

Posted : 12/26/2012 2:38 am

You have low energy because you're getting very little nutrition with that diet. You're taking in very little omega 3's (you're eating eggs so you're getting some which is very good, but it depends on how you're cooking your eggs). I understand you're on a college budget, but my advice to you is somehow earn a income to be able to buy supplements.

You need more protein, vitamins/minerals, EFA's, and probiotics. You're going to have TOO much energy with the right nutrition, lol (also won't need as much sleep either).

And another piece of advice - avoid accutane at all costs! That will be detrimental to your health. You're on the right path by fixing your diet, you just need to tweak it and get all of the nutrition your body needs.

MemberMember
(@omgmike4)

Posted : 12/26/2012 4:09 pm

Nutrition people don't answer me on this topic. I have a ton of protein as it is, especially with all the meats...How does lentils and things of that sort not give acne? I'm afraid to try veggies/fruits to get a ton of pimples again..

MemberMember
(@jim-bean)

Posted : 12/26/2012 4:29 pm

"Nutrition people don't answer me on this topic"

Haha. Well aren't you a ungrateful little turd? People are just trying to help you. But to answer your question, lentils can break you out. Many people can not tolerate legumes, you have to just experiment yourself.

MemberMember
(@naturald)

Posted : 12/28/2012 8:56 am

Reckon cutting that cheese out would see even more improvement in your skin.

Dairy products are full of hormones. Acne occurs due to messed up hormones.