Notifications
Clear all

I'm Suffering Deppression From Acne "aged 16"

MemberMember
(@linx)

Posted : 12/25/2012 10:20 pm

Right I have just turned 16yrs old, and im struggling with my confidence.

i started getting acne around 11 years old.

Acne has made my life a complete misery I have currently finished girlfriends because of my acne,

I have in bad on the face back neck and chest.

Ever since i have been through all the prescriptions my GP can offer and supply to me.

I have been but through to a dermatologist witch i'm hoping they can get it gone for good!.

Acne makes me look older than what I look i'm 16yrs and it makes me look 18-19 years of age.

it makes my skin look horrible and I miss they baby face I used to have.

I don't know what to do and people just say everyone gets spots but they don't know what i'm feeling

its just messing my life up, i even turn down going out with family and getting pictures.

I get abuse saying "Lets play dot to dot with you face?" just knocks me down so hard.

I have tried dieting such a low GI everything just please someone help or give me advice

as its making me depressed and stressed..

Here is pictures of my acne its not fully clear because of darkness and bad lighting!

ooFH0.jpg

lb4w6.jpg

wj5Wp.jpg

sIwUI.png

MemberMember
(@michelle-reece)

Posted : 12/25/2012 10:27 pm

I'm sorry to hear that, Linx. :(

When's your appointment with your derm? Also, how's your insurance? The second question is important because better insurance can give you more options, like using adapalene.

MemberMember
(@nakedsmurf)

Posted : 12/25/2012 10:51 pm

Try zinc and some b5 pills they help me alot when I was breaking out in high school also vitamin c and don't pop

Acne goes away but holes dont.

MemberMember
(@linx)

Posted : 12/25/2012 11:04 pm

I have derm in January for first time,

I don't anything about my insurance but thanks for the advice.

means a lot to have your support!

MemberMember
(@john96)

Posted : 12/25/2012 11:07 pm

I am 16 years old also.

Acne has messed up my self-esteem quite badly also. I never really got bullied because of acne, but as soon as i got into a argument with someone that would be the first thing they commented on.

My acne has calmed down the past year, but i don't think i will ever be as confident as i used to be until my face is perfect(i miss my baby face also lol)

MemberMember
(@dejaclairevoyant)

Posted : 12/25/2012 11:11 pm

It's funny how a 30-year-old woman could relate SO much to a 16 year old guy.

I am sorry for your suffering. I really do relate.

MemberMember
(@linx)

Posted : 12/25/2012 11:13 pm

I am 16 years old also.

Acne has messed up my self-esteem quite badly also. I never really got bullied because of acne, but as soon as i got into a argument with someone that would be the first thing they commented on.

My acne has calmed down the past year, but i don't think i will ever be as confident as i used to be until my face is perfect(i miss my baby face also lol)

I have never been bullied in person its always been over ask.fm so they are anonymous, but I seem to get 300+ likes on my photos on facebook.

so I don't thin people really care that much about it.

But knowing you don't have a clear face is the worst feeling ever!

I want a perfect face like most lads have now days all clear.

MemberMember
(@ilovemesomevanity)

Posted : 12/26/2012 12:40 am

SHUT UP YOU ARE SO CUTE i mean seriously acnes not that big of a deal when youre 16. i mean it is but it isnt, like its actually pretty normal. and since you get a ton of likes on fb and have had a ton of girlfriends im sure everyone looks past that. i mean im two years older than you so i cant really talk like im wiser or anything lol but really if you were 18 UNF hahahaaaa

psh perfection is boring.

MemberMember
(@jim-bean)

Posted : 12/26/2012 2:07 am

Because you're getting acne on your cheeks and body, it's most likely related to your diet.

Start a paleo diet. Stop eating all grains: Bread, rice, pasta, donuts, cakes, pastries, etc. Also stop eating starchy foods like white potatoes. Replace all grains with vegetables. Have vegetables with every meal.

Supplementing is VERY important. Start supplementing EFA's (Omega 3's: Best from flaxseed oil), vitamins and minerals: Zinc - 50mg, Vitamin A 20,000 IU, Vitamin B5: 1-5 grams, entire B-complex, 3-5 grams Vitamin C, Probiotics 80-100 billion units.

I made a post that you can check out on my signature for more details, but doing what I mentioned above alone you will see a tremendous difference.

MemberMember
(@beccabiscuits)

Posted : 12/27/2012 3:02 pm

Personally for me I don't find what I eat has anything to do with my skin, Im 19 nearly 20 and started getting acne when I was 18. I'm shocked that now I'm getting older my skin has got so bad! If anything my diet has got better whilst growing up! Acne has ruined past 18 months of my life, It has affected my work and social life. I make excuses when meeting my friends and pull a sickie from work when they are inflamed and can't be covered. I no what your going through your face is what people first look at and people can be harsh and judgemental, has roaccutane been mentioned? I think it's called accutane in the USA

MemberMember
(@linx)

Posted : 12/27/2012 7:57 pm

Thanks for the support guys means a lot!

just hope this dermatology helps me.

MemberMember
(@beccabiscuits)

Posted : 12/28/2012 7:07 am

Just wondering what is treatment like for acne in america? Do you have to pay a lot for treatment? And do they take it serious?

MemberMember
(@linx)

Posted : 12/29/2012 8:43 pm

I'm from the UK so i wouldn't know sorry.

MemberMember
(@ls206816)

Posted : 01/03/2013 6:34 pm

I'm 15 and have been suffering from acne since I was ten years old. It really takes effect on my self esteem and I'm pretty insecure about it. No one really ever made fun of me but sometimes people comment on it and sometimes I feel like all people do I stare at my face. I think girls have it better when they have acne because we can cover it up with makeup while guys cant. But I also think girls have it harder because guys think girls are suposse to have flawless skin but more girls don't mind guys who have acne. And in America it is easy to get products for acne and to see doctors. Americans have complete stores and websites dedicated to having " beautiful clear skin" most Americans spend tons of money on beauty products and most girls start wearing makeup at a really young age.

MemberMember
(@linx)

Posted : 01/06/2013 3:07 am

Dermatologist on the 30th of January so going to see what they can do, hopefully all goes well and this year i'll have a result of perfect skin.

thanks for all the support guys means a lot! <3

MemberMember
(@dejaclairevoyant)

Posted : 01/06/2013 10:20 am

Just wondering what is treatment like for acne in america? Do you have to pay a lot for treatment? And do they take it serious?

It sucks. I spent thousands of dollars over the course of a few years and they did absolutely nothing to help me. They also told me that food played no role in acne, when it very clearly plays a HUGE role in mine. It was a ridiculous waste of money and time and I'd not do it again.

MemberMember
(@john96)

Posted : 01/07/2013 8:55 pm

My acne improved A LOT after i got some advice and stuck to it

I was told to: (not by a doctor, but from someone who USED to have acne)

- Eat healthy

- NO stress and try to forget about having acne

- workout

- Limit sex/masturbation

The thing is people like FACTS and proof that all that stuff is related to acne, unfortunately i don't have proof, facts or even pics.

6 months after doing all that stuff my acne cleared up 90%. I would of taking a picture 6 months ago but i didn't have the confidence and HATED getting my pic took back then.

I am not saying if you follow all those things that your acne will improve BUT it defiantly wont get any worse because of following that advice.

Some things work for some and don't for others, but i am sure the above things were the cause of me clearing up, but of course it could of just cleaned up because i was getting older.

MemberMember
(@ella27)

Posted : 01/13/2013 7:19 pm

You're 16 too?! hifive.gif

I got acne at your age too, around 11 or 10.

First off if anyone you know harasses you about your skin confront them and let them know that they truly have to accept you in order to be close to you. Do not stand for abuse. I get walked all over sometimes. Luckily I have friends that don't let that happen but there are instances when I'm alone and must stand up for myself.

I suppose the best thing I can say is that we are still young. The depressing thing is that acne can effect our actions- whether we want to leave the house etc etc.- however we must combat that dictating feeling. Do not live your must vital years with out confidence. Walk with a- excuse me- f*ck it- attitude. Nothing is cooler then that :P Distracting yourself with activities and gaining a new social circle will build confidence.

Good luck!

MemberMember
(@31stcenturyteen)

Posted : 01/15/2013 2:01 am

Dude I know exactly what you're are going through, I started getting acne at the age of 12. At first it was mostly mild but when I started high school, it was a bombshell my acne turned moderate-severe immediately I felt depressed. I would think to myself would, any girl ever like me or even talk to me despite my gross face. It made me become a loner, I stopped going out, I felt like every where I would go people stare at me and say to themselves "He is so gross" or "He must not take care of himself". I'm currently 16 in the past 2 years my acne has reduced a bit, not as much as I would like but I'm getting there. I still get depressed at times, but I often try to find stories that help me over come this. In these 2 years I still haven't found a girlfriend mostly due to the fact that I am shy and dont have the courage to talk or interact with girls alot. Anyway I wish you good look dude hope things go well for you.

MemberMember
(@andrewbleah)

Posted : 02/03/2013 1:12 pm

I totally feel your pain , I have suffered much more than you did judcing by your acne , unfortunatly I have much worse acne ( had) now I have red marks basicly all over my face, I also used to get a lots of likes on facebook now I deteleted my profile for over a year.

I'm in the 10th grade ,and it sucks bro.that's just life sometimes , you just gotta pull throught.

MemberMember
(@xxyy)

Posted : 02/05/2013 11:07 am

I have never been bullied in person its always been over ask.fm so they are anonymous, but I seem to get 300+ likes on my photos on facebook.

so I don't thin people really care that much about it.

But knowing you don't have a clear face is the worst feeling ever!

I want a perfect face like most lads have now days all clear.

You'll find once you start college a lot of the guys who had clear skin throughout school will start to get acne. Sadly I was one of these people but i noticed i certainly wasnt the only one.